GUILTY TX - Belinda Temple, 30, pregnant, Katy, 11 Jan 1999 *Guilty again in 2023*

You can't hold a jury trial over zoom! DT not expected in court until Jan 2021.
This county has had one impact over another as they were still dealing with the effects of storm Harvey before the pandemic.

From the link:

Last year at the end of May, court records show there were around 27,000 active criminal cases pending in Harris County District Courts. This year, there are around 39,000.

Harris County announced plans to use NRG Arena for jury selection, but there are still questions about how it will all work.

“Number one, can it be safe? Can they conduct a safe voir dire jury selection and number two, if they can conduct it safe, are we going to get a fair cross-section, a fair sampling representative of the people of Harris County?" Thiessen said.

As for Temple, he’s set to return to court in January 2021. His defense team, lead by Stanley Schneider, has filed an appeal in the 14th Court of Appeals.

Kahan said you can’t count on Belinda’s family not giving up.

“They are going to do everything possible to seek justice for Belinda and her unborn 8-month-old daughter, Erin," Kahan said.

Heads up...unless ABC replaces, it’s advertised to show:

Texas Love Triangle
ABC 20/20
Fri, Aug 14
@8pm-10pm Central

“A look into the death of Belinda Temple and the ongoing legal battle with her estranged husband, David Temple, who is believed to have murdered her, and is once again awaiting sentencing 20 years after Belinda's death.”

Heads up...unless ABC replaces, it’s advertised to show:

Texas Love Triangle
ABC 20/20
Fri, Aug 14
@8pm-10pm Central

“A look into the death of Belinda Temple and the ongoing legal battle with her estranged husband, David Temple, who is believed to have murdered her, and is once again awaiting sentencing 20 years after Belinda's death.”
BBM

Not directed at you jeni25 but the quote...."believed to have murdered her"? He has been convicted TWICE for her murder....should have read "who has been convicted twice for her murder, and is once again awaiting sentencing 20 years after Belinda's death"...

BBM

Not directed at you jeni25 but the quote...."believed to have murdered her"? He has been convicted TWICE for her murder....should have read "who has been convicted twice for her murder, and is once again awaiting sentencing 20 years after Belinda's death"...

Excellent point @max99 . I’m thinking for that reason, the show’s description I c/p is a re-run...perhaps with an update. But, yes guilty, guilty! Thanks for the catch!

A look into the death of Belinda Temple and the ongoing legal battle with her estranged husband, David Temple, who (was convicted TWICE for her murder,) and is once again awaiting sentencing 20 years after Belinda's death.

Texas Love Triangle
ABC 20/20
Fri, Aug 14
@8pm-10pm Central

Last edited:
You can't hold a jury trial over zoom! DT not expected in court until Jan 2021.
This county has had one impact over another as they were still dealing with the effects of storm Harvey before the pandemic.

From the link:

Last year at the end of May, court records show there were around 27,000 active criminal cases pending in Harris County District Courts. This year, there are around 39,000.

Harris County announced plans to use NRG Arena for jury selection, but there are still questions about how it will all work.

“Number one, can it be safe? Can they conduct a safe voir dire jury selection and number two, if they can conduct it safe, are we going to get a fair cross-section, a fair sampling representative of the people of Harris County?" Thiessen said.

As for Temple, he’s set to return to court in January 2021. His defense team, lead by Stanley Schneider, has filed an appeal in the 14th Court of Appeals.

Kahan said you can’t count on Belinda’s family not giving up.

“They are going to do everything possible to seek justice for Belinda and her unborn 8-month-old daughter, Erin," Kahan said.
So here's my question...I can't remember how much time he already has served in jail. And doesn't that count as time already served? If he doesn't get life he could still get out soon just depending on whatever the sentence is.

And they did show the episode on 20/20...I think they said what kind of sentence some jurors were leaning towards but I don't recall the breakdown. Does anyone know?

I feel bad for her family....they never got to be around Evan.

So here's my question...I can't remember how much time he already has served in jail. And doesn't that count as time already served? If he doesn't get life he could still get out soon just depending on whatever the sentence is.

And they did show the episode on 20/20...I think they said what kind of sentence some jurors were leaning towards but I don't recall the breakdown. Does anyone know?

I feel bad for her family....they never got to be around Evan.

DT served 10 years when he was released. Two years later, the Prosecutor filed to recharge DT for the murder of his wife. Surprisingly, DT stayed out of jail awaiting his new trial on $30k bond.

The worry for sentencing is DT could be sentenced from parole to life in prison. The first note to the judge said 2 jurors would not cooperate. It was learned then that the majority of jurors wanted the maximum sentence.

Houston jurors deadlocked on sentencing of David Temple | khou.com

ETA: In Texas, the defendant gets to choose before trial whether the Judge or Jury determines his punishment (default is Judge). DT opted for the jury -- probably knowing it must be by unanimous vote.

Last edited:
RE: David Temple

The following is per Andy Kahan - Director of Victim Services and Advocacy - Crime Stoppers of Houston.

Andy has attended David Temple trials, hearings, etc. over the years.

He posted this on his Facebook page, which is a public page, on Sunday, 12/5/21.

He references tomorrow which is Monday, 12/6/21.

Andy Kahan
star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.png
Favorites · ·

I will be in court tomorrow to see if a new sentencing trial will be scheduled for 2 time convicted murderer David Temple.

Next month it will be 23 years since Belinda Lucas and her unborn child Erin were brutally murdered by David Temple.

Justice is way overdue for Belinda and her family.

Stay tuned for more updates tomorrow.
~~~~~~~~~

Andy also posted this Link with the above comment. The article is dated 11/24/21 and was in the Katy Magazine News - Katy, TX.

Convicted Katy Murderer David Temple’s Appeal Denied; A New Sentencing to be Scheduled

KATY MAGAZINE NEWS

November 24, 2021

https://www.katymagazineonline.com/...ePS6LR6gYSAK3fKFqFKhsvkm7QeWnms3tO48thikmVbmU

UPDATE -- 12/6/21:

David Temple Trial Date - Sentencing Phase

The following is an update per Andy Kahan - Director of Victim Services and Advocacy - Crime Stoppers of Houston. Andy attends all hearings!

Andy Kahan
star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.png
Favorites · 3h ·

David Temple sans a ponytail back in court today.

Judge stated she will set a trial date next week for the sentencing phase of the two time convicted murderer.

It will be 23 years January 2022 since Belinda and her unborn baby were brutally murdered by Temple.

Temple’s attorney conveyed to the court its been a tough few months for David since both his Mother and Father passed away and he was not allowed to attend their funeral.

~~~ END ~~~

Andy Kahan posted 4 pics which he took in court. If you are interested in seeing David Temple, etc., please click the Link below (Andy Kahan's name hi-lited in blue). The pics are posted with the above comment by Andy Kahan.

It is a direct Link to Andy Kahan's Facebook page!

For your info, Andy Kahan will be attending the trial for the sentencing phase with the Lucas family.

Andy provides pertinent info during the trial. I will be posting updates from Andy Kahan during the trial.

Source: Andy Kahan - Facebook
Andy Kahan

Last edited:
David Temple appears in court Monday

12/6/21

Last month, David Temple lost an appeal stemming from a mistrial declared during the punishment phase of his 2019 trial. The judge declared the mistrial after jurors informed the court they were deadlocked and could not reach a decision.

On Monday, Temple entered the courtroom with a chain link belt tethered and locked around his waist, securing his handcuffs. He was wearing an orange jumpsuit and his hair was pulled back in a ponytail, a stark difference from the buzz cut sported by the former Alief Hastings High School coach. Prosecutors said he was having an affair with a young teacher at the school, whom he married after his wife was killed.

Monday’s appearance was to decide the date for Temple’s sentencing trial but the judge announced that the person who usually handles scheduling is off on a much-needed vacation, therefore the judge will set the date sometime next week.

In the new trial, the jury will sentence Temple, who lost his appeal two weeks ago.

Jan. 11 will mark 23 years since Belinda Temple, who was eight months pregnant, was murdered in her Katy home in 1999.

Attorney for David Temple, convicted of wife's murder in Katy in 1999, asks for new trial

12/6/21

[..]

The second trial happened in 2019 and also ended in a conviction, but the jury could not agree on Temple's sentence.

Now as a new jury is set to be seated for the sentencing portion, Temple's attorney argued that he should be given an entirely new trial to determine guilt or innocence. Additionally, they requested a delay in either trial or sentencing, since Temple's parents have both died in the last few months.

[..]

"We were disappointed. We wanted a verdict. We wanted finality for the family," Prosecutor Lisa Tanner said when the jury couldn't agree on a sentence in 2019.

"The jury will hear everything again," Defense attorney Stanley Schneider said.

When asked if he expected a change of venue at the time, Schneider said, "No. If you can't get a jury in Harris County, you can't get a jury any place."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley
Back