TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes life more scary to realize that people who seem normal and even nice can be capable of committing premeditated murder.
Yes, it does, even scarier (going by Sgt. Ritchie's theory of more than one suspect) that two people teamed up.

On the bright side, they will get caught and one will turn on the other.

I have the suspicion that someone very close to Liz who was familiar with their security system/ring doorbell/neighborhood paid an acquaintance from a group (example: Star Wars cosplay group) to murder Liz. Perhaps the person who hired the gun(wo)man didn't even know the him/her that well, but had gotten the idea from social media and cosplay interactions that this person would be interested in murder-for-hire. As a result, there's no obvious connection between the two people other than they both are part of an enormous group, which makes it very difficult for LE to connect the dots.

One possibility is that the truck was taken overnight or early in the morning and used in the crime and then returned without the owner of the truck knowing that the truck was ever "borrowed." It could have been on a lot for some reason - repair or storage or for sale - and the shooter could have known that and known where the keys to the truck could be found.

Another possibility I mentioned earlier is - buying a truck from an independent seller (from a Craigslist ad for example) and being disguised when buying the truck. Then never changing the registration to the new owner but storing the truck away until the time of the murder, and returning the truck to where it was stored afterwards. A storage space or other hiding place could be used to store the truck before and after.

Creepy admirer from their group that saw Liz as the reason why she and Sergio could not be together? Someone who worshipped him from afar that no one thought was dangerous and was just mildly annoying with their affection? I don’t know. Just throwing our ideas.
JMO

We've all seen a lot of terrible crimes that either get solved or not. Suppose a spouse wants to get rid of their spouse and they get their lover to do it. All along they have been using burner phones etc during the affair, hiding their tracks, and planning carefully. The spouse gets the insurance money. If the police get evidence against the lover, then the murdering spouse can claim that the lover was a crazed, obsessed admirer and they had nothing to do with this horrible crime. After all, a spouse can just get a divorce if they've found someone else. To commit murder instead - the motivation is money and/or hatred.

And if you have plenty of others to point to who "could have" done this, then the spouse has even more chances of walking away from a crime. By the time a case goes to trial, the police have to have done a mountain of work.

They have a Ring camera, right? I'm not ruling out that it's someone close to her, (and this seems personal to me), BUT anyone could really scope out the camera situation ahead of time. I can usually even tell from the street/sidewalk if a door has a Ring on it. Just something to consider.

If it was someone tangentially known to her who wasn't in the know about their home security, it would probably be easy enough to check this out by passing their house ahead of time.

They have a Ring camera, right? I'm not ruling out that it's someone close to her, (and this seems personal to me), BUT anyone could really scope out the camera situation ahead of time. I can usually even tell from the street/sidewalk if a door has a Ring on it. Just something to consider.

If it was someone tangentially known to her who wasn't in the know about their home security, it would probably be easy enough to check this out by passing their house ahead of time.

Makes you wonder, how much of the driveway, if any, could be captured on the Ring camera, and who would know how much? (I know we don't have the answer to that, but I can see how important that question could be as far as who has knowledge of the view from the Ring camera.)

Also, the killer parked in front of someone else's house; so if that house had a camera, or didn't have one, either way that's important.

Was the garage door open or not? The killer had to get out of there before someone came to the garage sale. They come right after you put the signs out in some areas.

The other woman who was killed in her driveway a few weeks afterwards was killed at night as she came home and parked her car. It is certainly strange that this happened in the day. But it still was 15 minutes before sunrise.

Just like in Missy Bevers case, the lighting, timing, etc all seemed to work to perfection for the killers, at least so far. Still, hard to believe the truck cannot be tracked down. Jmo

One thing that bothers me is the theatrical nature of this murder. Quite showy and designed to get attention, as opposed to a multitude of other ways this could have happened. Was it intended to make it look like it was the work of someone connected to the Star Wars group?

Has is been discussed what the PRO-4X decal looked like? How big it was? Where on the truck it’s located? These are very important details as that decal is commonly seen on Nissan Frontier Trucks.
JMO
In that area - a Nissan Frontier truck is not a common sight. Four wheel drive - yes.
Ford and Chevy - yes. Perhaps Dodge with some Honda Ridgeline.

It seems to me... that it was an individual not in the family that had a personal vendetta against the victim. Otherwise, I think that someone would have talked a little by now if there were others involved. Really tho... I have no clue in this one.

It would be interesting if someone were able to "redress" her as a man on the video, and see what people think as to the manner -feminine or masculine.

Though I also think the murderer is feminine, the figures appears to use a masculine running stride when fleeing.

The instinctual feminine running strike is arms down by the hips and then crossing in and over the hips as the stride continues. Of course, for some girls / women the feminine stride is more pronounced than in others.

This person, however, seems to be using a masculine stride. Coaches instruct girls starting in youth sports to take a masculine stride because it is more efficient and allows for quicker sprints. Thus, the longer a girl participates in sports, the less likely they will retain the feminine running stride.

So, in my opinion, the murderer could be male, but it is more likely that they are female and have either participated in sports, or are naturally athletic and adopted the masculine running stride on their own accord.

I agree. I believe this is Star Wars jealousy related.

I think this could be Star Wars related, and simply that: No "romantic" jealousy, but jealousy/competitiveness related to the game. I've read many times where people get so wrapped up in these games that they lose all sense of perspective.

I remember reading on the (Devonte) Hart case where one of the mothers was extremely competitive -almost consumed by a similar online game. Another player was shocked at how much time and effort she devoted to it. (She had six "special needs" children, a home and significant other.) Wouldn't be at all surprised for someone to take things to such an extreme as killing another player.

I think this could be Star Wars related, and simply that: No "romantic" jealousy, but jealousy/competitiveness related to the game. I've read many times where people get so wrapped up in these games that they lose all sense of perspective.

I remember reading on the (Devonte) Hart case where one of the mothers was extremely competitive -almost consumed by a similar online game. Another player was shocked at how much time and effort she devoted to it. (She had six "special needs" children, a home and significant other.) Wouldn't be at all surprised for someone to take things to such an extreme as killing another player.

What "game" was EB playing though? I may have missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa