Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it?

If you were offered the Pfizer vaccine in the next 30 days would you take it?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I deleted a long and proper response to your post about Texas and vaccinations.

I'd like you to go to your huge green shaded map and look at the LAND MASS in TEXAS.
I'm too angry to respond with all salient points, but if you lived in a state with the land mass of what 3 other states has, don't you think it might be making a huge difference?

Also, there are huge and deep areas of " Good Old Boys" who will be anti-vaxxer conspiracists forever. They will die of some disease for lack or preventative care, if not COVID, then the next mass outbreak of a viral or bacterial infection.

Those two factors can't be changed. The borders aren't going to shrink, and militants are not going to change their minds, most likely.

I live in a county which is " city adjacent" but is designated as more "rural" because the degreed professionals drive to the DFW area and live 3o miles away in a different county which is full of beautiful natural area of lakes, rivers, and recreational areas in our many private communities. I do not believe that the emergency response hub in my city could have possibly been any more swift or any better organized for the population it serves.

I'm proud of Texas's response and effort to combat COVID as both an advanced practice Registered Nurse and a Behavioral Psychologist.

Next time you're in the area, try to drive either from an east or west Texas state border to the opposite border in ONE DAY or North to South in A DAY. Then you'll understand massive.

I won't be discussing this topic again. It's truly getting ridiculous as Texas IS doing great work, and we have a coordinated COVID response team in Texas which is working long hard hours to rollout new vaccine hubs in rural areas. However many there are, they can't get vaccinated the people who don't want to participate.
Last word on the subject.

I don't know why you're so angry at me for simply posting a link.

I live in Texas and have lived here most of my life (over 50 years). I'm pretty familiar with the geography, politics, and Texas psyche. I am a working RN. I've been pleased with the North Texas vaccine rollout that I have observed, but I'm not everywhere, and the link posted is simply based on facts.

I am not impressed with recent events in Texas in terms of cancelling the mask mandate and opening up 100% when we are not at the finish line yet, but that has little to do with vaccine rollout.

Texas has a lot of work to do in terms of putting the people first, but in terms of vaccine rollout, I'm optimistic it will improve.

How long did the random dizziness last? I’ve been having some dizziness but I take several meds that can occasionally cause it, but seeing your post I realized maybe it’s a side effect. I got my first dose (Pfizer) last Wednesday. The dizziness isn’t bad and only lasts a few seconds, mostly when I first sit up preparing to stand.

It was gone by day 3, post 2nd vaccination

I had the same experience as you - it never lasted very long, just long enough to be aware of it

I agree. My 31 yr old daughter is a preschool teacher and qualifies to get a vaccine because she is. When I asked her yesterday if she is getting one, her reply was,” well, I’m not real sure about these shots....” my 41 year old son cautioned me not to get the vaccine Bill Gates researched because he wants my DNA for his data bank...I know these are well educated, otherwise intelligent adults. They make me want to pound my head....I raised them better.

Well, if she's "not sure" that potentially leaves room for some optimism. Maybe when she sees people all around her getting the vaccine and none of them dying or otherwise coming to harm, she might be convinced.

Your son...hmmm, probably not likely. But you never know!

We're due for our second Moderna shot next week. Has anyone had side effects with that enough that it would make you stay home from work?

I had my second dose of Moderna this week, and had planned to take two days off work in advance. Even though I work remotely, I wasn't sure what the side effects would be, so planned two days off. I'm glad I did. About 12 hours after the second dose I had high fever, extreme fatigue, aches and pains, slight headache, felt nauseated, and overall had to just sleep. I wouldn't have been able to work, even remotely. I was told by the medical professionals that the side effects could last from 36-48 hours, and that was about right.

My DH, on the other hand, had the second Pfizer dose, and he had only mild fatigue and no other symptoms.

My three over 60 sisters and one brother got their Pfizer jabs three days ago, and they all are doing fine.

My oldest is a doctor, and has been in the front line, and I mean front front, working in the COVID ward since March last year. Got infected twice, fortunately she didn’t need hospitalization and healed soon. Ok, she got the vaccine recently and suffered a ton of side effects: fever, exhaustion, dizziness, etc. My poor baby! thank God and the Virgen de Guadalupe, it only lasted two days, and she is perfectly fine at this day.

Last edited:
I don't know why you're so angry at me for simply posting a link.

I live in Texas and have lived here most of my life (over 50 years). I'm pretty familiar with the geography, politics, and Texas psyche. I am a working RN. I've been pleased with the North Texas vaccine rollout that I have observed, but I'm not everywhere, and the link posted is simply based on facts.

I am not impressed with recent events in Texas in terms of cancelling the mask mandate and opening up 100% when we are not at the finish line yet, but that has little to do with vaccine rollout.

Texas has a lot of work to do in terms of putting the people first, but in terms of vaccine rollout, I'm optimistic it will improve.

I'm so sorry. COVID left me with Reactive Airway Disease ( asthma) and I've been up night and day for about a week, wheezing, coughing, and trying to get better. I have an episode about every 3 months ( in between my injections of Cortisone which have put quite a lot of weight on, which also hurts respiratory effort compared to "old normal".

I was extremely physically stressed when I posted, and I have SO MUCH at stake for my second Moderna vaccine.
Because of my viewpoint, I see ALL the rollout efforts in Texas as a true Godsend, a blessing, something that may help me have a normal lifespan that COVID almost took away.
I believe our regional hubs for the vaccinations are doing a tremendous job without breaks, without any relief, it seems. The way I worked in ICU, IOW, but for likely much less pay for them.

It does hit me very hard emotionally when people use a statistic to say " Texas isn't doing well", because that's not what I'm seeing in N. Texas.
I'm so thankful for a system that allows a younger adult into the vaccination appointments in early March. I can't get my corticosteroid injection right now because my vaccine is 12 days away and I'm very ill. Just got home from my doctor's office with 3 new meds and inhaler prescriptions and I NEED this all to work. I NEED people to be enthusiastic, and upbeat, and positive.
Mostly, I NEED my vaccine so very badly, and there are many thousands of older, chronically ill people all over the country who are waiting, and suffering various s/s while they wait. It's all we can do other than go to our doctor for more " band-aid helper" drugs.

I'm sorry, once more, and I will pray for you as you work in ICU. Please be positive and try to put forth a positive outlook. We become what we believe. :)

Just got my 2nd Moderna dose at Walgreen’s. I have to say, they’ve done a great job getting the vaccine out in my area. The waiting area had chairs spaced 6 feet apart and marked “for vaccine recipients only.”

I’ll post again if I have any side effects. The first dose was easy for me. I did have some dizziness and I felt light-headed but it was gone by post-vaccine week 3.

I had my second dose of Moderna this week, and had planned to take two days off work in advance. Even though I work remotely, I wasn't sure what the side effects would be, so planned two days off. I'm glad I did. About 12 hours after the second dose I had high fever, extreme fatigue, aches and pains, slight headache, felt nauseated, and overall had to just sleep. I wouldn't have been able to work, even remotely. I was told by the medical professionals that the side effects could last from 36-48 hours, and that was about right.

My DH, on the other hand, had the second Pfizer dose, and he had only mild fatigue and no other symptoms.

Thanks. I'm hearing more people complain of side effects with Moderna than Pfizer.

I work in a large church office and our local hospital had a Pfizer drive-thru vaccine clinic at our Family Life Center yesterday. I was the first scheduled appointment at 8am. Got there at 6am to open the building for the hospital staff and was able to go to my office to wait/work until 8. Easy. They ended up doing 600 vaccines. What was really wild was that we had people coming from all over South Carolina, like two and three+ hours away, even others from North Carolina. I talked to several who said they were making the long drive because they wanted the Pfizer shot and their area was only doing Moderna.

I had slight discomfort at the injection site and a low grade fever last night. Was also really tired (still am actually) but I did get up before 5am yesterday to be there by 6. I am not a morning person and I'm dreading the time change tonight - ugh!

To be honest, I was nervous to get the shot, in part because of that news story mickey2942 posted (Utah lady who died), which I had read the night before. We'll host another clinic on April 7, and I'm already nervous about the second shot - I am such a scaredy cat! ;) It's the first vaccine of any kind I've had as an adult.

I got my Moderna #1 two weeks ago and cannot wait for March 10 when I get #2. Hubs has had both. Daughter who is a front-line RN has had both. My youngest is a SPED teacher who has been face-to-face this entire school year- and I hope teachers are a priority once this J&J gets approved in the next week or so.

I can tell you this with assurance: Weight loss is NOT a vaccine side effect. Sadly. A girl can dream....
Had a minor side effect now called 'covid arm' about 10 days after dose one. Minor inconvenience at best. Had #2 three days ago (opposite arm) and have it again. I would trade this for Covid ANY day of the week.

I'm so sorry. COVID left me with Reactive Airway Disease ( asthma) and I've been up night and day for about a week, wheezing, coughing, and trying to get better. I have an episode about every 3 months ( in between my injections of Cortisone which have put quite a lot of weight on, which also hurts respiratory effort compared to "old normal".

I was extremely physically stressed when I posted, and I have SO MUCH at stake for my second Moderna vaccine.
Because of my viewpoint, I see ALL the rollout efforts in Texas as a true Godsend, a blessing, something that may help me have a normal lifespan that COVID almost took away.
I believe our regional hubs for the vaccinations are doing a tremendous job without breaks, without any relief, it seems. The way I worked in ICU, IOW, but for likely much less pay for them.

It does hit me very hard emotionally when people use a statistic to say " Texas isn't doing well", because that's not what I'm seeing in N. Texas.
I'm so thankful for a system that allows a younger adult into the vaccination appointments in early March. I can't get my corticosteroid injection right now because my vaccine is 12 days away and I'm very ill. Just got home from my doctor's office with 3 new meds and inhaler prescriptions and I NEED this all to work. I NEED people to be enthusiastic, and upbeat, and positive.
Mostly, I NEED my vaccine so very badly, and there are many thousands of older, chronically ill people all over the country who are waiting, and suffering various s/s while they wait. It's all we can do other than go to our doctor for more " band-aid helper" drugs.

I'm sorry, once more, and I will pray for you as you work in ICU. Please be positive and try to put forth a positive outlook. We become what we believe. :)

Stay safe. I hope you receive the second vaccine soon. I, too, feel the importance of the vaccine. I just received my second vaccine and appreciate the efforts and dedication of front-line/medical workers. My daughter is a Nicu nurse practitioner and her husband is an ER nurse at a trauma hospital. Unfortunately, they were exposed to and contacted Covid-19 before the vaccine was available. They jumped at the chance to be vaccinated. My husband and I assist with caring for their 3 little children when they work.

I pulled some strings and I’m not ashamed to admit that I knew someone that could get me vaccinated. Please dont give me any flak if you don’t agree.
Ive spent the past year social distancing, Ive stayed home, Ive practiced all the safety measures and caught covid anyway. I was willing to do what I had to to get the vaccine. I live in a state where they are fooling around and not getting the vaccine to the people. I’m a few months shy of 65 and high risk. I’d do it again in a heartbeat,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa