Alex Trebek, 'Jeopardy!' host, has stage 4 pancreatic cancer, dies Nov 2020

Mike Richards, Mayim Bialik announced as hosts of ‘Jeopardy!’ (clickondetroit.com)

Richards to kick off season 38 as full-time host

After auditioning a number of guest hosts following the death of Alex Trebek, “Jeopardy!” has announced Mike Richards and Mayim Bialik as its hosts of the future.

Richards, 38, is the executive producer of “Jeopardy!” and “Wheel of Fortune,” but will now also serve as the full-time host of the former, beginning with season 38.

Bialik, widely known for playing neuroscientist Amy Farrah Fowler in “Big Bang Theory,” will host the “Jeopardy!” primetime and spinoff series, including the Jeopardy! National College Championship...

‘Jeopardy!’ producer Richards named host; role for Bialik (detroitnews.com)

A new era of “Jeopardy!” is on the horizon, with executive producer Mike Richards and actress Mayim Bialik named the hosts of the long-running game show.

Richards was announced Wednesday as the full-time host of the weekday syndicated “Jeopardy!” broadcasts, while Bialik will lead special editions of the show.

“We are thrilled to begin the next chapter of America’s Favorite Quiz Show with Mike hosting our daily show and Mayim hosting new versions of Jeopardy!,” Ravi Ahuja of Sony Pictures said...

I'm happy for Mayim but I really didn't enjoy Mike Richards style of hosting. I'm disappointed with Mike as the full time host.

disappointed and disgusted. And I think execs are simply dangling Mayim there just to placate those who feel the same. I wonder what AT would think.

I didn't care for Mike Richards, but I suspect that he might have been the choice from the get-go since he has a long affiliation with Jeopardy! It's also possible that Alex Trebek was consulted about who he thought should eventually replace him. As the long-time producer of Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune, Mike Richards might have been a shoe-in as AT's replacement. JMO

Jeopardy! Welcomes Mayim Bialik and Mike Richards as New Hosts | J!Buzz | Jeopardy.com

Mayim Bialik and Mike Richards have been named as the new hosts of Jeopardy!, Sony Pictures Television announced Wednesday.

Richards will kick off Season 38 as the full-time host of the syndicated show, and Bialik will serve as the host of Jeopardy!’s primetime and spinoff series, including the upcoming all-new Jeopardy! National College Championship. Richards will continue to serve as executive producer(Opens in a new window) of Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune...

I thought Mike Richards was a great host, but my favorite (other than Alex, of course) will always be Ken Jennings. I just assumed he would take over after Alex died. I'm not sure the revolving guest hosts did the show any favors. The die-hard fans were never going to be 100% satisfied with a multiple choice option - that's not how the game works, lol!

I thought Mike Richards was a great host, but my favorite (other than Alex, of course) will always be Ken Jennings. I just assumed he would take over after Alex died. I'm not sure the revolving guest hosts did the show any favors. The die-hard fans were never going to be 100% satisfied with a multiple choice option - that's not how the game works, lol!

I hoped that Ken Jennings would become the permanent host, too. Perhaps he'll reconsider if the job is offered to him. I also think that Buzzy Cohen would be a capable host. Alex mentioned attorney/legal commentator Laura Coates as a possible replacement. I wish she had been a guest host and given serious consideration.

In hindsight, it was probably not a good idea to parade so many guest hosts that gave viewers the impression that they would have input into the appointment of the new Jeopardy! host. Updated reports indicate that there will be yet another round of "guest" hosts when the show begins filming the new season. No word on who the "auditioning" hosts will be or if there will be former guest hosts getting a "second chance".

'Jeopardy!' temporary host Mayim Bialik replaces Mike Richards in self-made debacle (nbcnews.com)

Giving the role to Richards, the executive producer, flies in the face of one of the show's most essential features to contestants like me: Meritocracy.

The past week has not been a happy one for the producers of “Jeopardy!” — the long-running television quiz show still coping with the loss of its iconic host, Alex Trebek, to cancer last year. Plans for an orderly transition to its new permanent host, Mike Richards, collapsed into chaos when Richards, the show’s executive producer, announced Friday that he was stepping down following revelations that he’d previously made a string of disparaging comments about women, Jews and poor people and that two lawsuits alleged that, while a producer on the game show “The Price Is Right,” he discriminated against two of the show's models. Actress Mayim Bialik will take over as interim host for the first few weeks following his absence...

Mike Richards out as executive producer of 'Jeopardy!' and 'Wheel of Fortune' (nbcnews.com)

The producer has drawn intense scrutiny for his past comments about women, Jewish people and poor people.

Mike Richards will no longer serve as executive producer of the "Jeopardy!" and "Wheel of Fortune" game show franchises, a Sony executive said in a statement Tuesday.

Richards was tapped to succeed Alex Trebek as host of "Jeopardy!" but stepped down earlier this month amid intense scrutiny on his past comments about women, Jewish people and poor people.

"We had hoped that when Mike stepped down from the host position at 'Jeopardy!' it would have minimized the disruption and internal difficulties we have all experienced these last few weeks. That clearly has not happened," Sony Pictures Television executive Suzanne Prete said...

Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings, who are both part of the game show's television family, will host the show "through the end of the calendar year," Sony said Thursday.
This timing will give Sony executives at least a couple of months to determine who the permanent host of the beloved show should be.

Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings to host 'Jeopardy!' for the rest of the year

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled