FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a last desperate attempt to get him out of a dangerous situation, I can imagine a mother doing that.

I can’t imagine a Mother doing that. Anyone could pick him up.
Maybe she was being held against her will, tied down or drugged and Kamdyn was playing outside in front of that apartment in the sandy soil.

This isn’t true in a lot of states, all that I’ve seen or encountered actually. Not only can you register a vehicle on a suspended or revoked license, you don’t need a license at all. I know different states have different requirements but I’ve never seen a state that requires an active, clean, valid license to register a motor vehicle. Ever. At the end of the day the states are more concerned with collecting the taxes and fees associated with vehicle purchases and registration.

The argument can also be made that just because you can’t legally operate a vehicle, doesn’t exclude a legal driver from operating your vehicle for you.

The issues that would arise from a suspended license would be in obtaining insurance and proof of, which IS required for registering a vehicle in most states. Many policy writers will reject a request for insurance by a driver with a suspended license and those that will accept an application for coverage will increase the payments/premiums due to obvious increased risk of insuring a driver with a suspended license. Most policies also will not cover drivers involved in an accident that occurred involving the policy holder operating a motor vehicle on a suspended license, regardless of “at fault” findings as well.

Lastly, of course it would also be against the law to operate the registered motor vehicle if that operator was doing so on a suspended license. That said, there are a lot of illegal things but that doesn’t keep people from doing them regardless unfortunately. While laws are intended to prevent people from doing things that shouldn’t be allowed, sadly this doesn’t work and they only act to enforce consequences for those that choose to do so anyway.
Per the state of GA Department of Driver's Services website : To register your vehicle, receive a license plate or get a certificate of title, you need to have your current license. So if you just moved to Georgia, update your license first. Also, the state of AL requires a driver's license to register a vehicle.

I've been keeping up with this story, and there's something just not on the level. I think it's important to be supportive of her family but they have to be honest, if they want to find her. I feel it's imperative to this case to be as honest as possible, even if it's unpleasant.

So, just out of curiosity and based on a possible hunch with absolutely no factual basis whatsoever, or anything to indicate such, I googled the distance from Miami to Hollywood, and it’s a straight shot at 21.6 miles. As some of you may remember, coincidentally, “22 miles” is my magic number, specifically “22-28 miles/minutes”- again this is based on studying the “mileage” associated with various past cases, and this applies to if there is FP here.

Distance / Miami to Hollywood:
28 min (21.6 mi)
via I-95 Express and I-95 N

Last edited:
I am in need of a second set of eyes. There is a FB page called Hollywood Beach, FL. I decided to scroll through recent photos. There is one post on July 25 credited to an AF. There is a pic of a couple taking a selfie on the beach, she is wearing a white dress. The girl sort of/kind of reminds me of LC. Any chance you could take a look and see your thoughts? Probably nothing but thought I'd see what you all thought. Note to all: do not bring page or picture here!!

I zoomed in on the picture. Doesn't look like her from what I can tell. Different facial features.

So, just out of curiosity and based on a possible hunch with absolutely no factual basis whatsoever, or anything to indicate such, I googled the distance from Miami to Hollywood, and it’s a straight shot at 21.6 miles. As some of you may remember, coincidentally, “22 miles” is my magic number, specifically “22-28 miles/minutes”- again this is based on studying the “mileage” associated with various past cases, and this applies to if there is FP here.

28 min (21.6 mi)

what is FP?

28 min (21.6 mi)

Wish you would elaborate. I'm intrigued.

Going down to Florida would have also cost her a lot of money. A lot of money for gas, then food for traveling (especially when you have a kid). Something HAD to have been SO important down in Florida to travel so far and spend SO MUCH money. If she WAS going down to Florida to sell something to make money then it would defeat the purpose by all the money it cost her to travel down there to begin with if that makes sense.

So I am leaning (like many of you) maybe she was going to meet someone for a date possibly? I really don't see her going for drugs. But that is MY opinion. Many people will do MANY things to meet someone online for a date.

Heck I met my husband (who I am married to now) online and NO ONE knew I was meeting him about a hour away (of course that is different than HOURS away) in a location that NO ONE knew about. I was very secretive about my life and didn't tell family many things. Seems like Leila is that way too.

I know at one time I also didn't have anywhere to go. I argued with my parents and ended up leaving home. I met a guy (who honestly was a stranger) and moved in with him. I know a lot of people who have done this. Wonder if she THOUGHT she met someone great and that they would be able to be a family and all so to speak and she had planned to maybe date and possibly move in with him so to speak. Maybe it was one of those deals where he had an apartment for rent (that was a GOOD deal) or something and he coaxed her into coming to Florida ?

Unfortunately for her it most likely turned out sour. He was NOT who she expected when she got to Florida.

Last edited:
I've been keeping up with this story, and there's something just not on the level. I think it's important to be supportive of her family but they have to be honest, if they want to find her. I feel it's imperative to this case to be as honest as possible, even if it's unpleasant.

I feel like they have be open stated she had/has a drug problem etc. I am sure they shared more with LE. I think what is throwing them off is the son. They are adamant she would not put him in harms way. It is one thing to disappear but to disappear and abandon her son seems out of character as per them,
moo

Going down to Florida would have also cost her a lot of money. A lot of money for gas, then food for traveling (especially when you have a kid). Something HAD to have been SO important down in Florida to travel so far and spend SO MUCH money. If she WAS going down to Florida to sell something to make money then it would defeat the purpose by all the money it cost her to travel down there to begin with if that makes sense.

So I am leaning (like many of you) maybe she was going to meet someone for a date possibly? I really don't see her going for drugs. But that is MY opinion. Many people will do MANY things to meet someone online for a date.

Heck I met my husband (who I am married to now) online and NO ONE knew I was meeting him about a hour away (of course that is different than HOURS away) in a location that NO ONE knew about. I was very secretive about my life and didn't tell family many things. Seems like Leila is that way too.

Unfortunately for her it most likely turned out sour. He was NOT who she expected when she got to Florida.

Even a date seems alot, unless it was someone she was speaking to for a long time .

My guess is a job that involved her vehicle or maybe temporary relocation, I wonder how much of her stuff she took.

I want to let you guys know that I have invited some of Leila's family on here. They are so upset with some of the Facebook groups and what is being said I felt we could offer support for them here. I just heard back from her sister Gina and she thanked me. I am not sure if she will join or not but wanted everyone to know about it. I told her about Tricia, and how it's my favorite place to go. <3
One thing I’ve seen trouble family members previously is the degree of speculation that can occur, as well as the voicing of theories that diverge from their own. It may be worthwhile to explain that users will be offering hypotheses and opinions but that none are intended to disparage the victim or her family and the end goal, as always, is to bring home the missing and win justice for the dead.

Even a date seems alot, unless it was someone she was speaking to for a long time .

My guess is a job that involved her vehicle or maybe temporary relocation, I wonder how much of her stuff she took.

Oh I didn't think about that. Wonder how much stuff she took? If she didn't take anything with her then you would most likely be right. OR she was just going down there to check out an apartment or something a guy (who she had met online and HAD been talking to) to look at it. She wouldn't have taken anything just to look at an apartment that she MIGHT get. He may have been offering her a REAL good deal she couldn't pass up.

But STILL that is SO far. Unless she HAD been talking to "THIS" person (whether a guy or girl--I don't think anyone has confirmed that yet--I personally think it is a guy) for a LONG time and not only was going to get an apartment near him but also maybe liked him and wanted to meet him while she was there and was hoping for maybe a relationship with him? Only speculation though.

Or was meeting for SOME OTHER reason like you said (maybe a job). Likely possibility. But I DO think she had been talking to this person and went to meet up with them and unfortunately met up with FP.

Last edited:
Not necessarily likely, but a possible scenario? speculation, imo.
Wondering if there were any carjackings/theft of vehicles in the Hollywood area since KC was found?
In recent times in Toronto anyway, there have been a number of carjackings including ones that have children still in the car.
The perp/s upon discovering the child, puts them out of the vehicle and often continues to take off until they ditch that one and find another one to take.
In Leila's case, maybe they did the same, but held on to LC because she is a young female.
This short cctv video from Houston, shows what i mean..
''Houston police say a 10-month-old baby girl was found safe after the truck she was in was carjacked from a gas station in northeast Houston Friday morning''.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419