Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard anything about the status of the divorce? I'm just not finding any follow up online, but I could be looking in the wrong places.

I just feel like this is a key process that needs to be completed for a whole bunch of reasons: AS can begin moving forward personally, AS can testify unhindered, collateral information could support the DA case..

BBM

Divorced or not AS could always testify unhindered. Spousal privilege probably wouldn't have applied anyway since his child was killed. But even if it had applied, he holds the privilege, not LS. He can't be forced to testify and even if divorced, marital communication during the marriage could be shielded. But it all comes down to whether he wants to testify. If he does, he can testify about anything and everything.

Of course, I have no idea if AS feels he needs to be divorced to testify freely. But today is only May 1. He filed for divorce at the end of the first week of March. I don't know how divorce proceedings usually work in CO but the fact that the process doesn't appear finished doesn't seem unusual to me.
JMO

I'm sure this makes sense somehow, but my early morning brain is just not getting it. They do know the virus can't be transmitted through video, don't they? Or do they have those special videos that can sense heat and spread germs?

ETA: @Seattle1 answered my question. I just needed to keep reading.

Hi @ RaspberryMama…. Yeah, it’s worded weird. I just realized that. I think it means that with online visitation the offender is in the jail in his cell and the visitor at home or other place away from the jail etc. both on computers or other devices and meeting online. I believe that the video visitation option would still require the offender leaving the cell and being brought to a designated place where the video equipment is and therefore increasing movement. This is just a guess, though. Can anyone else correct if this is incorrect? Thank you so much. :)

Hi @ RaspberryMama…. Yeah, it’s worded weird. I just realized that. I think it means that with online visitation the offender is in the jail in his cell and the visitor at home or other place away from the jail etc. both on computers or other devices and meeting online. I believe that the video visitation option would still require the offender leaving the cell and being brought to a designated place where the video equipment is and therefore increasing movement. This is just a guess, though. Can anyone else correct if this is incorrect? Thank you so much. :)

Oops... and I just realized that it was answered by Seattle. Thank yo uso much Seattle! :)

Good morning - this is what I understood from the link you posted earlier:

To minimize public exposure to the virus, the Video Visitation Center is currently closed, and the vendor is providing Online Visitation without the normal fees.

"Video visitation" takes place onsite at the Video Visitation Center. When you enter the El Paso County Jail campus, the Video Visitation Center is the first building on the left. All visitors are required to park in the designated visitor parking lot. The main entrance of the facility is directly adjacent to the parking lot.

All visits will be conducted over a video visitation system utilizing monitors and handsets. You will not see the inmate in person. The on-site rules posted at the link below also reference the use of a visitation booth.

Inmate Visitation

On-Line Visitation (fee-based service)

The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office is pleased to announce a new way for friends, family, and professionals to visit an inmate. Starting June 1st, 2017, visitors can use a personal computer to visit from home or the office.

Online Public Visits cost $6.00 per 30-minute visit. Online Professional visits cost $6.00 but are not limited in duration. Onsite visits will continue to be available free of charge.

Visitors must have an email address to create an account online and must register prior to the visit. Visitors are encouraged to run a simple test to ensure the computer hardware is compatible.

You can schedule and conduct your visit online at IP Web Visitor.

ip-web-machine.png

IP Web Visitor© is a correctional video visitation system that allows family and professionals to visit incarcerated individuals over the internet, from the convenience of their homes or offices.

The IP Web Visitor© System is easy to use and requires no special computer skills. Visits are inexpensive, typically far less costly both in time and money, when compared to traveling to the correctional facility.

Click here to create a new account or to sign in and begin visiting.

ipWeb Visitor :: HOME

Maybe it's just your night to wear the McCranky hat, Windrower. We've all had a turn or two at it!

We've each also on occasion thrown out an idea that didn't connect with anyone.
I've pitched a few that didn't even make sense to me when I logged on after a night's sleep!

Those of us who followed the Kelsey Berreth case from beginning to end discovered that reality often presents as far stranger than fiction and we've already seen that in Gannon's case.

If someone had posted early on that T probably threw him off a bridge in Florida we'd likely have laughed them off the thread.

We're all a little whacko or we might be reading the Great Books of the Western World instead of discussing crimes with strangers......but here we are.
Love this, well said!

Good morning - this is what I understood from the link you posted earlier:

To minimize public exposure to the virus, the Video Visitation Center is currently closed, and the vendor is providing Online Visitation without the normal fees.

"Video visitation" takes place onsite at the Video Visitation Center. When you enter the El Paso County Jail campus, the Video Visitation Center is the first building on the left. All visitors are required to park in the designated visitor parking lot. The main entrance of the facility is directly adjacent to the parking lot.

All visits will be conducted over a video visitation system utilizing monitors and handsets. You will not see the inmate in person. The on-site rules posted at the link below also reference the use of a visitation booth.

Inmate Visitation

On-Line Visitation (fee-based service)

The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office is pleased to announce a new way for friends, family, and professionals to visit an inmate. Starting June 1st, 2017, visitors can use a personal computer to visit from home or the office.

Online Public Visits cost $6.00 per 30-minute visit. Online Professional visits cost $6.00 but are not limited in duration. Onsite visits will continue to be available free of charge.

Visitors must have an email address to create an account online and must register prior to the visit. Visitors are encouraged to run a simple test to ensure the computer hardware is compatible.

You can schedule and conduct your visit online at IP Web Visitor.

ip-web-machine.png

IP Web Visitor© is a correctional video visitation system that allows family and professionals to visit incarcerated individuals over the internet, from the convenience of their homes or offices.

The IP Web Visitor© System is easy to use and requires no special computer skills. Visits are inexpensive, typically far less costly both in time and money, when compared to traveling to the correctional facility.

Click here to create a new account or to sign in and begin visiting.

ipWeb Visitor :: HOME

This is great info @Seattle1! Thank you so much! :D

Maybe it's just your night to wear the McCranky hat, Windrower. We've all had a turn or two at it!

We've each also on occasion thrown out an idea that didn't connect with anyone.
I've pitched a few that didn't even make sense to me when I logged on after a night's sleep!

Those of us who followed the Kelsey Berreth case from beginning to end discovered that reality often presents as far stranger than fiction and we've already seen that in Gannon's case.

If someone had posted early on that T probably threw him off a bridge in Florida we'd likely have laughed them off the thread.

We're all a little whacko or we might be reading the Great Books of the Western World instead of discussing crimes with strangers......but here we are.
Love this, well said!

If you told me she moved his body, I would have called you crazy.

If you told me she drove his body to Florida, I would have called you insane.

If you told me she would blame this on a double rapist/kidnapper/ named “Eguardo,” I would have called you @GordianKnot

Too easy.
And this, yes!

Greetings all,
Just a quick pass through to say hi. Still heartbroken over sweet Gannon, and wanted to check in for any updates if there are any. Just had to take a break to heal a bit. His picture still makes my heart ache and my eyes fill up.

Hope everyone is hanging in there despite covid and being homebound, etc. A bright spot in our home is that we adopted two kittens that keep us on our toes!

Still praying for Gannon's family and for the harshest and fiercest justice for them all.

Greetings all,
Just a quick pass through to say hi. Still heartbroken over sweet Gannon, and wanted to check in for any updates if there are any. Just had to take a break to heal a bit. His picture still makes my heart ache and my eyes fill up.

Hope everyone is hanging in there despite covid and being homebound, etc. A bright spot in our home is that we adopted two kittens that keep us on our toes!

Still praying for Gannon's family and for the harshest and fiercest justice for them all.
Good to hear from you @JTR1973 . Sending hugs your way and just want to say Bless You for adopting those kitties. I hope they are giving you much needed distraction and joy!

In my state, divorce proceedings are heard in Superior Court. It appears that Colorado hears divorce in District Court. Somebody asked about this earlier looking for the Stauch divorce. (I still see nothing on the docket search). Linking a helpful reference guide below.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Media/Brochures/2014webglance.pdf

COLORADO COURTS AT A GLANCE (reference guide).

When I heard that investigators said that the basement of the home “ smelled nice, like coconut “ I thought maybe someone had vacuumed with a sprinkle on carpet powder.
Looking online for disinfectants, I see this. Didn’t know this scent existed, but having had a 100 lb Akita dog going through heat, I know the best thing to clean blood from walls is Clorox wipes. Sorry if that’s graphic for y’all.

Attachments

• 9ADA580E-E03D-4452-8485-D9891909DBFD.jpeg
    9ADA580E-E03D-4452-8485-D9891909DBFD.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 63
When I heard that investigators said that the basement of the home “ smelled nice, like coconut “ I thought maybe someone had vacuumed with a sprinkle on carpet powder.
Looking online for disinfectants, I see this. Didn’t know this scent existed, but having had a 100 lb Akita dog going through heat, I know the best thing to clean blood from walls is Clorox wipes. Sorry if that’s graphic for y’all.

When I first heard "coconut" and the investigator thinking the basement smelled nice, my first thought was a candle.

(And then I learned about the alleged carpet fire, smoke, candle wax, and blood gushing blister).

I dunno -- I like Clorox to smell like bleach, Pine-Sol to smell like pine oil....

And don't go putting milk in my tea (or coffee), or even think about watering down my scotch.

MOO

When I first heard "coconut" and the investigator thinking the basement smelled nice, my first thought was a candle.

(And then I learned about the alleged carpet fire, smoke, candle wax, and blood gushing blister).

I dunno -- I like Clorox to smell like bleach, Pine-Sol to smell like pine oil....

And don't go putting milk in my tea (or coffee), or even think about watering down my scotch.

MOO
I’m with you, @Seattle1 ! I first thought candle, then carpet powder. I had no idea that bleach came in different scents.

I hate tea, drink my coffee black and for 30 years my favorite drink was Chivas on the rocks. So, a little bit watered down Scotch. :)

Court TV uploaded this video last night -- many interesting comments about the pending divorce. Today's hearing is noted as a status conference. The big question is whether or not LS wanted to go on a field trip today or if her attorney is appearing on her behalf. Will LS torture AS today by showing up? :eek:

Gannon Stauch's Father Files for Divorce From Accused Murderer Letecia Stauch | Court TV 4/29/2020

I just re-listened to the Court TV video and I would not be surprised if the divorce status hearing was continued.

I don't even know if LS has hired a divorce attorney yet!

There's no public defender for divorce -- she's going to have to pony up some coins here because AS made it clear in his petition that she's on her own for any attorney's fees.

I too am wondering if AS and his attorney are working with the prosecutor. I agree that they probably want to depose LS and are setting the stage to do just that.

A deposition could prove a treasure trove for all of them. We know that LS is dying to speak having lost her pedestal so many weeks ago. I don't think she's capable of invoking the 5th! MOO

I see some posts indicating that today may be HH's 18th birthday.

Whoop-dee-doo-doo.

You know who's never going to see an 18th birthday?

GANNON.

I literally could not care less that today is her birthday.
Actually, that's not true:

18 is the age of legal adulthood.
DDA Allen can now flip that burner on high.
The bottoms of HH's feet will no doubt be getting warmer and warmer.

Hey, there's something to celebrate here, after all!

"Refusing to speak with investigators" is never a good look.

Especially for someone with military aspirations.

JMO.
Maybe she will feel the burn beginning today. Gannon will miss or maybe already did miss his 12th birthday. I couldn’t care less about anyone celebrating an 18th birthday after refusing to cooperate with LE.

In all seriousness, en route to Denver earlier today, I drove past the sad location where sifters were searching for Gannon. The green screen, prominent. How in Hell's name did she choose that spot? There are houses within a good stone's throw. Or rather, within a stone's good throw. It's a trafficked road. Even midday. Even in a pandemic. And from the sounds of it, she never ventured far from the road.

The sheer stupidity pales only by the gross inhumanity of it all.

JMO

In all seriousness, en route to Denver earlier today, I drove past the sad location where sifters were searching for Gannon. The green screen, prominent. How in Hell's name did she choose that spot? There are houses within a good stone's throw. Or rather, within a stone's good throw. It's a trafficked road. Even midday. Even in a pandemic. And from the sounds of it, she never ventured far from the road.

The sheer stupidity pales only by the gross inhumanity of it all.

JMO

Almost as smart as retrieving said body (while under heavy scrutiny) and carrying it hundreds of miles away only to place it under an elevated road/bridge on a very well traveled highway.

Planning and thinking things through certainly is not her strong point.

She's almost as dumb as she is evil.......and well that's saying something

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members