TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow my hearing is either terrible and/or you all have amazing hearing because even turning that video volume up, I don't even hear the "Good morning!" I do hear the weird mumbly noises that are being likened to a radio or TV, though.

The first time I watched, those gunshots made me jump out of my chair. It just reinforces how brazen this was. And even though there may not have yet been much car traffic on those streets, I guarantee neighbors were awake just before 7 AM on a work day. I mean, I leave my house at 7 to get to work. But even if you don't have to leave that early, if you work an 8-5/9-5 job, most are up at that hour. Or anyone who was a parent who had kids needing to get to school.

And then to circle back and drive by AGAIN? I am flummoxed on that one. I mean, what was the point? OK, to see if she was really deceased. But if she had somehow miraculously sat or stood up after this shooting, would the killer have jumped out and tried to shoot her again? I almost wonder, did they take a photo really quickly while driving by of her laying in the driveway in order to show it someone as "proof" that this job was done?

But what’s the point of getting proof? It’s going to be on the news.

But what’s the point of getting proof? It’s going to be on the news.

I have no idea. That's why overall, the driving back by the scene doesn't make much sense to me. It seems like a really risky move that is out of proportion with whatever benefit the killer may have derived from it. I am still trying to figure this one out.

I guess the other option is just sick pleasure from it?

What I would do, following up on my theory on mistaken identity, is have the police investigate other people in the area to determine whether a neighbour could have harboured a dark secret that a hitman wanted her killed for, and this neighbour happened to look like Liz.

Do we know when the night before?

I haven't seen a time, just that it drove by the night before. And they believe the truck was already in the neighborhood that morning (which makes sense since the shooting happened so quickly after her husband left for work.) And that it drove by again after she was shot.

So it drove by the night before (I also wish we had a time for this) and was already in the neighborhood early waiting for her husband to leave. Is it possible it never left the neighborhood that night and that the killer either slept in that truck or maybe didn't even sleep and just kept vigil in the truck all night until it was time to do it? If so, I wonder if any neighbors - not even necessarily on Liz's street but just in the subdivision - recall seeing a black truck parked by their house overnight. I am sure if they did they would have come forward, but it's possible LE has not released that to the public. If the killer did actually stay there all night, that would be even riskier.

Of course, it's possible they either lived close enough to go home overnight, stayed at a nearby hotel, or parked in some other area or parking lot and waited it out overnight.

I think the police know a lot already but what's missing is enough evidence to charge the perpetrators. (MOO.) About the time of the night before, I recall reading a long time ago that it was around 1am but I can't be sure of that.

Here is a photo of the shooter facing Liz from the video. It's hard to see much. I'm guessing someone took this shot from the video.

Attachments

• closeup-of-shooter.jpg
    closeup-of-shooter.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 163
I just want to point out that new information about ballistics was also released. There were no shell casings found at the scene, which leads them to believe a revolver was used.

In the interview with EB's dad, he said she had just had a new costume approved. I am not sure of how the process works to get costume approvals, but from what I understand there is a high standard for what is approved. Someone may have had their costume denied, or the same type of costume as EB denied. MOO

Unfortunately, the perp(s) seems to have carefully planned this in order to evade police. I think, in particular, they didn't waste any energy trying to create a false scenario to mislead police, such as a robbery gone wrong, or a missing person. Darkness, outdoors, isolated victim, element of surprise, keep the weapon and vehicle out of hands of police. Still, what they can't conceal, IMO, is the obvious foreknowledge that she would be there, alone, at that time and place. And there must be a rational motive to plan and carry it out it so carefully.

ETA: IMO, police aren't going to inform the public about any suspects, as they would likely be watching them carefully.
That is the key to this. The car and the amount of inside information this person must have had (assuming it isn't a totally random killer).

Who is very close to Liz and might have had access to that info and an untraceable truck like this?

I mean they made no attempt to hide this truck and casually drove by again? Are you kidding me. The plates could have been captured on video, someone might have seen it and jotted down the number, they could have become lost in that development and on and on... Nothing- not the slightest bit worried.

When you think about how hard that would be to keep that buttoned up, you're really only left with a total stranger with no connection.

One theory: The planner of the crime wasn't the shooter. The truck was everything. Was it only the shooter's idea to drive back by?

More questions: Where is the truck now, was it destroyed? Hidden? Sold in a bogus sale to a non-existent person but held for this purpose? Who has the truck keys? This word KEY has been flashing in my head since this video has so much to do with the truck, and the husband used the word "key" also. Why did the shooter have a conversation with Liz? What if Liz had run toward the house? Did the shooter say something to prevent that?

Yes, it's strange. Sometimes it seems the killer who has benefited from "dumb luck". It happens, sometimes.

Yes, those gunshots were really loud. How did no one awaken and look to see what happened?

Here's the video I keep going back to. This shows the actual shooting. Most of the videos published by the news media stop before the shots are fired.

One thing I notice is that the shooter crosses the street, coming and going. Another thing is that the gun seems to have almost no recoil. Perhaps it's a .22LR or a .25ACP. A .22 could be a revolver or a semi-auto, but a .25 would almost certainly be a semi-auto that would leave spent shell casings.

I don't recall the police saying anything about empties.

Moo... The frequency of drive bys are emotional as in stalker mode. The person is obsessing and getting hyped up emotionally. So shooter does the deed. The final drive by is because they are somewhat in disbelief that they carried through their plan. Could be their partner had had mentioned Elizabeth had awesome cosplay dressing skills. I think the shooting is emotionally based. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa