Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they dig up an elk carcass I’m going to have a BM worthy temper tantrum! It sounds pretty definite that veteran cadaver dogs have demonstrated multiple non passive hits using different dogs at this location two days in a row. They would not mix up the scent of human body decomposition with an animal due to their experience and training. Correct? This has got to be Suzanne. Unless BM has done something very sneaky to throw off LE and searchers. But I don’t think any other scent would fool the dogs.

Perhaps the Longhorn Ranch subdivision also has a diurnal raccoon problem.

NEW: The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office just reported that "contrary to some media reports, there have been no remains found in the #SuzanneMorphew case."

There have, however, been a "handful of potential leads," the sheriff's office said. So far, nothing connected to the case.

The sheriff's office added that investigators will not comment on the specifics of these leads since this is an open investigation. #SuzanneMorphew
https://twitter.com/stephaniebutzer/status/1310682373462212608?s=21
What does it mean "nothing connected to the case" re: leads
I hope it means that LE doesn't want rumors flying around.

As per the Chaffee County SE FB page:

“Chaffee County Sheriff's Office
September 28, 2020

Contrary to some media reports, there have been no remains found in the Suzanne Morphew case. There have been a handful of potential leads that have been pursued as a result of the volunteer search; however, nothing has been identified as related to Suzanne’s disappearance. Investigators will not comment on specific leads being investigated or other information connected with this case.

Sheriff John Spezze”
I wish there was a reporter there who could verify that the FBI has taken over the search and are about to dig up the remains. That property BM recently bought is not far from the road and there are barely any trees there. It would be hard to miss any police activity there, or at the beach site.

It's pretty clear that LE is still protecting the investigation by keeping information close to the vest. The only way to verify if the FBI has taken over is probably by seeing them in action. Now that MSM has started reporting, maybe reporters are heading there now.

Yah, I realize that. I was being facetious. Why are they even there though if they aren’t getting a SW? Did BM request LE protect his property from searchers?
I think they’re probably waiting on a warrant.

If BM requested they guard his property, they’d tell him to pound sand.

God I hope not, but if that was the intent then it hopefully will be explained today. Because I’ve legit had it with the teasers.

my only concern here is that who had permission to be on Bm’s property when they discovered the dog hits? Granted, the fourth amendment only applies to government entities, requiring them to have a search warrant. However, I am concerned about a possible “fruit of the poisonous tree” evidentiary defense here. I’m a lawyer but not sure how a private citizen trespassing on land then could effect a later obtained legitimate government search warrant. Hmm.
Its on PE day #4

NEW: The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office just reported that "contrary to some media reports, there have been no remains found in the #SuzanneMorphew case."

There have, however, been a "handful of potential leads," the sheriff's office said. So far, nothing connected to the case.

The sheriff's office added that investigators will not comment on the specifics of these leads since this is an open investigation. #SuzanneMorphew
https://twitter.com/stephaniebutzer/status/1310682373462212608?s=21

This announcement really is what's to be expected at this stage in the proceedings.
Every word of that announcement by the CCSO is factually correct.

People need to take a breath.

The CCSO can hardly come out now and say, "We're working on securing warrants for BM's property because we have evidence to suggest that SM may be buried on the premises." That would not be okay.

There are legal ramifications to everything LE says right now.

A defense attorney would have a veritable field day if LE gave him/her any opportunity to play the "rush to judgment" card.

LE's being circumspect.
They're choosing their words to the public carefully, and with very good reason.

Focus on the "handful of potential leads" and the "following up on" bits.
The public needs to read between the lines, because LE can't spell it out in black and white yet.

I've said it 1,000 times, at least:
Don't listen to what LE says.
Watch what they do.

Their actions are going to tell us what we need to know.

I don't see any indication of LE having "bruised egos," either.

I think LE's actually probably feeling pretty good right about now.

JMO.

Last edited:
Bearing in mind the Daily Mail is known for their inaccuracies, I noticed their article stated the plot of land they’re referencing is NEAR Poncha Springs. They don’t mention Salida.

Does anyone know how far away the Longhorn development is from Poncha Springs?

Are we certain the Longhorn plot is the same plot of land being mentioned in the DM article? Especially considering the Longhorn plot has a Salida, CO address.

Additionally, the plot pics the DM article shows that are seemingly of the land that the dogs got the hit on, look different to me than the plot of land at the Longhorn subdivision.

<modsnip: Random youtube videos are not allowed>

IMO I am not convinced we know yet the exact location of the place the dogs got the “hit” based on this observation.

I agree with @MassGuy that we need reporters on the ground and in the air to confirm the location. Or even some locals to chime in and confirm the location based on activity.

FBI called as scent of human remains discovered on land owned by Suzanne Morphew's husband | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s a HUGE pile of dirt. Is that too much to be from digging a well out? What is all that dirt for and where did it come from?

Why in the world would someone buy land to live across the street from the gravel yard, and near the end of the local airport?

What am I missing? Was this just land to grow trees and whatnot for his business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member