TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthony Quinn Warner confirmed person of interest in Nashville bombing

“His mother filed a petition in February 2019 asking a judge to overturn the real estate transfer, arguing that Warner, who was his brother’s power of attorney, acted in self-interest with the property transfer since it resulted in personal financial gain.

The case was dismissed in October 2019 at the mother’s request.”

I am curious on the personal financial gain. I thought the deed was for $10. Anyhow, it seems there was some family tension around assets based on this.

Wouldn't he need a lot of powder to create an explosion that size though? I'm wondering if he was somehow able to get his hands on enough ammonium nitrate and fuel oil to cause an explosion that size.

Yes it would and good point. Given that I think Ag supply companies are aware and restrictive on fertilizer purchases since OKC, it will be interesting to learn how he got the stuff needed.

Maybe we'll learn in time what the tips were and who they came from. So far, I don't see his employer or his neighbors calling in. I wonder if the tips came from people he met online and was discussing explosives and stuff with. It will be interesting to learn how and when he obtained the explosives.

The only tips I have seen in MSM are indeed those... (I've only followed these threads and MSM, and may be why different?) One in threads was from previous employer and another from neighbor.

Yes it would and good point. Given that I think Ag supply companies are aware and restrictive on fertilizer purchases since OKC, it will be interesting to learn how he got the stuff needed.
Yeah Ag supply companies are pretty restricted on purchases because of how much was used in OKC. Did a little searching around on the old interwebs and found a place where you can buy 50lbs of AN for $85. Several bags of that and some fuel oil, which is readily available, and there you go. For a blast that size you really wouldn't need a lot. The OKC bombing was a 4800 pound mixture of AN, FO and nitro methane and look at how much damage that caused.

He also could have just simply used propane. Readily available and by going to different places to fill up tanks, could avoid suspicion.

I am curious on the personal financial gain. I thought the deed was for $10. Anyhow, it seems there was some family tension around assets based on this.

<modsnip>
When a person dies, if they have a will, their will controls what happens to their assets. You can say anything you want in your will. I can give my entire estate to my dog as long as I am clear and my will is properly executed.

If a person dies without a will, their assets will be distributed in probate according to the laws of intestate succession in their state. Generally, if the decedent has a spouse, everything goes to the spouse. If the decedent has no spouse but children, everything goes equally to the children. If the decedent has no spouse and no children, everything goes to the parents. If the decedent has no spouse, no children, and his parents are deceased, his assets would be distributed equally between his siblings. There are specific rules about if one sibling is deceased but leaves children (nieces and nephews of the decedent) and it can get complicated.

So if one brother dies without a will (with no spouse and no children), and his mother is still alive, his estate would transfer to his mother on his death. His siblings would get nothing. Transferring property to yourself when you are POA for a dying person when that property would otherwise properly go to the dying person's heir (mother, for example), can be considered a fraudulent transfer.

ETA: the first $11.8 million in an estate transfers tax free in 2020 so if your estate is estimated to be under that number, there are no estate taxes when your property passes to your heirs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The officer stated he walked around the camper (what nerves of steel!) and said that the blinds were closed, couldn't see inside. Camper arrived at 1:22 am, I wonder if the perpetrator was setting things up inside during the few hours before the explosion. Or if he closed the blinds shortly before the explosion.

The officer stated he walked around the camper (what nerves of steel!) and said that the blinds were closed, couldn't see inside. Camper arrived at 1:22 am, I wonder if the perpetrator was setting things up inside during the few hours before the explosion. Or if he closed the blinds shortly before the explosion.
Would there be blinds in the driver's cabin as well?

I still think there's some significance in choosing the AT&T building. Interesting thought that he might have killed himself before the explosion. IIRC shots were first heard before 5am and then a few more times later.
I’m sure there is some significance of the AT&T building, but it could be nothing more than one more thing he was irritated about or that he felt wronged him in some way. Who knows.

https://twitter.com/wsmv/status/1343268508323307528?s=21

White Box truck being looked into has 231S shut down

Highway 231 in Wilson County shut down due to suspicious vehicle investigation

"According to investigators on the scene, the white box truck was traveling in Rutherford county when a call came in saying it had a PA system that was announcing for everyone to evacuate.

Deputies located the vehicle on Murfreesboro Road and authorities pulled over the truck.

News 4 has crews on the scene as there is a large police presence centered around what looks like a white box truck."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa