Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think BM was disappointed that Suzanne survived her last bout of cancer. He'd already become the merry widower in his mind. I think he also had a financial house of cards was could have been dependent on Suzanne not surviving, imo.
bbm
ITA.

Esp. if BM had a hefty life insurance policy on Suzanne which she may not have known about ?
If BM made the premium rate payments on time himself, she may have had no idea.
Imo.

Harold Henthorn had a policy not only on the wife he killed but Toni's friend as well ! (Dateline episode.)

I don't know. Barry's probably over the acute shock of Suzanne's loss, but is he thinking clearly & able to strategize? I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in some state of depression.

I'm of two minds as to whether he should hire a spokesman. Part of me says that he should. That way, people will be unable to state that they suspect Barry for not speaking out publicly. OTOH, all that the internet will do is criticize Barry for hiring a spokesman & probably accuse him of using money from the guardianship estate to pay the spokesman.

If Barry asked me, I'd advise him to leave Colorado & always take the 5th whenever he's asked about Suzanne's disappearance.

I wonder if BM is on medication, which could explain the lack of emotion he seems to display. I certainly would understand if that were the case. It’s possible that he does not take these or any medications normally and he could be be reacting badly.
I had the experience thru my sister, observing how an undiagnosed bipolar person reacts when taking anti depression meds, without mood stabilizing meds. It isn’t pretty!
I’m no expert, hopefully some of the professionals can rebut this.
MOO

I would not get my hopes up to high. Even in this interview, BM was still classic BM. If he believes SM is alive and being held captive and presumably tortured somewhere, why hasnt he made it a priority to work with LE to clear himself... I mean they aren't looking in any other direction and they wont until his cleared so why is he intentionally holding up the investigation? .... And a follow up, why didnt he take this opportunity to express his concerns that LE isnt looking at the right person? I mean if someone out there broke into my home and kidnapped my spouse, I would want that person behind bars..... but classic BM... not concerned about how the investigation is going ... at all
Barry wasn't even aware that there wasn't a missing person poster of SM on the bulletin board at the sheriff's office until LS pointed it out to him. Why? 1. because he hasn't bothered to visit the Sheriff's office (note the lack of concern and urgency ie he knows she isn't being held captive) and 2) because LE knows that she hasn't been abducted IMO

Last edited:
I believe that 4:00 am is an unsubstantiated claim by AM.......no phone records have been publicly cited for anything except the initial 911 call. IMO
AM told Dr. Phill he, BM, was rambling down the road texting at 4:00 am.
MG told LS she thought she heard his truck outside her apt at 4:00 AM, then received a phone call, no time given.

And selling the house while she is still alive?! If she was released, escaped or rescued wouldn’t BM want his wife to have her home and familiar surroundings to come back to? :confused:
Yes, one would think so. I know that if god forbid my spouse were missing, the last thing on my mind would be selling the Family home. But hey, that’s me. Meanwhile, BM claims to be selling their home because the Daughters are afraid to live there since SM was abducted, the implication being that she was abducted from the home?? Makes absolutely no sense- I thought she was abducted while out on a solo bike ride??? So which is it BM? (insert eye roll)

Every time he speaks he does himself no favors, and to me it’s quite apparent he’s having trouble keeping up with the lies. Sketchy. He can’t remember/keep them all straight- “Oh what a tangled web we weave.....“

Nothing to remember if you’re telling the truth, and the truth doesn’t change.

I’m sure LE is taking note of all these inconsistencies and I have faith that some day we will learn the truth about what happened to SM.

Sadly, I fear the truth may be more shocking than anyone imagined.

All of the above is JMVHO.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Appreciate I'm in the UK and processes will differ. However, I was a witness in a murder investigation here and my experience was that LE know what they are doing in terms of what is divulged and what isnt.

For instance, they couldnt tell me if the suspect had visited the victim the night she died or not.

But they did tell me that he didnt seem to care less about the fact she was dead.

Subtle difference.
Yeah, they always hold things back. What they share varies widely, depending upon the agency and the specifics of a particular crime.

In this case, I believe it would be prudent to share certain information, as it may change someone’s mindset.

Andy said that he initially wrote off BM’s strange behavior, and made excuses for it. So being told that BM refused a polygraph and lied about his movements, may jog his memory in regards to other things he may have noticed.

He wanted to give Barry the benefit of the doubt, but couldn’t do that any longer after he learned those things.

Appreciate I'm in the UK and processes will differ. However, I was a witness in a murder investigation here and my experience was that LE know what they are doing in terms of what is divulged and what isnt.

For instance, they couldnt tell me if the suspect had visited the victim the night she died or not.

But they did tell me that he didnt seem to care less about the fact she was dead.

Subtle difference.

I expect that there are techniques used by LE to encourage witness participation.

AM said that he was reluctant to consider BM as a suspect because he told him that he passed a lie detector. LE corrected that misconception. They also told him that BM's truck data did not match his story. As a result, AM was clued in and recognized items of his knowledge as troublesome. He could see things in a different light. He
became the advocate for Suzanne that was lacking.

I'm guessing that LE will often share information, without which, the witness would dismiss what they knew, as irrelevant. I haven't got a problem with that.
Moo

Yeah, they always hold things back. What they share varies widely, depending upon the agency and the specifics of a particular crime.

In this case, I believe it would be prudent to share certain information, as it may change someone’s mindset.

Andy said that he initially wrote off BM’s strange behavior, and made excuses for it. So being told that BM refused a polygraph and lied about his movements, may jog his memory in regards to other things he may have noticed.

He wanted to give Barry the benefit of the doubt, but couldn’t do that any longer after he learned those things.
Jinx

I don't know. Barry's probably over the acute shock of Suzanne's loss, but is he thinking clearly & able to strategize? I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in some state of depression.

I'm of two minds as to whether he should hire a spokesman. Part of me says that he should. That way, people will be unable to state that they suspect Barry for not speaking out publicly. OTOH, all that the internet will do is criticize Barry for hiring a spokesman & probably accuse him of using money from the guardianship estate to pay the spokesman.

If Barry asked me, I'd advise him to leave Colorado & always take the 5th whenever he's asked about Suzanne's disappearance.
DBM- duplicate

Title insurance is only needed if a mortgage is taken out on the property; if there's a cash buyer, then that hurdle doesn't exist, though there might be other hurdles to overcome.

IMO
With all due respect, this transaction is precisely why a buyer would want an owner's policy of title insurance, lest there be future claims of an interest in the property that occurred prior to their ownership. If you are spending $1.8MM for a house, title insurance is one of the smartest things you can do to protect your investment in the event such a claim should arise during your ownership of the property. Custom and practice vary from state to state; in some states the seller buys the new owner an owners policy of title insurance and in others the buyer purchases their own.

JMO

Last edited:
I think the house will not have good memories for anyone even Suzanne in the unlikely event she surfaces.
bbm
Agreed, unlikely indeed !

Sadly I am certain Suzanne will not be returning based on her husband's actions; which seem to indicate he knows she will not come back, nor will she be contesting the seizing of her assets and the sale of her home.
Even now after all of this time I'd like to see Suzanne safely returned to her girls and the Moorman family.
Imo.

I wonder if BM is on medication, which could explain the lack of emotion he seems to display. I certainly would understand if that were the case. It’s possible that he does not take these or any medications normally and he could be be reacting badly.
I had the experience thru my sister, observing how an undiagnosed bipolar person reacts when taking anti depression meds, without mood stabilizing meds. It isn’t pretty!
I’m no expert, hopefully some of the professionals can rebut this.
MOO
He should have been on medication before he either:

1. Lost his temper and killed his wife in a fit of rage.

Or

2. Contemplated killing his wife and sought help for having his evil thoughts.

JMO

I expect that there are techniques used by LE to encourage witness participation.

AM said that he was reluctant to consider BM as a suspect because he told him that he passed a lie detector. LE corrected that misconception. They also told him that BM's truck data did not match his story. As a result, AM was clued in and recognized items of his knowledge as troublesome. He could see things in a different light. He
became the advocate for Suzanne that was lacking.

I'm guessing that LE will often share information, without which, the witness would dismiss what they knew, as irrelevant. I haven't got a problem with that.
Moo

I believe that AM has come by some of his info courtesy of LE, but I'm sure he's heard plenty from other reliable sources close to SM as well, e.g., close friends, other relatives, etc.

Not for one second do I believe that LE has shared a single thing with AM that would jeopardize their investigation.

If BM refused a polygraph, then he obviously already knows that himself.

Likewise, if BM provided a version of his movements that doesn't align with the movements of his vehicle, then LE has no doubt already pressed him on that point.

In fact, we know BM already knew his timeline was *advertiser censored*-a-doodle-doodoo, because he brought it up in one of his interviews with Lauren.

Basically, I think LE made a decision to share with SM's family only as much as they needed to know in order to sense which way the evidentiary wind was blowing.

It sounds like they managed to convey to her family that BM was being less than cooperative without disclosing to family members any specific evidence they've gathered.

Some of her family may have been harboring a false sense of loyalty to BM because of the fact that he's SM's spouse, and he was feeding them a bunch of malarkey about how he was being completely cooperative and doing everything LE asked of him, "I've answered every question," claiming he'd taken a poly, blah, blah, blah...

I respect the move by LE to set the record straight with SM's family, because it gave them the heads-up that BM was not telling them the truth.

Her family might have been reluctant to share info about the marital relationship with LE, given his portrayal of himself as a distraught husband doing everything he possibly could to find SM.

Once LE disabused SM's family of that notion, I'm sure they realized that sharing inside info with LE would be anything but an act of disloyalty.

On the contrary, full disclosure of any and all known facts, no matter how personal, would be the ultimate act of loyalty.

Loyalty to Suzanne.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads