Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding Suzanne Morphew: Investigators Search Husband's Job Site Near Salida

Okay I totally missed this- in the video it shows that they are in fact sifting under the large white tent- I now believe they could see something under the concrete and are slowly taking layer by layer of dirt over to the white tents to sift, likely only one "spot of interest" located within that square. This could take a lonnnggg time.
moo
So maybe they know she’s under there but haven’t reached her yet :( JMO

Well, she was reported missing on Mothers Day, but we technically don't know when she actually went missing.

jmo

One of the DM articles stated she was last heard from on the 9th, then reported missing on the 10th.
My guess is, she either texted, messaged or talked to one or both of her girls or maybe a close friend on the 9th.

jmo

IF Suzanne ends up being there, I wonder if this homeowner was away or if this was their vacation home or something. I can’t imagine even in the middle of the night being able to bury a body at someone’s home without them noticing. Perhaps they made mention to people working in their yard that it would be super convenient to do work on X weekend because they’d be gone? MOO

Or perhaps it’s a home under construction i.e. completely unoccupied, with the owners visiting the site as and when required to meet with contractors etc? MOO

I've looked but didn't see it, did the homeowner mention what day BM was there to lay dirt? Or even when BM was first hired by her?
Apologies if I've missed the obvious.

The property owner confirmed to CBS4’s Rick Sallinger that Suzanne’s husband was hired to lay dirt on the riverfront land, located east of Salida. The owner of the property told CBS4’s Rick Sallinger that he has known Barry Morphew for three weeks.

Three weeks from yesterday is May 1, the earliest he would have been hired.

One of the DM articles stated she was last heard from on the 9th, then reported missing on the 10th.
My guess is, she either texted, messaged or talked to one or both of her girls or maybe a close friend on the 9th.

jmo
I'll trust a voice or video call as proof of life....but not a text message or email.

jmo

IF Suzanne ends up being there, I wonder if this homeowner was away or if this was their vacation home or something. I can’t imagine even in the middle of the night being able to bury a body at someone’s home without them noticing. Perhaps they made mention to people working in their yard that it would be super convenient to do work on X weekend because they’d be gone? MOO
I haven’t looked at all the pictures so forgive me if this is a stupid question but is it a finished house someone is living in or is it in the process of being built?

The property owner confirmed to CBS4’s Rick Sallinger that Suzanne’s husband was hired to lay dirt on the riverfront land, located east of Salida. The owner of the property told CBS4’s Rick Sallinger that he has known Barry Morphew for three weeks.

Three weeks from yesterday is May 1, the earliest he would have been hired.
Hire date doesn't necessarily mean work date. He could've been hired on the 1st and didn't work work until the following week or so.

I wonder if he went to that site after Suzanne was reported missing? When was the concrete poured?

jmo

Or perhaps it’s a home under construction i.e. completely unoccupied, with the owners visiting the site as and when required to meet with contractors etc? MOO

jmo

Or perhaps the perp had her phone and was texting from it, pretending to be her to give themselves more time? JMO

IMO, it’s possible they are not searching for a body but other critical evidence. However, if they are searching for a two week old-ish body, well that is another horror about what happened to it. IMO

Wouldn't ground penetrating radar show skeletal remains and wouldn't they be able to go directly above where the remains are? I am obviously having difficulty figuring out what kind of evidence they are sifting for and why haven't they found whatever was big enough for the ground radar to identify to choose that exact spot.

I believe the ground radar equipment is able to detect depth as well as disturbances in soil as well as shapes of objects. If that's so, then they may have detected disturbances in the ground that are slightly deeper than the actual dirt that was recently laid down. Just an idea, imo... Also, they will surely be looking for other objects other than a body in the dirt. Sometimes, when a murder victim is disposed of, many of the objects involved may be discarded with the body such as clothing, weapon(s) bullet casings, tarpaulins, bed linens, personal objects of the victim, cigarette butts, soft drink cans... murderers can be very foolish. However, I don't believe they'll find anything at this search site, Jmo.

It looks like a new construction site to me. I don’t think the property owners live there yet.

It seems odd to me BM was hired to do anything yet.
Late hubby used to work construction, and landscapers never did anything on site at this stage of the build.
It looks to me like the site was very recently leveled for the concrete foundation pour.
If memory serves, after the foundation is done framing lumber & tresses would be delivered next, drywall, siding, insulation, roofing, electricians, plumbers...
and a landscaper's part comes WAY after all of that.

Maybe they do things differently there.
Or maybe riverfront land is different?
I dunno, it just seems odd to me.

they would want a search warrant by judge for evidentiary purposes so had reasonable cause. I feel for that poor homeowner. I certainly wouldn’t want to live there now.
Well, I wouldn't want to live there speculating that there might be a body buried under a concrete slab. If they indeed find SM and remove her body and I am not there to see it, I probably could eventually put it out of my mind.

It seems odd to me BM was hired to do anything yet.
Late hubby used to work construction, and landscapers never did anything on site at this stage of the build.
It looks to me like the site was very recently leveled for the concrete foundation pour.
If memory serves, after the foundation is done framing lumber & tresses would be delivered next, drywall, siding, insulation, roofing, electricians, plumbers...
and a landscaper's part comes WAY after all of that.

Maybe they do things differently there.
Or maybe riverfront land is different?
I dunno, it just seems odd to me.

My opinion only--It looks like site prep work, like they had to bring the low end of the lot up to the level of the higher end to make room for that rather large structure. I don't know whether BM did the entire job, or if he just hauled in fill that the contractor put in place and compacted. It sounds to me like he just provide the material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa