MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #11 - Chauvin Trial Day 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really disappointed that this witness Reyerson agreed to that other statement fed to him by Nelson. Now he’s saying GF is saying “I ain’t do no drugs” but the damage is done. Now it looks like he’s backpedaling.

And it looks really bad when the jurors will find out that he did do drugs IMO

I'm not sure this helped he State at all, I think it makes the witness and the State look bad. BUT JMO

I'm not sure this helped he State at all, I think it makes the witness and the State look bad. BUT JMO

I haven’t been impressed at all with the state expert and the BCA witness. They came off unprepared and less than thorough on direct. They were not strong witnesses for the state. They did well on cross and came of credible but there were a few times where Nelson was playing word tricks and they were too agreeable. I guarantee the defense experts WILL NOT be so agreeable on cross!

He said he had been hooping. His behaviour was weird before his arrest. It doesn’t matter what he said; it’s the toxicology and other autopsy findings that we should rely on. This seems to me to be a total sideshow.
I agree. The toxicology is very important. Just that it's a totally different take as to what the Defense is claiming

I think the jurors already know or suspect it. It was in the call before the police even arrived and it has nothing to do with DC's actions except that if DC knew it, he should have gotten off his neck.

True but I think I would draw a reasonable conclusion that it is more than likely that a known drug user who has been asked if he was taking drugs was referring to drug use rather than any other recreational activity.

On the other hand, it's very common for a person who is on drugs to deny they are on drugs.....especially to LE. And GF's girlfriend stated on the stand that GF loved playing sports and played them often.

On the other hand, it's very common for a person who is on drugs to deny they are on drugs.....especially to LE. And GF's girlfriend stated on the stand that GF loved playing sports and played them often.
That just doesn’t seem to fit the context of the conversation to me, though.
Did Nelson ask her about hooping? I didn’t listen to her evidence.

So state and prosecution are arguing about the fluid that's on the floor. I thought before today that it wasn't bodily fluid but state seem to not be discounting that by their question just now about AC still running in the car and therefore no condensation...

If this is bodily fluid, would that not be evident on the clothes he was wearing. Were the clothes destroyed before being able to be examined? Samples of the fluid on the floor would have been taken at the scene no? I'm confused as to why this is being argued. It should be known either way and therefore not arguable?...

I think that perhaps the reason the liquid has been mentioned at this stage is to help refute testimony about GF being dead at this time.

I think it was GH (the FF/EMT) who testified that she saw what she thought was urine coming from Mr Floyd's body as he lay on the ground, and she used that to infer that he was already dead, and that DC had KILLED him.

Disputing that it was urine, and instead AC, or other condensate, helps to add uncertainty about when EXACTLY Mr Floyd died, and therefore could be seen to lessen DC's culpability, and further reasonable doubt IMO.

I'm not passing judgement on it either way, but I think that is what they are getting at. We will see...

I think that perhaps the reason the liquid has been mentioned at this stage is to help refute testimony about GF being dead at this time.

I think it was GH (the FF/EMT) who testified that she saw what she thought was urine coming from Mr Floyd's body as he lay on the ground, and she used that to infer that he was already dead, and that DC had KILLED him.

Disputing that it was urine, and instead AC, or other condensate, helps to add uncertainty about when EXACTLY Mr Floyd died, and therefore could be seen to lessen DC's culpability, and further reasonable doubt IMO.

I'm not passing judgement on it either way, but I think that is what they are getting at. We will see...

Appreciate this thanks. I was really struggling to see the point. But also we now know that a sample of the fluid was not taken at the scene. No forensic evidence was collected at the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa