Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case has gone completely south in my opinion, and is heading toward the cold case file. I have never seen another case in which public opinion, and apparently LE direction, is completely formed by numerous persons who have no first hand knowledge of anything or anyone in this case serving as "insiders" and "experts" to publishers and pundits that never heard of Monarch Pass, Colorado until May 11, 2020. IMO

Thank goodness LE does NOT follow public opinion, or be informed by persons who don't know anything or anyone much less those who've never heard of Monarch Pass CO ....

They've got this

JMO

JMO
I wish we had a pin point spot where the bike was found. I was wondering if there was a direct line through the woods from back of her house to where the bike was found.

Im not sure we know enough as far as where exactly the bike was found to be able to know if someone could have walked the bike through the woods the back way to the bridge area where bike was allegedly found.

I was thinking maybe that last personal item LE found may have been dropped on the way to the bridge area and before the bike was ever at the bridge area.

Was it a volunteer company?

Cpt. B describes recruiting BM as a volunteer firefighter. From what I can tell there are 65 volunteers and 5 paid positions in the CCFPD.

Can't link, as search link goes right to the PDF. I was checking out the Fire Department in the doc below.

Buena Vista and Salida Fire Departments,
Chaffee County and South Arkansas Fire Protection
Districts, and Chaffee County EMS Colorado

It's been three weeks. How quickly do you think most crimes like this are solved? It is far from cold. I respect LE keeping the general public in the dark. We are not on a need to know basis. If they needed the publics help, they would ask for it.
Very true. Leticia Stauch was arrested 5 weeks after she reported Gannon missing. LE have been unusually quiet in this case which tells me they are working their theory and gathering and analyzing evidence. They probably have a large amount of data to comb through from cell phones, computers and videos. The fact that the family is keeping quiet leads me to believe they’ve been instructed not to talk to media. This Sheriff appears to be very capable so I trust he’s steering this case in the right direction.

BBM:

What's impressive to me is how quickly it appears Sheriff Spezze acted to ensure that there would be no such opportunity for leaks or any other potential attempts to undermine this investigation, either witting or unwitting.

I wonder who made him aware that SM was the wife of a volunteer fireman, and at one point he was made aware of that fact.

I really do think this sheriff is incredibly sharp.

JMO.
Agreed!

Perhaps SM confided in her daughters that she was going to ask BM for a divorce the weekend of May 9-10 when the girls were camping. When they were unable to reach SM maybe they became concerned....
I do not believe there was ever a bike ride and that there is a good possibility that she was harmed on or before Saturday, May 9.
JMO

That's would be a hell of a burden to put on your children.
Whatever the dynamic was between SM and BM I would hope it would not make the children complicit in the plan.
Because if a mother was scared enough of her husband to confide in her children I would hope the last thing they would do was go on a camping trip and leave their mother alone in the house.

Or... which deranged killer breaks into a house, Kills the occupant, then artfully hides the body, after a random murder?
I'm quite sure that a deranged evil killer, does not care about discarding his bodies.
Truly, after 20 years in this site. I've never seen a break in stranger killer
bother to hide a body.
On the other hand... I have seen many, many cases of spouses hidding their loved ones dead bodies.
<modsnip: Suzanne is still listed as a missing person>
Yes, I believe her to be dead. And, I am Very sad about this.
She never, if alive, would not contact her children.

I'm trying to think if I have ever heard of any kidnappers that have left a trail of personal items of the victim in such a manner. A personal item was found 2000 feet from her home and they said they have one other item of Suzanne's, to which many believe is her bike, found on the trail or ravine or wherever it was found, but not near the personal item found later in the week. What kidnapper takes the time to do such a thing? They want to grab their victim and get out of dodge.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to think if I have ever heard of any kidnappers that have left a trail of personal items of the victim in such a manner. A personal item was found 2000 feet from her home and they said they have one other item of Suzanne's, to which many believe is her bike, found on the trail or ravine or wherever it was found, but not near the personal item found later in the week. What kidnapper takes the time to do such a thing? They want to grab their victim and get out of dodge.
JMO, speculation, what if they knew her habits, and grabbed both the bike and SM. This scenario works for BM as well as stalker. They may have planned to stage bike.
Based on another post 2,000 ft from home, think 2,000 sq ft house. Not far at all. It would have to be a significant item. Phone, keys, etc. Aren’t we supposed to toss our keys before being forced into our car? Instinct by SM? Anything else of lesser value could have been dropped on a short walk around property. Or, SM could have tried to leave some crumbs. This is all extremely unlikely, also extremely hard to solve.... not all predators are stupid.
JMOBike staging from early news stories to move crime scene...

I try hard to keep an open mind, but I/we can make lots of things fit if we focus too tightly.I have never attended any law enforcement courses, but feel certain that is in the 101 basic course...
I am confidant in the LE process, LE is handling this case w/ skill...any speculation on my part is just that.
I also think this is only area left for us to work w/.

Last edited:
Holly Bobo missing from Tenn: MeDiA & TiMeLiNe only! *NO DISCUSSION*

Holly Bobo case. They found personal items scattered in many places. Such a sad, sad case.

Here’s a recap from day 3 of the murder trial. They talk about many of the items found if you scroll down the page:

DNA, personal items entered as evidence in Holly Bobo murder trial

Last edited:
Holly Bobo missing from Tenn: MeDiA & TiMeLiNe only! *NO DISCUSSION*

Holly Bobo case. They found personal items scattered in many places. Such a sad, sad case.

Here’s a recap from day 3 of the murder trial. They talk about many of the items found if you scroll down the page:

DNA, personal items entered as evidence in Holly Bobo murder trial
Excellent call! What would anyone do in that situation?!
Sad case, so sad.
If she were being drugged and losing consciousness, it would have been close to home.JMO

MSM can only report on the few bits of information that have been made public.

I can only assume, LE is/has been quietly exploring many other avenues since day one. This ain't their first rodeo.
I believe you may have misunderstood me...
I am totally with you, my comment was directed at myself and fellow sleuthers. WE have TOS, therefore this is one of few areas left to sleuth.
Considering my limited info, tools, evidence, I never ever, nope, just nope, do not second guess LE...
Nor do I question their speed, etc...I do not expect CSI tv timelines, either...nope, that must be some other

It’s not a cold case just because you don’t have lawyers blabbing to the press on all sides! It takes time to process and test evidence. It takes time to properly subpoena 3rd parties and have experts review electronic data. If we want something to do we can put together a list of the information LE has but we don’t. When was the last call on Suzanne’s phone? Her last text, FB message, browser refresh? The list goes on and on!

The wealth of electronic information we all leave behind can be a goldmine to LE but it also is a SLOG. As a new lawyer I spent a month reading one guy’s electronic communications. A month! And that was after someone else went through and tagged the “relevant” emails for me. It’s just...a LOT.

Nothing is fast. Clients always ask me if we can solve their problem faster by suing some third party that they think is “really” responsible. And my answer is always no, the process is slow, there are rules, Court is never fast or efficient. Same for criminal investigations!

I believe you may have misunderstood me...
I am totally with you, my comment was directed at myself and fellow sleuthers. WE have TOS, therefore this is one of few areas left to sleuth.
Considering my limited info, tools, evidence, I never ever, nope, just nope, do not second guess LE...
Nor do I question their speed, etc...I do not expect CSI tv timelines, either...nope, that must be some other
Sorry for the confusion. I agree, we don't have much factual information to work with. I think we all are on the same page in our intentions.
We want to know there is progress being made in this case and more importantly justice for SM.

Waiting sucks.

Hey WS'ers. I have been away for a long while, but this case has drawn me back. I have read through this thread, but havent gone back to the beginning yet. As usual, WS doent disappoint when it comes to sleuthing for details. Im sorry if this has been hashed out (or its probably hidden away in the evidence room with all the other details of this case), but my biggest question so far is, what exactly prompted the neighbor to call LE? And what made LE react so quickly? From my understanding SM was only gone a few hours (not days), which doesnt typically create immediate LE involvement. I have read that the daughters were concerned and called the neighbor, and also read that SM made a comment to the neighbor about potentially not returning? Do we know?

My screen links to Observer33 above...
Respectfully, I am not arguing that the the statistics are not valid, nor that LE has not already ruled out anything that I might speculate. I am merely playing Devils Advocates Yes there are statistics for random stranger abduction, rare.
If you review my earlier posts, you might have read, “I have the freedom of pursuing the wild goose chase theory, what ifs , w/o the tremendous professional and personal pressure LE is under”
If I make a stupid suggestion here it is not going to harm the investigation.
You missed my point on the statistics... to pursue my wild speculation, requires that I throw out the statistics...I did not suggest that LE do that.

As to the bike, what if he just wanted a bike too? And realized it was too hot.

soooo, you are suggesting I basically have not one tidbit of evidence(bike)to speculate w/
JMO And that, my friend is the conundrum. TOS do not allow me to speculate or sleuth the statistically most likely person of interest, the only possible persons left are strangers... so I practice for that extremely rare event....because statistically proven or not, that is where the cold cases begin, the only evidence I have of this is the dna evidence that is now finding some quite unsuspected murderers.
respectfully, JMO
Rereading my posts, earlier that you commented on, I should have been clearer, I do not know the exact percentage of cases are committed by people they know...of course I know the high probability, etc, I don’t need to know the exact.000990%
I am 100% certain the LE are pursuing the proper course, unfortunately, I cannot, here.
So instead of dissecting home decor, I wildly speculate, you can scroll and roll...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member