Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excluding the fire department crew is very interesting. Fire departments tend to do a line search. The crew is trained to fight fires and search skills are secondary in most cases. SAR Teams have specific skill sets and are trained to State and/or ASTM standards for search operations and incident command. Keep in mind that actors tend to use (sometimes unwitting) confederates to gain information on how close LE is to discovering evidence or what evidence has been found.

BBM:

What's impressive to me is how quickly it appears Sheriff Spezze acted to ensure that there would be no such opportunity for leaks or any other potential attempts to undermine this investigation, either witting or unwitting.

I wonder who made him aware that SM was the wife of a volunteer fireman, and at one point he was made aware of that fact.

I really do think this sheriff is incredibly sharp.

JMO.

JMO and other scenarios...
If SM were abducted, snatched & w/ bike, (?)abductor could have staged bike at any place along her bike path learned from missing person bulletin, perhaps at site other than actual abduction site.
How likely is a crime of opportunity/random abduction?
The potential increased every time SM rode the same routeIMO.
I do not know the statistics, don’t care.
I just know there are enough Teds and Israels still out there, this is still possibility, until some one is charged, AND I do not see pursuing any others, at this time...soooo, drifter or local under the radar.
The mild acts of vandalism on bike trail, could have been testing the waters.MOO
This is just about only Avenue we can pursue, sooooo?

Last edited:
Very interesting. Extremely creepy. Incident happened a few hours away from S and B's home in CO.

Twitter

This may seem unlikely connected to some regarding SM but keep it mind, we, many of us here at WS, have considered BM could have potentially made a few hour drive back home from Denver if he is involved with her disappearance so for this creepo posing as LE, same distance kind of thing.

S and B lived near trail heads and not far from Nat'l Fst. lands. This weirdo in the van could literally be anywhere back country camping in the state.
JMO/MOO

EDITED FOR CLARIFICATION - CO. Home , link, and a few spelling errors ‍♀️

Also, wanted to add. While it was just a rumor, it was said around earlier a strange vehicle had been parked where it should not have been near where SM disappeared, prior. So, perhaps , it is only just that....a rumor . JMO

Information sought on man reportedly posing as an officer in Colorado and approaching cyclists

Last edited:
Excluding the fire department crew is very interesting. Fire departments tend to do a line search. The crew is trained to fight fires and search skills are secondary in most cases. SAR Teams have specific skill sets and are trained to State and/or ASTM standards for search operations and incident command. Keep in mind that actors tend to use (sometimes unwitting) confederates to gain information on how close LE is to discovering evidence or what evidence has been found.
But aren't FDs usually called in for searches in culverts, tunnels, and other enclosed spaces? I seem to remember from an urban Denver search that we had to stop at those places and wait for FD resources. Also, in some of my CO SAR briefings, it seems they had to wait for FD for things like mine shafts. But my experience is limited, those were just my thoughts when I heard the FD was excluded from searching.

If SM were abducted, snatched & w/ bike, (?)abductor could have staged bike at any place along her bike path learned from missing person bulletin, perhaps at site other than actual abduction site.
I just know there are enough Teds and Israels still out there, this is still possibility, until some one is charged, AND I do not see pursuing any others, at this time...soooo, drifter or local under the radar.
The mild acts of vandalism on bike trail, could have been testing the waters.MOO
MSM can only report on the few bits of information that have been made public.

I can only assume, LE is/has been quietly exploring many other avenues since day one. This ain't their first rodeo.

But aren't FDs usually called in for searches in culverts, tunnels, and other enclosed spaces? I seem to remember from an urban Denver search that we had to stop at those places and wait for FD resources. Also, in some of my CO SAR briefings, it seems they had to wait for FD for things like mine shafts. But my experience is limited, those were just my thoughts when I heard the FD was excluded from searching.
It's a volunteer fire department. Meaning they are on the level of other civilian groups.

CCSO had 8 dogs in almost immediately, so the Sheriff was going the opposite direction from a "lost missing person," but rather was searching for a "person missing under suspicious circumstances,"
FBI, CBI, El Paso County Sheriff Dive team etc. And more agencies called in.

Last edited:

^^^This.^^^

This case has gone completely south in my opinion, and is heading toward the cold case file. I have never seen another case in which public opinion, and apparently LE direction, is completely formed by numerous persons who have no first hand knowledge of anything or anyone in this case serving as "insiders" and "experts" to publishers and pundits that never heard of Monarch Pass, Colorado until May 11, 2020. IMO

Last edited:
If SM were abducted, snatched & w/ bike, (?)abductor could have staged bike at any place along her bike path learned from missing person bulletin, perhaps at site other than actual abduction site. So you think they grabbed someone and then hung around to place the bike (which has never been confirmed by LE) in another location?
How likely is a crime of opportunity/random abduction? Abduction and kidnapping by someone unknown by the victim are extremely rare.
The potential increased every time SM rode the same routeIMO. You are assume a fact not in evidence that she was out on a bike ride. No one saw her riding a bike and LE has never confirmed it.
I do not know the statistics, don’t care. If you don't care about statistics and probabilities then you aren't fully invested in finding the truth. There is no reason for LE to run down speculative rabbit holes. Nearly everyone murdered is murdered by someone they know.
I just know there are enough Teds and Israels still out there, this is still possibility, until some one is charged, AND I do not see pursuing any others, at this time...soooo, drifter or local under the radar. IMO, LE knows who has made SM disappear and are taking their time to properly build their case without regard to what the general populace thinks they should do or share.

This case has gone completely south in my opinion, and is heading toward the cold case file. I have never seen a case in which public opinion, and apparently LE direction, is formed by numerous persons who have no first hand knowledge of anything or anyone in this case serving as "insiders" and "experts" to publishers and pundits that never heard of Monarch Pass, Colorado until May 11, 2020. IMO
It's been three weeks. How quickly do you think most crimes like this are solved? It is far from cold. I respect LE keeping the general public in the dark. We are not on a need to know basis. If they needed the publics help, they would ask for it.

I'm trying to think if I have ever heard of any kidnappers that have left a trail of personal items of the victim in such a manner. A personal item was found 2000 feet from her home and they said they have one other item of Suzanne's, to which many believe is her bike, found on the trail or ravine or wherever it was found, but not near the personal item found later in the week. What kidnapper takes the time to do such a thing? They want to grab their victim and get out of dodge.

This case has gone completely south in my opinion, and is heading toward the cold case file. I have never seen a case in which public opinion, and apparently LE direction, is formed by numerous persons who have no first hand knowledge of anything or anyone in this case serving as "insiders" and "experts" to publishers and pundits that never heard of Monarch Pass, Colorado until May 11, 2020. IMO

I suspected Scott Peterson the second it hit the news. His story was just OFF. Even with the dog loose in the neighborhood from her supposed walk, I didn’t get the abduction vibe at all. LE had great reason to look his direction, as we now know. The same goes for Mark Hacking. We had no reason in the beginning, aside from watching how LE behaved and where they searched, and both ended up guilty of murdering their wives.

I don’t claim to be an expert, nor will I say I am 100% certain, but given the behavior of LE, and what we DO know, I am entitled to form an opinion and discuss it. That’s the entire purpose of WS. True crime discussion. I have considered all options before reaching my preliminary conclusions, and I am completely open to a change of opinion if new evidence or information points in another direction.

JMO MOO IMO

I suspected Scott Peterson the second it hit the news. His story was just OFF. Even with the dog loose in the neighborhood from her supposed walk, I didn’t get the abduction vibe at all. LE had great reason to look his direction, as we now know. The same goes for Mark Hacking. We had no reason in the beginning, aside from watching how LE behaved and where they searched, and both ended up guilty of murdering their wives.

I don’t claim to be an expert, nor will I say I am 100% certain, but given the behavior of LE, and what we DO know, I am entitled to form an opinion and discuss it. That’s the entire purpose of WS. True crime discussion. I have considered all options before reaching my preliminary conclusions, and I am completely open to a change of opinion if new evidence or information points in another direction.

JMO MOO IMO
bbm
Ita.
Well of course. :)

After reading theories here I wanted to put in that - Purely Speculation - maybe SM contacted a lawyer regarding relationship issues and when she came up missing the lawyer contacted authorities. IMO

Long time member/lurker

LE direction is influenced by evidence, and you couldn’t ask for better resources here (CBI and FBI).

We’ve become all too familiar with them in recent months, and the past couple years (Watts, Berreth, Stauch).

What have we learned? Silence is a good thing. I don’t understand that people don’t understand, that murder cases aren’t solved in days or weeks.

They can take many months, and no, that doesn’t mean a case has gone “cold.”

When Suzanne is found, I’m sure an arrest will follow. If she isn’t found, then we could be here a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle