Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect he was asking for advice. Maybe whatever happened was further advanced that he anticipated. As in death wasn’t his original intent, and if so, where to stash the remains?

RBBM

This makes sense.

I'm thinking JS assumed an Amish woman would be compliant, and give into his demands.

Personally, I hope LS gave him a few cuts and bruises.

JMVHO.

Finally remembered where that abandoned campground is. Hill road off of Rt 10, right where "all seasons drives" branches off. Near Honeybrook.

Wonder if his cell phone pinged in that area? 340 takes you right from Bird in Hand to 10. It's not very far.

It could not be determined what, and if anything had been found based on the warrants, it states. I hope the LE have something here, I hope they can get an extension on sealing the warrant. Its good too hear that they have more than we imagined, Just dont release too much information publicly I hope. Get Linda back to her family, and community is the objective. Then let Smoker be held accountable, Im still hoping the best for Linda and her family!

BBM
Why hope for an extension of the sealing? Why is that valuable at this point?

BBM
Why hope for an extension of the sealing? Why is that valuable at this point?
Generally speaking, warrants are sealed if LE is not sure a perp acted alone.
It eliminates other individuals that may possibly involved in a crime that haven't been implicated from getting a jump on LE, as to when and where a search may occur, giving him/her the chance to move or destroy evidence in advance of LE searching.
So for example, if JS sent his brother messages and text, LE may know more that his brother thinks they know and by keeping warrants sealed, that will keep him in the dark.

It's been so long I keep hoping that any day now she will be found. I can't imagine what her family is going through not knowing where she could be I just wish for once a murderer would do the right thing and lead police to the body. At this point they know she's gone and he should know that he is not getting away with this horrible crime he needs to do the right thing and let her family have that peace.

It's been so long I keep hoping that any day now she will be found. I can't imagine what her family is going through not knowing where she could be I just wish for once a murderer would do the right thing and lead police to the body. At this point they know she's gone and he should know that he is not getting away with this horrible crime he needs to do the right thing and let her family have that peace.
I agree 100% that he should tell where she is.
Unfortunately, I don't think he will.
I am glad LE is keeping things sealed --maybe his brother does know more and LE knows this.
They both need to come clean but I don't see that happening.
I pray she is found soon and then LE can nail JS to the wall.

One slight advantage we may have in the near future is that a hard frost will kill off the thick vegetation and allow much deeper access and visibility into wooded areas.

Yes. Hoping the weather complies with our wishes!

I'm very curious as to exactly where all of the texts to JS' brother originated.

Was JS driving in circles?

JMVHO.

Last edited:
Agreed 100% however I would also imagine he's being advised by his attorney to not say anything. Regardless of how we might feel about that, it's what a good lawyer does for their client. Say nothing and let me handle it.

It's also possible discussions are - or were - going on behind the scenes to negotiate a plea deal whereby if he tells them where she is and pleads guilty, it could be for a lesser charge. PA is a capital punishment state and while the Governor issued a moratorium on executions, capital cases are still being prosecuted and death sentences are still being issued. So if this one is the likely scenario of kidnap --> SA --> murder --> dispose of body then his attorney could be trying to negotiate a deal that would be less punishment than death or life w/o parole.

Of course, if LE finds her first then that goes off the table. All hypothetical imo's. But yeah, everyone knows he did it and he's going to prison for a long time. It's going to be even longer once they find her and his attorney is fully aware of this.

If there is any evidence that LS communicated with his brother, I expect that LE is taking a very hard look at that. I hope Linda is found soon for the sake of her family, and so that any plea deal for JS is off the table. While protecting a client and making the best deal possible is JS's attorneys job, dragging this out is not in his clients best interest as the jury may see letting nature ravage her remains as calloused and indifferent.

Finally remembered where that abandoned campground is. Hill road off of Rt 10, right where "all seasons drives" branches off. Near Honeybrook.

Wonder if his cell phone pinged in that area? 340 takes you right from Bird in Hand to 10. It's not very far.
Using Google earth from the site of her kidnapping we determined it would take about 20 minutes at 50-55mph to reach the abandoned campground (at least the area it appeared to be based upon your directions and Google earth landmarks. He may have killed her and buried her here. This area is in the middle of nowhere in an already rural area and heavily wooded. It would be an ideal place to commit such an atrocity. I'm assuming sexual assault since they found intimate articles of clothing removed. So he may have taken the clothing from the campground and then from there he should have traveled West back towards Bird in hand. On Harvest road we found the location on Google search of the address where her clothing was found but it appears to be nothing more than a barn. However if there is a misalignment on the exact location there is a site very close by, maybe 300 yards, that sits infront of a row of train tracks and a large field of corn. The business appears to be Amish owned. The Amish do not conduct business on Sundays and she was abducted on a Sunday. He could have walked the railroad tracks and buried her clothing behind the business. She was last seen at 12:40 pm and the last time his vehicle was reported was roughly 2:30-3:30 pm. That would give him anywhere from 1 hour and 50 minutes to 2 hours and 50 minutes to abduct LS, take her to the campground, commit the crime, drive back towards bird in hand, walk the traintracks and bury the clothing before fleeing. I may have missed some parts of this story though so if I did please let me know. I think that the abandoned campground could very well be the place her poor body may be buried if she was indeed murdered. Doubling back could throw police off his tracks. Leaving her clothing in the opposite direction could draw police away from the actual scene of the crime.

Also if we did the math correctly it should be 20 minutes from site of abduction to the abandoned campground, roughly 15 minutes to sexually assault her and 5 minutes to kill her and removed her undegarments. In June in the woods it should be fairly damp and if she were buried in a shallow grave, roughly 2 feet about 45 minutes to bury her. From there it takes about 15 minutes to drive back to the business and 10-15 to park and walk behind the building and bury the clothing in 6-8 inches and flee. That adds up to 1 hour 50 minutes, the exact minimum time that his car was seen. The Amish would unlikely have any video surveillance since they do not use electricity and being closed on Sunday there would be no witnesses. He could have very well pulled into the parking lot rather than walk the tracks. His home appears to be roughly 2 miles away from the site her clothing was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes