TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Kcookok, Jan 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turkeytrot

Turkeytrot Well-Known Member

I *think* they put a couple signs up that morning. But nothing in the paper, online, etc. Friends, family, co-workers knew about the garage sale.

borndem, Santicee, Flicka1 and 3 others like this.

2. wary

wary Well-Known Member

But what’s the point of getting proof? It’s going to be on the news.

borndem, misgrn, Flicka1 and 3 others like this.
  3. MntnHiker

MntnHiker Well-Known Member

I have no idea. That's why overall, the driving back by the scene doesn't make much sense to me. It seems like a really risky move that is out of proportion with whatever benefit the killer may have derived from it. I am still trying to figure this one out.

I guess the other option is just sick pleasure from it?

borndem, misgrn, Santicee and 4 others like this.
  4. Mors_Et_Vita

Mors_Et_Vita Active Member

What I would do, following up on my theory on mistaken identity, is have the police investigate other people in the area to determine whether a neighbour could have harboured a dark secret that a hitman wanted her killed for, and this neighbour happened to look like Liz.

Flicka1, wary and astheworldfallsdown like this.
  5. moslym3

moslym3 Well-Known Member

Do we know when the night before?

BaffleMe, borndem, Flicka1 and 2 others like this.
  6. Turkeytrot

I haven't seen a time, just that it drove by the night before. And they believe the truck was already in the neighborhood that morning (which makes sense since the shooting happened so quickly after her husband left for work.) And that it drove by again after she was shot.

7. MntnHiker

MntnHiker Well-Known Member

So it drove by the night before (I also wish we had a time for this) and was already in the neighborhood early waiting for her husband to leave. Is it possible it never left the neighborhood that night and that the killer either slept in that truck or maybe didn't even sleep and just kept vigil in the truck all night until it was time to do it? If so, I wonder if any neighbors - not even necessarily on Liz's street but just in the subdivision - recall seeing a black truck parked by their house overnight. I am sure if they did they would have come forward, but it's possible LE has not released that to the public. If the killer did actually stay there all night, that would be even riskier.

Of course, it's possible they either lived close enough to go home overnight, stayed at a nearby hotel, or parked in some other area or parking lot and waited it out overnight.

Kittybunny, borndem, misgrn and 4 others like this.
  8. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

I would like to know that as well

borndem, misgrn, Flicka1 and 2 others like this.
  9. Turkeytrot

I don't think it's been mentioned here but it appears that Sergio is newly engaged. Not insinuating anything, just an observation that was made/shared in another forum I follow.

Hazelnutty, Kittybunny, Aqua and 16 others like this.
  10. sl222

sl222 Well-Known Member

I think the police know a lot already but what's missing is enough evidence to charge the perpetrators. (MOO.) About the time of the night before, I recall reading a long time ago that it was around 1am but I can't be sure of that.

Here is a photo of the shooter facing Liz from the video. It's hard to see much. I'm guessing someone took this shot from the video.

Attached Files:

11. BINGOdinoDNA

BINGOdinoDNA Well-Known Member

I just want to point out that new information about ballistics was also released. There were no shell casings found at the scene, which leads them to believe a revolver was used.

In the interview with EB's dad, he said she had just had a new costume approved. I am not sure of how the process works to get costume approvals, but from what I understand there is a high standard for what is approved. Someone may have had their costume denied, or the same type of costume as EB denied. MOO

12. Vern

Vern Well-Known Member

To prove it was *you* who actually did the deed and collect your payment?

Hazelnutty, borndem, misgrn and 9 others like this.
  13. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

That is the key to this. The car and the amount of inside information this person must have had (assuming it isn't a totally random killer).

Who is very close to Liz and might have had access to that info and an untraceable truck like this?

I mean they made no attempt to hide this truck and casually drove by again? Are you kidding me. The plates could have been captured on video, someone might have seen it and jotted down the number, they could have become lost in that development and on and on... Nothing- not the slightest bit worried.

When you think about how hard that would be to keep that buttoned up, you're really only left with a total stranger with no connection.

14. sl222

sl222 Well-Known Member

One theory: The planner of the crime wasn't the shooter. The truck was everything. Was it only the shooter's idea to drive back by?

More questions: Where is the truck now, was it destroyed? Hidden? Sold in a bogus sale to a non-existent person but held for this purpose? Who has the truck keys? This word KEY has been flashing in my head since this video has so much to do with the truck, and the husband used the word "key" also. Why did the shooter have a conversation with Liz? What if Liz had run toward the house? Did the shooter say something to prevent that?

15. MajorHoople

MajorHoople Well-Known Member

Here's the video I keep going back to. This shows the actual shooting. Most of the videos published by the news media stop before the shots are fired.

One thing I notice is that the shooter crosses the street, coming and going. Another thing is that the gun seems to have almost no recoil. Perhaps it's a .22LR or a .25ACP. A .22 could be a revolver or a semi-auto, but a .25 would almost certainly be a semi-auto that would leave spent shell casings.

I don't recall the police saying anything about empties.

16. MajorHoople

Here's the same video on Youtube:

Flicka1, girlhasnoname and sl222 like this.
  17. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

18. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Maybe it was someone that had a "thing" for the husband and wanted competition removed?? Moo

na19, Kittybunny, Flicka1 and 6 others like this.
  19. MajorHoople

KHOU also released the raw video from the Sheriff's Department on Youtube. The shooting starts just after 1:30. Poor Elizabeth, you can hear her screams. Terrible.

Sheriff's office releases new video in shooting death of Tomball woman

GarAndTeed, Angelo, Razz and 5 others like this.
  20. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Moo... The frequency of drive bys are emotional as in stalker mode. The person is obsessing and getting hyped up emotionally. So shooter does the deed. The final drive by is because they are somewhat in disbelief that they carried through their plan. Could be their partner had had mentioned Elizabeth had awesome cosplay dressing skills. I think the shooting is emotionally based. Moo

Kittybunny, Angelo, misgrn and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.