Looking for any LISK (Long Island Serial Killer) updates

I agree working the evidence and more specifically evidence on the old Peaches case might yield better clues assuming the killer was still inexperienced in their craft and more likely to leave incriminating evidence behind at that time. You bring up excellent points about the tub and DNA which leads me to ask is there any drag marks on it whatsoever? If not how would they have put the tub in its final location? Helping hands? Wheeled mechanism like a hand truck or dolly of sorts given the weight(even though torso and limbs, head removed)? I wonder if the edges are sharp or cut into bare hands when lifting the tub with Peaches body in it. I would think the killer might have worn gloves because of this hence fiber material from that as well could be still left. What is the rated load capacity of the tub before mechanical failure? As for the necklace although common it could be I'd hope for even then some sort of batch SN or plant mark even with mass produced goods assuming it is that. And it couldn't hurt to know the metallurgic makeup of either. Good point on the hotel though as you said I'd stick to the cover itself and its properties first. I'd even go so far as to trying to identify how the seams were made and with what kind of threading which could help in identifying the manufacturer. And its hard to tell from the flat lighting on the floral pattern itself whether or not its an actual floral print or embroidered material. I wonder if they have tried to do visual matrix match on the design against commercial designs. If we knew more about the properties of pillow case and whether it was mass produced junk or actual designer quality material(again cotton, polyester(synthetic), silk, etc) when such an item could have been sold and to who if any exclusivity ie in your case a hotel where possibly it was a unique company only cover not for public sale. Good work, keep it coming!

I would hope they have preserved the DNA evidence on the tub. I think that after a certain point if it isn't collected and stored properly it's a lost cause. Does anyone know for sure? I know they have the victim’s DNA. I don't know if they have the DNA from the tub handles. Skin cells are going to be on that thing. Or on the sheet. It's just whether that evidence was collected and stored properly. Shannan is the best lead we have, IMO.

Do you know what cell carrier the victim had whose phone pinged off the Fire Island tower? Which victim was this and what cell carrier did she have, and/or can you identify if the tower it pinged off of was a CDMA or GSM tower? GSM towers have a 5 mile radius. 10 mile diameter of coverage. If it was a GSM phone that means the call came from somewhere within 5 miles of that tower. Does anyone have the tower location and type of cell tower it pinged off of

Same with Massapequa towers and other towers in Manhattan where calls were placed. We can get a general area of where these calls were placed and match them with other records and see if these people have friends, associates or property in any of these locations that match the radius and span of the towers.

They implemented this in the Molly Tibbetts case to find the suspect.

Also if you pull all cell phone records from this tower and surrounding towers (if they had separate carriers) you can find out the perps phone, too. His phone was likely in his pocket while placing calls from the victims phone. The same two devices will show up pinging on the same towers in the same area at the same time. You just pull all the tower records. If you want to see how ATL Homicide pulled this off in the Shiel investigation they videotaped them going through the tower records in the ATL homicide show and identifying who may have been in the car with the victim before she was killed. You should find those respective devices pinging on towers in the areas where the other girls went missing.

Find the corresponding tower that Costello's cell traffic went through. That same device you ID from those phone calls will be in that exact area at the time she went missing.

He picked her up at a house on America ave. around the corner. She left her phone in the house. You can still ID the same device if that device pinged where the victims device was in multiple missing person’s cases. It's circumstantial but the more you line up that match the suspects device the harder it will be to refute.

If you have two carriers and a CDMA provider and a GSM provider you just have to pull the other tower data. Then analyze the device information.

@r00t

Do you know what cell carrier the victim had whose phone pinged off the Fire Island tower? Which victim was this and what cell carrier did she have, and/or can you identify if the tower it pinged off of was a CDMA or GSM tower? GSM towers have a 5 mile radius. 10 mile diameter of coverage. If it was a GSM phone that means the call came from somewhere within 5 miles of that tower. Does anyone have the tower location and type of cell tower it pinged off of

Same with Massapequa towers and other towers in Manhattan where calls were placed. We can get a general area of where these calls were placed and match them with other records and see if these people have friends, associates or property in any of these locations that match the radius and span of the towers.

They implemented this in the Molly Tibbetts case to find the suspect.

Good questions and analytics. With RF you have to accommodate for many environmental factors including weather, cosmic(sunspots), and physical environment. These factors influence RF propagation and signal intensity similar to the RSSI scheme. At 850mhz and above you're talking about 35cm and smaller wavelength signals that behave differently when propagating through different mediums(dielectrics like air(how much water vapor is in it etc.), buildings with concrete and steel rebar, etc.). and how signals scatter, refract, reflect through free space and amount of loss before being received. It is possible that LISK may have worked or known associates that worked in the telecom industry to have this rudimentary knowledge to conceal their location and select the best place to make phone calls. It wouldn't be hard to throw off detectives by making them think the signal was coming from Manhattan by fooling the algorithms used for signal handoff by way of gain antennas(or custom built complex repeater, maybe linear non inverting type found on satellites) like a log periodic dipole array(LPDA) or similar broadband direction antenna and purposely point it at those cell towers in/around/that serve Manhattan. It might be wise to also analyze the logs with those calls to see if the signal strength of his cell phone was present at any other towers though a lower RSSI/received S/N ratio. And example of the handoff cell towers could have employed is the classic case of coverage near highways. As a vehicle approaches and leaves the coverage of a particular tower it will hand off the call seamlessly to the next tower that has the lowest S/N and closest location rather than just closest location. Closest location doesnt always mean better signal. Antenna, elevation, feedline loss, as well as other environmental factors can affect that determination of which cell tower is best to handoff too. So even though the towers point towards Manhattan as the most likely place I ask the question is it possible that LISK at one point worked in the telecom industry(possibly union based(good pay)), hand knowledge of wireless communications, worked from a garage environment where technicians, lineman, splicers, etc. would have lockers and need to initial gear due to coworkers sharing and/or stealing(did he steal a coworkers belt to use?) gear? Again just as in my previous post based on the idea that he could have also worked in the county or local town as park employee he could as a telecom worker go undetected by leos and everyday people by having a legitimate reason for being at the disposal sites for say maintenance work on facilities or customer call for repair/install jobs.

Also if you pull all cell phone records from this tower and surrounding towers (if they had separate carriers) you can find out the perps phone, too. His phone was likely in his pocket while placing calls from the victims phone. The same two devices will show up pinging on the same towers in the same area at the same time. You just pull all the tower records. If you want to see how ATL Homicide pulled this off in the Shiel investigation they videotaped them going through the tower records in the ATL homicide show and identifying who may have been in the car with the victim before she was killed. You should find those respective devices pinging on towers in the areas where the other girls went missing.

Find the corresponding tower that Costello's cell traffic went through. That same device you ID from those phone calls will be in that exact area at the time she went missing.

He picked her up at a house on America ave. around the corner. She left her phone in the house. You can still ID the same device if that device pinged where the victims device was in multiple missing person’s cases. It's circumstantial but the more you line up that match the suspects device the harder it will be to refute.

If you have two carriers and a CDMA provider and a GSM provider you just have to pull the other tower data. Then analyze the device information.

@r00t
Assuming the phone wasn't a burner, original system board wasn't replaced, IMEI as well as wireless NIC MAC address could lead to the killer. If it was a burner phone it could still point investigators to where it may have been sold and further probing might yield more indirect evidence and catch them.

So I would just like to get some feedback on my thought process, theory, whatever you want to call it. I have been absorbing the LISK case faster than info is coming.... I believe that there are several individuals involved with disposing of the young girl's bodies. I believe they could be making snuff films, as well as involving drugs. I believe it has been a cover-up from day 1! Too many "men" with too much to lose. Look at the lengths they have been willing to go to already.

So I would just like to get some feedback on my thought process, theory, whatever you want to call it. I have been absorbing the LISK case faster than info is coming.... I believe that there are several individuals involved with disposing of the young girl's bodies. I believe they could be making snuff films, as well as involving drugs. I believe it has been a cover-up from day 1! Too many "men" with too much to lose. Look at the lengths they have been willing to go to already.

Where are the films? Somebody has to have found it. Find the films and that's irrefutable evidence.
You know what we need? This:

Last edited:
So as far as progress, it is worth noting that in 2020 alone, under Geraldine Hart we've gotten:
  • The Belt (WH/HM)
  • Commitment to utilizing the FBI resources to do DNA genealogy in order to ID the Jane Does
  • 911 Tapes released as she said they would if they lost
  • Identification on Jane Doe #6 , soon to be revealed - a product of following through with the aforementioned (stated in the press conference when the belt was revealed)
Yes, I know some will claim this is still Smoke & Mirrors but I have genuine faith in Hart and while there are no guarantees, I feel she is committed to solving the case. It is a monumental task but she's done more that were aware of in the last 5 months than the previous regime did in a decade.

Yes, I know some will claim this is still Smoke & Mirrors but I have genuine faith in Hart and while there are no guarantees, I feel she is committed to solving the case. It is a monumental task but she's done more that were aware of in the last 5 months than the previous regime did in a decade.

Agreed, Eagleye. It looks promising. But the 911 tapes still need to be made public...that would be the test as to how committed she is in solving this.

Suffolk police announced Friday that they have positively identified remains that were found at Gilgo Beach, known as "Jane Doe #6" or "Manorville Jane Doe."

The woman's torso was found near Halsey Manor Road back in November 2000. Her head, hands and right foot were discovered at along Ocean Parkway in April 2011 -- on the same day that other sets of remains were discovered.

Police say they used DNA technology to positively identify the remains, working in conjunction with the FBI. The white woman was between 30 and 40 years old, and was one of two dismembered victims found in Manorville between 2000-2003.

Suffolk police have not yet released the woman's identity, but said it would be made available on the department's website on the case, www.GilgoNews.com.

Police announced back in January that DNA from five of the unidentified Gilgo victims had been sent to the FBI for advanced DNA techniques, including the use of genetic genealogy.

State Sen. Phil Boyle has publicly pushed for the use of genetic genealogy, asking last year for the state lab to start using it. Genetic genealogy taps into law enforcement database, as well as public genealogy sites to essentially cross reference and map out existing connections between related people.

*the link above is not working at the moment. but what great news!

Has anyone noticed that there are potential initials/letters in peaches tattoo on DOEnetwork?? It looks to me like it says TB(R?)...

Attachments

• peaches.jpg
    peaches.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 33
Tune in to LISK: Long Island Serial Killer podcast tomorrow for a bonus episode with Josh Zeman and Rachel Mills from A+E's "The Killing Season." They will discuss the recent ID of Jane Doe #6, as well as other topics related to the ongoing case.

Rate, review, and subscribe. Thanks for listening!

‎LISK: Long Island Serial Killer on Apple Podcasts

Has anyone noticed that there are potential initials/letters in peaches tattoo on DOEnetwork?? It looks to me like it says TB(R?)...

Yes I have noticed this. I noticed this after hearing Missy on the LISK podcast say she could see letters in the tattoo. I agree with you on the letters also. I thought either TBR or TBB.

Snuff films are made and sold to particular clients thru many different ways, none of which are open source info or available to anyone but the clients themselves. If they did exist, any trace of them would be long gone except for in the guarded possession of the morally depraved clients who paid for them (most likely as a hard copy stashed away in a collection).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back