Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
If another person is involved and decides to talk are LE able to make a deal with them and not charge them for their part in things if they give evidence against the main perpetrator?

It's been done before, as distasteful as it is. Massively reduced sentences are too. Karla Homolka comes to mind considering she was not only a partner in the killings but actively engaged in finding victims for her husband.

Because of the above linked interview, we now know SM’s phone was last pinged at home. Very interesting indeed.

Also, the man in which, BM had an altercation with at a jobsite, will be helping in the search! Wow!

Question about the spotty cell coverage by the house-would a landline work just fine? I have a rarely used landline, because I like the quality of the conversation on it for certain stuff. No echo, no dropping of calls. My question is, in an area like this, would a landline be something you would keep just so you had an option when your cell service was lousy and you wanted to make a certain call, or your security cameras operated better using it as the connection? If a landline had no better service than cell, I would understand removing a landline. But I don’t think I would remove it if it was better, and money wasn’t tight.

I had wondered about a landline, I was thinking back to the reverse 911 calls about the video/camera footage, imagine BM hearing that on his landline........ squeaky bum time maybe? o_O:)

<modsnip>

1. John Schmitz says Barry displayed a wide range of emotions, from anger to crying, the day he saw him on the job site they were working on in Indiana. He showed up 3 days early for the job, and he was throwing a hissy fit.

2. They have 300 volunteers so far.

3. Andy doesn't care about money, but appreciates the Go Fund Me. Texas Eqquasearch has been
    asked to come help.

4. Andy wanted to see where the bike was found immediately, the day he landed in Colorado.

5. The house was locked down for 7 days, and they would not let anyone near it.

6. In the next few days, Lauren Scharf will do a new interview with one of Barry's employees.
    (Unknown who it will be.)

7. After they moved to Colorado, the land-line was disconnected all of a sudden. Cell coverage was
    spotty, as was Wifi. When Andy could get through and leave a message, he wouldn't hear back
    for days. Barry is "throwing rocks" at the Moorman's for not communicating, but that is not the
    truth. Barry never called back and it's "bull malarkey" that the Moorman's were not in touch.

8. Dogs were used in the valley and around the house. They did not pick up Suzanne's scent, or
    anyone's scent, for that matter.

9. Andy has second hand information that a divorce was about to happen.

10. Suzanne was supposed to go to her best friend's son's wedding, but did not get to attend bc of
    Covid.

11. Communication ceased around 2:30 pm, after they had been chatting about wedding stuff
    (tuxes, flowers, etc). Later that night, "Suzanne" friended a bunch of people on Facebook. She
    friended a bunch of people back in Indiana. Andy believes someone else was manipulating her
    Facebook that evening (around midnight).

12. Barry told Andy he got back to Maysfield around 6:30 or 7. Then later, he said he got back at
    9pm. These inconsistencies trouble him.

13. Barry told Andy he had a fireman's meeting, but Andy could never confirm that.

14. Barry drives an F250. M drives Suzanne's older Land Rover. Suzanne had a new Land
    Rover. The 2 cars Land Rover's were there, so it was weird Barry didn't ask the neighbor if
    Suzanne's car was there. He only asked about the bike.

15. His story changed about going to build a wall in Denver. Barry did not take his tools with him.

16. Suzanne's phone last pinged at the house (pertaining to LE.) It is missing. She always rode
    with when she did ride her bike.

17. No evidence of a struggle.

18. Barry told Andy he'd given 25 hours of testimony. He refused the lie detector on day 4.

19. He cannot sell the house for 7 years, or until Suzanne is found or found deceased.

20. Barry and Macy are living in a condo in Pueblo.

21. Suzanne had recently received an inheritance. (500,000 USD). She invested that into the
    Colorado home.

22. Barry is driven by work and money (per Andy).

23. Barry used to brow-beat Suzanne. He was anti-drug. He didn't allow Suzanne to try marijuana
    when she was sick with cancer, and berated her for taking anti-depressants when she had a
    mental episode a few years back. She suffered from deaths in her family and illness, and Barry
    brow- beated her over needing or wanting medication for that.

24. Barry has a defense lawyer, and so do the girls.

25. Andy thinks one of the girls witnessed marital strife, and he is very worried for her well-being.

<modsnip>

1. John Schmitz says Barry displayed a wide range of emotions, from anger to crying, the day he saw him on the job site they were working on in Indiana. He showed up 3 days early for the job, and he was throwing a hissy fit.

3. Andy doesn't care about money, but appreciates the Go Fund Me. Texas Eqquasearch has been
    asked to come help.

4. Andy wanted to see where the bike was found immediately, the day he landed in Colorado.

6. In the next few days, Lauren Scharf will do a new interview with one of Barry's employees.

7. After they moved to Colorado, the land-line was disconnected all of a sudden. Cell coverage was
    spotty, as was Wifi. When Andy could get through and leave a message, he wouldn't hear back
    for days. Barry is "throwing rocks" at the Moorman's for not communicating, but that is not the
    truth. Barry never called back and it's "bull malarkey" that the Moorman's were not in touch.

8. Dogs were used in the valley and around the house. They did not pick up Suzanne's scent, or

10. Suzanne was supposed to go to her best friend's son's wedding, but did not get to attend bc of
    Covid.

11. Communication ceased around 2:30 pm, after they had been chatting about wedding stuff
    (tuxes, flowers, etc). Later that night, "Suzanne" friended a bunch of people on Facebook. She
    friended a bunch of people back in Indiana. Andy believes someone else was manipulating her

12. Barry told Andy he got back to Maysfield around 6:30 or 7. Then later, he said he got back at

13. Barry told Andy he had a fireman's meeting, but Andy could never confirm that.

14. Barry drives an F250. Macy drives Suzanne's older Land Rover. Suzanne had a new Land
    Rover. The 2 cars Land Rover's were there, so it was weird Barry didn't ask the neighbor if

15. His story changed about going to build a wall in Denver. Barry did not take his tools with him.

16. Suzanne's phone last pinged at the house (pertaining to LE.) It is missing. She always rode

18. Barry told Andy he'd given 25 hours of testimony. He refused the lie detector on day 4.

19. He cannot sell the house for 7 years, or until Suzanne is found or found deceased.

21. Suzanne had recently received an inheritance. (500,000 USD). She invested that into the
    Colorado home.

23. Barry used to brow-beat Suzanne. He was anti-drug. He didn't allow Suzanne to try marijuana
    when she was sick with cancer, and berated her for taking anti-depressants when she had a
    mental episode a few years back. She suffered from deaths in her family and illness, and Barry

25. Andy thinks one of the girls witnessed marital strife, and he is very worried for her well-being.
WOW! You are on top of it! Thank you so much!
I’ve got grandkids coming, so I will have to pop in and out today!

So, basically, I’m gonna need y’all to just hold off on any discussion until this evening. Too much to ask?? LOL
Kidding!

From the YT Indie News. This is AM speaking:

...then later that night oddly enough
54:16
my sister friended a whole bunch of
54:18
people on facebook
54:19
that are my age that i went to school
54:21
with that was completely
54:25
strange or different from what she
54:27
normally would do
54:29
so i honestly believe somebody else was
54:31
manipulating her facebook on saturday
54:33
night

From the YT Indie News. This is AM speaking:

...then later that night oddly enough
54:16
my sister friended a whole bunch of
54:18
people on facebook
54:19
that are my age that i went to school
54:21
with that was completely
54:25
strange or different from what she
54:27
normally would do
54:29
so i honestly believe somebody else was
54:31
manipulating her facebook on saturday
54:33
night

I cannot think of a single reason, someone pretending to be SM, would go on her profile and send friend requests to folks in Indiana, that her brother went to school with. And... to do this a good 10-12 hours after her chat with her friend just abruptly ended, without any explanation.

Anyone have any ideas why this would be done?

Speaking of that, it's worth going back and watching that 26-second video with the audio muted.

When I focused on just the visual display, what I immediately noticed was that BM's facial expression did not alter whatsoever…and by that I mean, not even a flicker.

As you noted, his forehead is heavily furrowed, and watching his face, the lines/wrinkles in his forehead remained completely frozen throughout.

There was 0 facial movement.

That struck me as highly unusual.
When people are genuinely emotional, they tend to be highly animated.
To me, this indicates that BM was aware of and consciously controlling his facial expressions.

Keeping the mask firmly in place.

JMO.

That's exactly what I thought. Perhaps not "evidence of deception" but certainly evidence of a controlled camera session. I believe strongly that BM practiced and used more than one attempt, then edited (slightly) the video (that kind of editing that takes off part of the beginning of the mp4 file).

I agree that his face was mask-like, in the manner we see when someone is over-directing a scene in a movie and the actor is asked to freeze their face to get the dramatic effect the director is seeking.

I cannot think of a single reason, someone pretending to be SM, would go on her profile and send friend requests to folks in Indiana, that her brother went to school with. And... to do this a good 10 hours after her chat with her friend just abruptly ended, without any explanation.

Anyone have any ideas why this would be done?
Because someone (cough cough) wanted them to belive that she was still alive.

<modsnip>

asked to come help.

Covid.

14. Barry drives an F250. M drives Suzanne's older Land Rover. Suzanne had a new Land

Colorado home.

Thank you for this!

the idea that he wouldn’t “allow” her to try medical marijuana makes me almost more angry than all the rest of it. I’m sure she was too weak and sick to push back. But I’ve also had the impression for quite awhile that theirs was a patriarchal household and those CAN go awry if the husband interprets his role as controller rather than protector or guide. In those situations the woman often finds herself without agency IMO. I have no doubt this is a snapshot of their entire life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member