Found Safe TX - Brianna Morgan Gilbert, 22, went missing during shift break, Amarillo, 30 Mar 2021

One of mine has a disability. I don't see her leaving work to just "run away"- ever. She was always on time- as stated in the news. Seems like info and tapes are being held back imo.
I agree. I've been all over the place with ideas, but now it seems she likely got into a vehicle - but the question is whether the vehicle belonged to someone she knew or not?? Could she be persuaded to get into a stranger's car, or only with someone she knew?

jmo

Did any co-workers have a lunch break at the same time? Was B. the only employee to go out to the parking lot or is usually a few people out there? Did B normally take her break out there, or was this unusual?

If she didn't bring her wallet (am I'm assuming that means she didn't have money on her), did she bring food from home to eat on her break?

Did she normally spend break texting or calling her girlfriend?

Don't mean to bombard with questions - just trying to get to know B better.

jmo

I agree. I've been all over the place with ideas, but now it seems she likely got into a vehicle - but the question is whether the vehicle belonged to someone she knew or not?? Could she be persuaded to get into a stranger's car, or only with someone she knew?

jmo
The only way mine would leave work would be if someone told him I was hurt, in a wreck, etc., and he would tell his boss he was leaving, and would only leave with someone he knew. Alas, he could be fooled by a stranger, if the said they right thing, ( this hurts to say aloud) If the plant is still on 10hr shifts, I would guess she was on lunch break as well.

Last edited:
thank you for your insight! Bri is exactly the same way. She is just younger at heart.

She has been manipulated by this SO for years. She uses Bri to take care of bills, the children, everything. She hasn’t been helpful with the investigation at all and I have a feeling she has a lot to hide.
Looking back over the years, I think a few of the reasons that we allow people to take advantage of us are:
1. We don’t set boundaries and/or we don’t know when to say no. (e.g. it’s hard to identify what/how we are feeling until it’s too late, aka meltdowns, shutdowns, burnouts). And we don’t want to let others down/disappoint them.
2. We have a natural inclination to help others and although this is a great gift, it is also an exhausting one. Mentally, physically & emotionally.
3. Females on the spectrum are MUCH different than males. Unlike males, females have a strong desire to have friendships, especially with other females. They want to belong and fit in. They want relationships. (This has been proven via a huge case study, lasting several years on tens of thousands of both male and female ASDers, that show the difference between their brains using MRI brain scans. And IMHAspieO, this is why so many autistic females go undiagnosed or under-diagnosed for so long, especially us older Aspies. Also, I have the link to the study, and will post it if I can dig through my copious amounts of research and find it!) This was true for me, for most of my entire life. And thus allowing myself to be used.
Added #4 @ 12:57AM: When we are younger we really don’t realize when and how people use us. It’s like we’re utterly blind, and completely oblivious. Until sometimes it’s too late. MOO.

I’m hoping & praying that Brianna is found safe, and soon!

ETA: When I was younger, I always found it easier to form friendships with older adults, and now I find it easier to have friendships with younger people, like 18 and under. Like my son’s friends, especially when he was in high school. And the children of my friends at church. I don’t know if this applies to all autistics or if it’s just me. And I don’t even know why I’m like this, but I am. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Welcome, Taylor, I'm so very sorry for all that you're going through.

Because we're scattered all over the world, in different time zones, please know that some of us are right beside you, every minute of your day and night.

Have you seen the girlfriends phone? Were they fighting just before Breanna went missing? I was leaning towards her walking away, but now I am concerned someone convinced her to go with them (we will be right back!) and then hurt her.

I thought drugs too. Maybe she was getting something from the Hispanic male! She gets in the car to do the deal and he drives off!
Moo

What about drugs? Any chance drugs are playing into this?

thank you for your insight! Bri is exactly the same way. She is just younger at heart.

She has been manipulated by this SO for years. She uses Bri to take care of bills, the children, everything. She hasn’t been helpful with the investigation at all and I have a feeling she has a lot to hide.
Hi Taylor - Do you think Bri was aware that she was being manipulated? Or would that need to be pointed out to her? MOO

Do we know the time the end of her shift was, when it was that SM was supposed to pick her up?

Trying to decipher the text exchange. SM wrote “It’s been 3 hours since I’ve heard anything from you”, and that came before she wrote “Now it’s midnight”, then later “I’m on my way”.

Why I wonder is because stating “It’s been 3 hours since I’ve heard anything from you” seems odd to me if Brianna was still supposed to be working her shift at the time. Thinking on it more, however, maybe it’s because I’m older and didn’t grow up with smartphones (no texting then). What I’m wondering is if it sounds controlling to those of you younger if not hearing from an SO in 3 hours would be unusual while the other was working.

Or, was it 3 hours past her shift time ending, and that’s why SM was concerned? But she says sometime after midnight “I’m on my way”, so I’m confused as to when Brianna’s shift was to be over.

Bring Brianna Gilbert Home page phone texts
Facebook
I'm a little older than BG, about 10 years but I still find that to be a little needy. There are times that I'll only hear from my boyfriend once per his shift, depending on how busy it is & who else is on duty. I don't panic or blow up his phone.

I'm a little older than BG, about 10 years but I still find that to be a little needy. There are times that I'll only hear from my boyfriend once per his shift, depending on how busy it is & who else is on duty. I don't panic or blow up his phone.
I’d actually be surprised that employees are allowed to have phones on the floor, especially hearing that they have lockers.

And I agree, the texts do not set well with me. I see the time mentions as redundant and odd.

Looking back over the years, I think a few of the reasons that we allow people to take advantage of us are:
1. We don’t set boundaries and/or we don’t know when to say no. (e.g. it’s hard to identify what/how we are feeling until it’s too late, aka meltdowns, shutdowns, burnouts). And we don’t want to let others down/disappoint them.
2. We have a natural inclination to help others and although this is a great gift, it is also an exhausting one. Mentally, physically & emotionally.
3. Females on the spectrum are MUCH different than males. Unlike males, females have a strong desire to have friendships, especially with other females. They want to belong and fit in. They want relationships. (This has been proven via a huge case study, lasting several years on tens of thousands of both male and female ASDers, that show the difference between their brains using MRI brain scans. And IMHAspieO, this is why so many autistic females go undiagnosed or under-diagnosed for so long, especially us older Aspies. Also, I have the link to the study, and will post it if I can dig through my copious amounts of research and find it!) This was true for me, for most of my entire life. And thus allowing myself to be used.
Added #4 @ 12:57AM: When we are younger we really don’t realize when and how people use us. It’s like we’re utterly blind, and completely oblivious. Until sometimes it’s too late. MOO.

ETA: When I was younger, I always found it easier to form friendships with older adults, and now I find it easier to have friendships with younger people, like 18 and under. Like my son’s friends, especially when he was in high school. And the children of my friends at church. I don’t know if this applies to all autistics or if it’s just me. And I don’t even know why I’m like this, but I am. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Your posts are so informative, interesting, and useful. Thank you.

Is sticking to a routine important? And being thrown off a routine is difficult and uncomfortable?

jmo

IF Brianna did choose to leave the relationship, she couldn't have done it without support. Does she have friends/acquaintances she could be staying with? Picking her up mid-shift would ensure that her gf wasn't around. She also left her stuff behind to avoid raising suspicion. I wonder how their previous breakups went. Did she rely on her family's support?

Thank you for your insights. I'm curious now, after reading about the difference between male and female autistics and their desire to have women friends. It's got me thinking about SM's cheating and it's not with women but men. Up until your explanation I assumed that SM was gay and that her children were the result of surrogacy or male relationships before she discovered she was gay. Now it raises the question if Brianna's absence is based on the ultimate betrayal. This is pure speculation on my part but it would be a testament to how manipulative SM could be to enter into a relationship mainly for financial reasons and exploit Brianna. That would change her absence to me as more in the endangered category.

No updates yet. Of course they took the weekend off for the holidays but urged us to continue to hound the news stations to keep it on air and to exhaust all of our options on social media and the internet.
Taylor, Thank you and welcome! So very sorry you are going through this. Please let us know whatever we can do to help you. Feel free to reach out in personal messages if there are things you don’t want to discuss publicly.

Brianna and this girl have been on and off together for about 4 years but are engaged now. As we’ve begun to dig everything up, we’ve realized that her gf has been cheating on her regularly.
Maybe her other (secret?) relationships are the reason why the gf isn't forthcoming. We have no information that Brianna told anyone recently that she was unhappy with her partner and wanted to leave. Yet most people (even the gf) appear to be assuming that she's missing voluntarily. I hope the police obtain camera footage that could rule out an abduction.

Thank you SillyBilly! That was record time for verification, and on Easter Sunday no less; thank you!
<rsbm>

Thanks roses, but I can't take all that credit. The accolades should go to our hard-working WS verification expert who does all the work. I just get to make the announcement that makes it look like I do some stuff around here ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back