Found Safe IN - RP, 15, Huntington, 24 Oct 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm trying to wrap my head around this 'person of interest'. Two of our largest libraries in the area frequently have homeless persons using them to read while staying warm in the winter or cool in the summer. This guy doesn't look a lot different from some of them when seeing him briefly from a distance. I don't see enough to lead me to believe he has any difficulty walking and even if he does it could be a temporary injury like a sprained ankle or knee so for someone who knows him but hasn't seen him recently that could be distracting. In fact, thinking about when I go to the library in these Covid-19 times - with everyone working from home - I don't dress a lot differently than him. Tactical trousers (similar to cargo trousers) or old khaki slacks, running shoes, T-shirt and a old jacket. I find myself wondering if I leave the library on a day when a person goes missing, why would I be on video as a POI?

There is something more here that has set this guy apart for LE. His timing upon leaving the library? Where the staff saw him in relation to where Raelynn was in the library, maybe in particular what he did when she entered? Did he talk to her in the library? Are was he merely the only adult male in the library when Raelynn was there? Are there additional CCTV cameras in the library that capture what has LE interest? Something bothers me about LE wanting to track down someone who, based solely on the video, would not attract any attention at any other time.

I agree. I just posted similar concerns on wondering why this guy is a POI. I’m guessing....and hoping....and expecting...there to be more to to their suspicions.

I sure would like to know why LE feels this guy walking out of a library, alone, is a POI in this child’s disappearance. Was he seen talking to her inside? Hope we get a little info soon,

I am really confused about this too. Maybe I missed it, but from the articles I haven't seen reference to Raelynn ever being at that library, and it sounds like the POI video was from Monday, which (unless it means the previous Monday, the article is unclear on this) is AFTER she disappeared.

This is a YouTube link to a news report that shows the POI exiting the Library. The original link on this thread seems to be a FB link, which doesn't offer the same helpful playback options and settings.

DON'T FORGET. . . If you click the settings link (looks like a gear) on the bottom of the YT video, you can control video speed. (from 1/4 speed to 2x speed)

Also, you can move forward/backward ONE frame at a time by using the ", ." (comma/period) keys on your computer's keyboard.

I've made this link to jump right to the Library POI section of the video. You can do this with any YT video by the way, which is a great help/time saver if you want any video link to take the viewer to an exact spot in the video.

ETA, apparently the "copy video url at current time isn't working for this video. But, the library POI section starts at 34 seconds)

whats in American libraries? apart from the obvious? here in the uk ours are (if still open) used for a variety things

what took him there?
is he local?
many on local sex offenders register?

I'm thinking the computers with internet access took him there.

On the Ossian Branch library website, there is a Virtual Escape Room/Scavenger Hunt offered for teens. To play, teens need to pick up a To-Go kit from the library and then use items from the kit as they go online to play (either alone or with others). The To-Go kit is offered Oct 19 through Oct 31.

I am really confused about this too. Maybe I missed it, but from the articles I haven't seen reference to Raelynn ever being at that library, and it sounds like the POI video was from Monday, which (unless it means the previous Monday, the article is unclear on this) is AFTER she disappeared.
this is why I'm curious if she was spotted on video around there between Sat/Mon - and so they are looking for anyone who may also have been there ? They can't figure out who he is IMO so they need the public to help. If he is not involved, he will come forward IMO

My 2 cents on several of the comments -
The T-shirt also looks like Minions to me, but I can see the "Five nights at Freddys" which is a "jump scare" game that was giving younger kids nightmares (which is how I heard of it).

I suspect they found communication to her devices from the Library's IP address and when reviewing the footage, this was someone who could not be ID'ed and perhaps a librarian recalled them using the PCs.

I hope she is found quickly and unharmed.

The missing flyer says she was last seen on Center St in Huntington. This appears to be a dead end, residential street. It could even be the street where she lives.

The library is at 255 West Park Dr and is about a mile from Center St. If she was talking to this person of interest online, they may have tracked their interaction to a library computer's IP address?

Libraries generally record quite a bit of information about you if you're going to use a computer there. That's possibly how they zeroed in on him as a POI.

The missing flyer says she was last seen on Center St in Huntington. This appears to be a dead end, residential street. It could even be the street where she lives.

The library is at 255 West Park Dr and is about a mile from Center St. If she was talking to this person of interest online, they may have tracked their interaction to a library computer's IP address?

Libraries generally record quite a bit of information about you if you're going to use a computer there. That's possibly how they zeroed in on him as a POI.

Where did 255 West Park Drive come from? The sign on the wall in the video says it's the Ossian branch of the Wells County Public Library, which looks to be 18 miles from Huntington.

But your point is taken on the library info, for sure.

In the UK and I would think the US is similar we have to register with some official ID to become a member of the library, if you take a book out you use your card that has been validated and also if you use the computer, you give them your card and you can 'book' the computer for 1 hr. I have been to my local library 2 weeks ago and it was eerily quiet due to COVID, place was empty so I would imagine similar in US - staff would notice everything!

His shoes are brand new ultra lite sneakers, either nike or reebok they look very similar. to shoes we have here at the house, they appear to be brand new and his hoody looks very new. just observations. Also another male in a navy blue jacket and relatively clean blue jeans ( freshly laundered ) mOO.

His shoes are brand new ultra lite sneakers, either nike or reebok they look very similar. to shoes we have here at the house, they appear to be brand new and his hoody looks very new. just observations. Also another male in a navy blue jacket and relatively clean blue jeans ( freshly laundered ) mOO.

Where are you seeing this quality of picture/video?

Good point! Maybe she never was in the library and a witness saw someone Raelynn with someone in the vicinity of the library. Maybe after going through CCTV footage in the area, the witness or witnesses recognized this guy from footage. I suppose I will go on Google Maps and see what else is in the immediate area.

I went back ran over the footage over and over, full screen and slower. I realized I can't see the guy's right hand - arm underneath the hoodie and not in the sleeve, hoodie sleeves too long for him? If this happened on Saturday, the sign on the door states the Saturday hours are 9AM to Noon, so that narrows down the time frame somewhat.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back