Alex Trebek, 'Jeopardy!' host, has stage 4 pancreatic cancer, dies Nov 2020

Alex Trebek, beloved 'Jeopardy!' host, dies after cancer battle at age 80

The legendary game show figure was best known for his soothing voice and understated humor.

Longtime "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek, adored by generations of trivia mavens who instinctively shout out questions to answers, died on Sunday following his battle with cancer. He was 80.

The official "Jeopardy!" Twitter account confirmed the news, adding that he was surrounded by friends and family as he died at home in the early morning.

"Jeopardy!" executive producer Mike Richards described Trebek's death as an "enormous loss" for the show's crew in a statement on Sunday. The producer said it was an incredible honor to work beside Trebek in the past year and a half as the host continued to work on the show despite his diagnosis...

RIP Alex. I cried when I read the news, because my Dad and I used to watch Jeopardy together almost every night in the last year of his life. He has been gone for 15 years, but Alex Trebek’s charm and wit made me smile whenever I’ve watched since then.

Jeopardy! Producer Shares the Touching Way Alex Trebek Spent His Final Day | Xfinity

As fans mourn the loss of Alex Trebek, they can find comfort in his fulfilling final day.

Less than two years after announcing his pancreatic cancer diagnosis, the longtime Jeopardy! host died on Sunday, Nov. 8. "Jeopardy! is saddened to share that Alex Trebek passed away peacefully at home early this morning, surrounded by family and friends," the show confirmed in a tweet. The iconic figure was 80 years old.

As the grief continues over his passing, Jeopardy's Executive Producer Mike Richards shared touching details about Trebek's last day, revealing that he spent it exactly how he always wanted...

Jeopardy! Pays Tribute to "Beloved" Alex Trebek in First Episode Since His Death | Xfinity

We'll take bawling for $500, Alex.

Jeopardy! returned to TV on Monday, Nov. 9, after the game show revealed that its widely adored host Alex Trebek died on Sunday at age 80. He had been battling pancreatic cancer for a year.

To pay tribute to the trivia whiz, executive producer Mike Richards gave a special message ahead of the show. He introduced himself and explained, "Over the weekend, we lost our beloved host Alex Trebek. This is an enormous loss for our staff, crew, for his family, for his millions of fans."...

Jeopardy! Pays Tribute to "Beloved" Alex Trebek in First Episode Since His Death | Xfinity

We'll take bawling for $500, Alex.

Jeopardy! returned to TV on Monday, Nov. 9, after the game show revealed that its widely adored host Alex Trebek died on Sunday at age 80. He had been battling pancreatic cancer for a year.

To pay tribute to the trivia whiz, executive producer Mike Richards gave a special message ahead of the show. He introduced himself and explained, "Over the weekend, we lost our beloved host Alex Trebek. This is an enormous loss for our staff, crew, for his family, for his millions of fans."...

Some more from your link.

He said that Trebek taped his final episodes less than two weeks ago. The show will air the remaining 35 episodes as they were shot, "in his honor," according to the show's Instagram. "That's what he wanted," the producer said. "On behalf of everyone here at Jeopardy, thank you for everything Alex."

The last episode will air on Christmas.

Alex Trebek's Wife Jean Breaks Her Silence on His Death | Xfinity

Jean Trebek is feeling the love from the worldwide Jeopardy! family.

The wife of the late Alex Trebek thanked fans for their outpouring of support after the legendary Jeopardy! host died on Sunday at age 80. She wrote a moving message on Instagram on Wednesday, Nov. 11, to recognize all the love she's received.

Jean said, "My family and I sincerely thank you all for your compassionate messages and generosity. Your expressions have truly touched our hearts. Thank you so very, very much."...

Ken Jennings will be first interim 'Jeopardy!' host following death of Alex Trebek (nbcnews.com)

The “Jeopardy!” record-holder will be the first in a series of interim hosts replacing Trebek when the show resumes production next Monday.

“Jeopardy!” record-holder Ken Jennings will be the first in a series of interim hosts replacing Alex Trebek when the show resumes production next Monday.

Producers announced Monday that Jennings, who won 74 games in a row and claimed the show's “Greatest of All Time” title in a competition last year, will host episodes that air in January.

A long-term host for Trebek, who died of cancer on Nov. 8, will be named later...

Alex Trebek pre-recorded touching Thanksgiving message: 'Keep the faith' (nbcnews.com)

The beloved Jeopardy host died on Nov. 8 after a long battle with cancer.

In a heartfelt pre-recorded message, the late "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek reminded his fans to hold out hope despite the pandemic, imploring viewers to "keep the faith."...

The official "Jeopardy!" account tweeted the video on Thursday. "High on our list of things to be thankful for this year: Alex's Thanksgiving message from today's show. We hope you have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!" the post read...

The final new "Jeopardy!" episodes hosted by Alex Trebek will air next week, with highlights that promise to be memorable.

Trebek's last new 'Jeopardy!' episodes airing with a tribute

Last week and this week, Jeopardy! has featured episodes with Alex "Around the World". On each program, an entire category in one game has shown Alex in the various countries that he visited during his long tenure as the host of Jeopardy! DH and I have been Jeopardy! fans since college - before Alex Trebek - and have truly enjoyed the "Around the World" shows over the past two weeks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back