Found Deceased AL - Natalie Jones, 27, Opelika, 5 July 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
About a year ago, a young man (Tom Kelsey) from my area vanished in his large, newish red truck equipped with ONSTAR. He'd met friends for drinks and music at a popular venue on the beach. Lots of speculation about someone kidnapping him, hiding the truck inside a concrete building, why did we not get an ONSTAR signal while there was a last ping in some odd location near two major parkways, etc? A friend of his, after several group searches over the course of a week or two, finally located that big red truck. The entire front end, as well as the ONSTAR, was submerged in mud. Tom apparently missed the sharp turning entrance ramp and rode right off into some thick brush, mud and water, where he was killed instantly.
I think of this sad case everytime I read about Natalie, always hoping for some other "magical" outcome.

480x270_127898.jpg

Where is Mommy? Young mom Natalie Jones missing in hot pink Chevy after party.

For some reason my phone won’t post the link correctly, but NG interviews NJ’s sister. Pretty informative if you can stand listening.

ETA: it was yesterday’s podcast!

To Note
•LE developed a list of persons of interest in the disappearance of 27-year-old Natalie Jones.
•One name on that list belongs to a former boyfriend, Jonathan Lawrence, who is accused of hiring a hitman to kill a Troup County deputy.
•investigators say he was out on bond and wearing an ankle monitor around that time
•We got a hold of the people in charge of his ankle monitor to check to see where he was during Natalie Jones’ disappearance," said Lt. Dan Boswell of the Heard County Sheriff's Office. "It didn’t show he was anywhere near the area she had been located at.”
•He is a POI, not a suspect they stated

They have followed up on hundreds of leads since Jones disappeared while driving back to her home from a July 4th celebration. Some of those leads coming from as far away as California.

Missing woman linked to jail inmate accused of hiring hit man to kill deputy

I’m not entirely understanding this statement from LE.
“We got a hold of the people in charge of his ankle monitor to check to see where he was during Natalie Jones’ disappearance," said Lt. Dan Boswell of the Heard County Sheriff's Office. "It didn’t show he was anywhere near the area she had been located at.

Located at?

Missing woman linked to jail inmate accused of hiring hit man to kill deputy

I’m not entirely understanding this statement from LE.
“We got a hold of the people in charge of his ankle monitor to check to see where he was during Natalie Jones’ disappearance," said Lt. Dan Boswell of the Heard County Sheriff's Office. "It didn’t show he was anywhere near the area she had been located at.

Located at?
Yea, I’m not sure about that either. Maybe they meant where the phone last pinged at? :confused:

Ga. Mom Hasn't Been Seen Since Leaving July 4 Party: 'This Is Killing Me,' Her Mother Says

Sept 8 article

Natalie’s disappearance has baffled LE.
Although Jones had texted her friend that she’d “made it,” Boswell pointed out that “she didn’t say where she made it [to]. She just said, ‘I made it. Thanks.’ There were no further communications after that other than her receiving texts.”

Her phone last pinged on a cell tower at 5:15 a.m. on July 5 in Heard County – “in the opposite end of the county from her home,” he said.

On the night Jones vanished, she’d also been communicating with someone on social media and on apps, Boswell told the Times-Herald.

The sheriff's office and GBI did not immediately return PEOPLE's calls for comment.

Her family is offering a $10,000 reward for information on her whereabouts.

Thanks for the article link, Jethro. As it is only a 20-25 minute drive from Jackson’s Gap, I don’t think it’s too far fetched to wonder if it’s Natalie. However, didn’t her phone ping near hear hometown the last time she texted? Unless someone else had her phone and planted that text...

Thanks for the article link, Jethro. As it is only a 20-25 minute drive from Jackson’s Gap, I don’t think it’s too far fetched to wonder if it’s Natalie. However, didn’t her phone ping near hck. ear hometown the last time she texted? Unless someone else had her phone and planted that text...
That is the angle I am looking at. Based on the times given there was over 3 hours between the time she supposedly left Jackson's Gap and the last time her phone was in contact with the cell tower and it doesn't take that long to drive to her home from there. I know I have a post about that a few pages back. It would be helpful if law enforcement would say anything about this case - especially some part of a verified timeline.

That is the angle I am looking at. Based on the times given there was over 3 hours between the time she supposedly left Jackson's Gap and the last time her phone was in contact with the cell tower and it doesn't take that long to drive to her home from there. I know I have a post about that a few pages back. It would be helpful if law enforcement would say anything about this case - especially some part of a verified timeline.

I agree, Jethro. More information would be helpful. So, even from Ray, AL to Corinth, GA the driving times(3 likely routes) vary from 1 hr 37 mins to 1 hr 57 mins, assuming one is driving the posted speed limit on those roads. If we speculate that someone went with, or took, Natalie from Jackson’s Gap to Ray, then drove toward Corinth for her phone to ping in her home county in GA, that would account for somewhere around 2hrs to 2 hrs 25-30 minutes, again is speed limit was heeded. That could leave an adequate amount of time for something sketchy to happen if the phone ping was over 3 hours between Jackson’s Gap and her arriving near home. My opinion only, of course, and I would rather be in error.

Edited for clarity.

I’ll admit that I haven’t checked the time from the party to where she sent text “here”. I just assumed since LE stated the time she sent the text and the drive time it should take matched. I guess that’s what I get for assuming.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkte
Back