Found Deceased AL - Natalie Jones, 27, Opelika, 5 July 2020

Wonder how they found the car? Phone records perhaps ? jmo
From the link posted a few posts back to the Heard Citizen newspaper FB report

BREAKING NEWS: Unfortunately, we can now confirm that the vehicle of missing 27-year-old Natalie Jones has been discovered this afternoon in a wooded area near the intersection of Roosterville Road and Welcome Road in northern Heard County. Authorities have confirmed that the remains of a female were located inside the vehicle but a positive identification will not be possible until an autopsy is performed. The vehicle and remains were located by a local resident that was doing some bush hogging work in the area late this afternoon. Jones, a Heard County mother of two, has been missing since July 5. Stay tuned to HeardCitizen.com for further details as they become available...​

The link I posted earlier, from The Heard Citizen on Facebook, tells how the vehicle was found:

The Heard Citizen

"...The vehicle and remains were located by a local resident that was doing some bush hogging work in the area late this afternoon..."
I'm sure this is devastating for Natalie's family, but I'm glad that she can return to her family.

The link I posted earlier, from The Heard Citizen on Facebook, tells how the vehicle was found:

The Heard Citizen

"...The vehicle and remains were located by a local resident that was doing some bush hogging work in the area late this afternoon..."
I'm sure this is devastating for Natalie's family, but I'm glad that she can return to her family.
I just heard she was found and coming to check for any updates. I agree, I’m so sad for her family, but at least they found her and can bring her home.

Natalie Jones body found near Franklin, Georgia, family says | 11alive.com

Additional link #2
1 hr ago

On Tuesday, authorities confirmed that they found the car belonging to Natalie Jones near Franklin, Georgia. Family says a body found inside is hers.

At this time, the GBI said it cannot positively identify the remains found inside the car, though Jones' family told 11Alive's Joe Henke that they were hers. An autopsy will need to be conducted in order to confirm that, officials said.

Body found inside car belonging to Heard County mother who disappeared in July

BREAKING: Body likely of missing mom Natalie Jones found in wooded area

According to officials, a body was found inside a hot pink Chevrolet on a property in a wooded area in Franklin, Georgia, close to Roosterville Road and Welcome Road. Jones was last seen driving a distinct four-door, Chevrolet Cavalier, that she had painted a bright pink color with a blue stripe. It has a Georgia license plate number of RVE6177.

Adventures with Purpose,” an organization that specializes in water recovery while travelings cross-country to help find missing people, was on the scene when police arrived. Jones’ sister confirmed live with the organization that the body was of her sister. An official identification by a coroner, however, still needs to be made.

Family: Body of missing Georgia mom Natalie Jones found inside car

To Note:
•Natalie Jones' bright pink 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier was found on Roosterville Rd and Welcome Rd in Roopville, GA Tue afternoon.
Neighbors say the area is easy to spot if you're driving by and the vehicle wasn't there the day before.
•Officials confirmed that a body was found inside the car, but say it has not been identified
•However, Jones's mother said that the body was her daughter's. LE delivered the news to her earlier that afternoon.

•A search and rescue team specializing in water operations and missing person cases came to Georgia yesterday. While searching a few local ponds, they say they got word the Cavalier had been found.

"This is a very small town," Samuel Ginn with Adventures with Purpose said. "I'm not sure if us being here is a coincidence or the fact that us being here stirred up some emotion in somebody and they just dumped it."

It seems most people around here (I'm local) think that the car was just planted there yesterday - but I'm leaning towards it's been there the entire time. I think that if it was hidden behind that tree line, it wouldn't have been seen by passing cars because the foliage would have been quite thick. Now that the leaves are starting to fall, you can probably see through those woods a little better.

I think that the toxicology report will be key here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back