Identified! MI - Detroit, WhtFem UP8272, 18-20, in garbage dump, recent childbirth, Feb'87 - n/a

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WCJD had several good recons done by Carl, so I dont think she is an urgent case for another new recon (but of course i am not keeping anybody from doing more recons on her).
But so many other UIDs are in need of a "human" recon who either have only a weird doctored postmortem or a bad clay composite.
Agreed, but I have to say I've see one or two of those bad clay composite be spot on.

WCJD had several good recons done by Carl, so I dont think she is an urgent case for another new recon (but of course i am not keeping anybody from doing more recons on her).
But so many other UIDs are in need of a "human" recon who either have only a weird doctored postmortem or a bad clay composite.
I agree, I think that San Doe falls on that category.

A new reconstruction might aid in his identification.

I thought Philadelphia JDs name was witheld on request of her family?

No, due to a homicide investigation. And I believe agencies are required to give the names of homicide victims when ready, but I could be wrong on that.
My understanding is that, eventually, homicide victims’ names will be released once any investigations have ended. If there is an active investigation by LE, then the name will remain withheld. If a victim dies by other means (i.e. natural causes or suicide), then it is the decision of the family whether or not to release the identity - please correct me if I am wrong.

My understanding is that, eventually, homicide victims’ names will be released once any investigations have ended. If there is an active investigation by LE, then the name will remain withheld. If a victim dies by other means (i.e. natural causes or suicide), then it is the decision of the family whether or not to release the identity - please correct me if I am wrong.
That sounds correct to me, this might be a weird case though since they're investigating it as a homicide, when it could have been accidental or negligent of the driver who hit her.

Yes, on most cases the victim's identity is released when the manner of death is homicide.

I am not sure if that is always the case. Take for example Pillar Point Doe. They were identified a very good while ago and it was a definite homicide. Yes, likely, investigations are still going on and who knows how long, but it has been communicated in various media that the name is withheld on request of the family. So I am unsure if it is an automatic process that names have to be released in cases of homicide once investigation has been closed.

I am not sure if that is always the case. Take for example Pillar Point Doe. They were identified a very good while ago and it was a definite homicide. Yes, likely, investigations are still going on and who knows how long, but it has been communicated in various media that the name is withheld on request of the family. So I am unsure if it is an automatic process that names have to be released in cases of homicide once investigation has been closed.
I had always seen that in that case, Law enforcement has yet to confirm the identity.

Edit: That seems to be the case, straight from their site:

"The DNA Doe Project announced they had tentatively identified Pillar Point Doe, pending confirmation by the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office. No further details, including the name, can be released at this time."

From the Reddit post by Anthony Redgrave for Transgender Day of Remembrance, the reason the identity of Pillar Point Doe hasn't been announced is due to it being an ongoing homicide investigation.

She is identified, but a name hasn't been announced yet, likely due to an ongoing homicide investigation.

I could understand withholding the name until the next of kin are notified, but in that case, you don't announce that you have identified her to the press.

It would seem that if they want to solve the murder, releasing the name might bring forward some useful information or clues.

I could understand withholding the name until the next of kin are notified, but in that case, you don't announce that you have identified her to the press.

It would seem that if they want to solve the murder, releasing the name might bring forward some useful information or clues.
It could also clue in whoever did it that they're onto them, it's common that information isn't released until a conviction is made or someone is charged, it's what happened with Mary Silvani and Dana Dodd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back