TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE have told us everything they know.
<snip>

Possibly, possibly not. I'd think they'd only tell the public what information they are OK with us having, not necessarily telling us every little thing they know. They could be holding some cards close to their chests as they work on some things. Like what they are telling the ex-FBI investigators for instance. Dimes to dollars they know more than we do.

Possibly, possibly not. I'd think they'd only tell the public what information they are OK with us having, not necessarily telling us every little thing they know. They could be holding some cards close to their chests as they work on some things. Like what they are telling the ex-FBI investigators for instance. Dimes to dollars they know more than we do.
Context was concerning the huge number of conspiracies created.
I believe they effectively knocked most of those squarely on the head.

Their full statement addresses many of the conspiracies circulating and they put them to rest.
You will find several in past threads.
But the quickest way is to read their statement again...
there was only Jason in the vehicle
-he did not plan on meeting anybody, had not stopped for a major drug purchase, he did drive his own vehicle etc etc etc..
A lot of them arose from the erroneous fox headline stating his backpack was filled with narcotics, others were simpler suggesting he had never left his place of residence at all and that somebody else drove the vehicle and that it was a planned disappearance.
I just have to say, LE has told us everything they CAN...not everything they KNOW. Quite different. They always preface things with "at the moment we have no evidence, then later in cases that evidence may arise.

I just have to say, LE has told us everything they CAN...not everything they KNOW. Quite different. They always preface things with "at the moment we have no evidence, then later in cases that evidence may arise.
again I was replying to a post about the many conspiracies that have been created since Jason went missing.

Caldwell County Sheriff's Office
View attachment 281844
Shorts worn by Jason Landry. White tag, has only spot of presumptive blood on clothing.
View attachment 281845
White tag from Jason's short with spot of presumptive blood.
View attachment 281846
Spot of presumptive blood on underwear of Jason Landry.
View attachment 281847
Usable amount of marijuana recovered by TX DPS from Jason's backpack.
View attachment 281848

edited still photo of Body Worn Camera of the Trooper who initially responded to the scene showing relative location of articles of clothing and backpack, approximately 900 feet south of crash scene.
View attachment 281849
Still photo of BWC from Trooper showing backpack, plastic bag of personal toiletries, and a plastic tumbler style container with a deceased beta fish.
He kept the dead Beta fish.

On a different note, if the shedding of clothes were the paradoxical undressing associated with hypothermia...seems like his body would be pretty darn close to his clothing, correct? If this were the case, it seems unimaginable he could be missed. I hope they tore that shed and abandoned house apart in their search.

Paradoxical Undressing

DPS is very very hesitant to enter into an impounded car that is abandoned. All of this is on body camera and although it defies common sense for every day people, their procedures are the results of thousands and thousands of impoundments. In the 2 minutes it took me to type this, DPS has probably encountered 5 cars across the state in the exact same condition. In the olden days, an officer would ALWAYS do a quick search but nowadays body cam records everything as does dash cam.
Yes, I believe they would need a search warrant?

On a different note, if the shedding of clothes were the paradoxical undressing associated with hypothermia...seems like his body would be pretty darn close to his clothing, correct? If this were the case, it seems unimaginable he could be missed. I hope they tore that shed and abandoned house apart in their search.

Paradoxical Undressing
Pretty sure they were thorough.
It could be hypo or hyperthermia.
High body temperature often accompanies brain injuries
Google
q=temperature+elevations+in+patients+with+sub+arachnoid+haemorrhages&sxsrf=ALeKk02d-i8r9ENufcVAWvyw5zdqueFfZA:1612034409484&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_4t6SsMTuAhX0t3EKHWjZAGAQ_AUI_gEoAA&biw=1229&bih=603
It is impossible to know which it was without finding Jason.

Although the PIs have experience with drug cartels, I'd be willing to bet a large number of current and former LE in that part of the country have also dealt with drug smugglers. So I don't read too much into that. This is a college kid going home after classes and his Jimmy Johns shift with his pet fish, gaming gear, and some reefer for the holidays. I just can't figure a drug cartel into this equation anywhere.

As for the paradoxical undressing, perhaps it was a combination of the cold, drugs, and injury. But I can't imagine he would knowingly take hallucinogens on the way home to his parents. Maybe LE will release further test results soon to confirm or not the lacing theory.

Last edited:
Something I am not clear on is where the clothes were found relative to the initial trail indicated by dogs. From the Media thread: "Dogs tracked a scent indicating Jason was walking back toward Luling. After about a quarter of a mile, the trail disappeared".

Was this a further quarter mile beyond the clothes, or was it just from the car to the discarded clothes? It seems unlikely he did this, for reasons suggested earlier, but if he did change into new clothes that might maybe have thrown off the scent trail.

Last edited:
Although the PIs have experience with drug cartels, I'd be willing to bet a large number of current and former LE in that part of the country have also dealt with drug smugglers. So I don't read too much into that. This is a college kid going home after classes and his Jimmy Johns shift with his pet fish, gaming gear, and some reefer for the holidays. I just can't figure a drug cartel into this equation anywhere.

As for the paradoxical undressing, perhaps it was a combination of the cold, drugs, and injury. But I can't imagine he would knowingly take hallucinogens on the way home to his parents. Maybe LE will release further test results soon to confirm or not the lacing theory.

Sounds like you're replying to my post about the ex-FBI agents past experiences. I didn't mean that he had anything knowingly to do with drug smugglers or cartel... but maybe whoever he purchased the weed from, that MIGHT have been laced with something, therefore why he acted as he did, was on the radar of local LE so they are checking that angle out. Likely not the case but I haven't totally crossed it off my list. :)

Their full statement addresses many of the conspiracies circulating and they put them to rest.
You will find several in past threads.
But the quickest way is to read their statement again...
there was only Jason in the vehicle
-he did not plan on meeting anybody, had not stopped for a major drug purchase, he did drive his own vehicle etc etc etc..
A lot of them arose from the erroneous fox headline stating his backpack was filled with narcotics, others were simpler suggesting he had never left his place of residence at all and that somebody else drove the vehicle and that it was a planned disappearance.

I see what you are saying now. I didn't think that was a conspiracy theory as much as not having enough information to rule anything out. I am glad LE cleared the air.

The PIs were most likely hired by the family or offered their services pro bono to the family and they accepted. Unlikely that LE would hire private investigators.

MOO
I have never seen LE include private PI's in an official statement or on the receiving end of tips so I don't think that is the case, personally.

I feel like LE does not think there is anything illegal or foul play involved and that is why they are giving the public so much information.

I am glad they are sharing so much.....hoping locals can shed some light on what might have happened.

Paradoxical Undressing

I don’t at all believe this was paradoxical undressing. I also don’t believe his condition, when he undressed, was fatal. IMO

I looked back a few pages and could not find where this informative/detailed article was posted. If someone already posted it, I apologize for duplication.

This is from FOX26 - Houston, TX via FOX7 - Austin, TX. It was posted on Friday, 1/29/21.

There has been a huge number of acreage searched in the extensive search for Jason (per the linked article). I know Jason did not vanish in the air! Very mysterious case!

Snipped:

"Texas Search and Rescue TEXSAR conducted an extensive search in which 3,900+ acres were searched by foot, horse, and canines with another 16,900+ acres by air, using drones, fixed-wing, and helicopters, says CCSO. Additional searches for Landry are being planned and organized."

~~~ End of snip ~~~

New details released in search for missing Texas State student

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads