Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LaurenScharfTV
To view, COURT DOCUMENTS for 2021CR78 People of the State of Colorado v. Barry Lee Morphew check out this link: https://bit.ly/3tuwFPS Anyone can now view the Order regarding the Public Release of Arrest Affidavit & the Order regarding Request for Media Coverage. #findsuzanne
12:21 PM · May 7, 2021·Twitter Web App

Colorado Judicial Branch

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...rest/21CR78/EMC order 05_06_21 advisement.pdf

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...der re Public Release of Arrest Affidavit.pdf

Trying to catch up here. I’m so grateful to see that Suzanne’s sister is speaking up. She clearly has shared information with LE that will be vital to the prosecution’s case.

Barry said in November “People don’t know the truth.”

Well, Barry, you’re in luck...
Very soon - we will ALL know the truth.

jmo

It seems most reasonable after hearing the latest from Suzanne's sister - that she was scared - she most likely wanted out and was not sure how to proceed. BM most likely sensed this for a while and then IMO - started making plans. I can imagine that the camping trip for the girls was planned somewhat ahead. Giving a window to act.

I’m so proud of CCSO/CBI & FBI. Get a load of this - LE had moved in next door to Barry in the condo! :) :)
At 56:40 CM says LE was living in the condo right next door to Barry!
Wait a minute. That guy who lives next door and who spoke to a reporter, who moved in some 6 months ago or so......he's a COP? Barry lives in the end unit, so his only next door neighbor is that man.

Interesting that the prosecution has no objection to it being released. Also love the reference to the "length " of it.

Wow. I have to say I am shocked. Who does that? I've been active in groups for abused/stalked women for many years, but for a husband to do this in an apparently functional marriage certainly sent shockwaves around their friend group.

This pushes me even further into my belief that Barry was super-controlling and that even if he didn't move to CO to escape the death penalty, he certainly moved to Puma Path to isolate Suzanne. There's a big web of crazy behavior, IMO. I would say Suzanne must have lived in fear.

I too think Barry was a cheater. And probably has done all the things he's accused others of doing (such as using meth). He thinks throwing the first blow is a good strategy. and that his own godly, manly self is so believable, so trustworthy that everyone will always believe him over everyone else.

And once he began acting entirely the opposite of his Godly Christian Man image, he became opportunistic and sinned more and more. The minister at their church said he spoke to her, after Suzanne's disappearance, about forgiveness and whether everything is truly forgiven by God...I believe she replied that yes, all is forgiven if only the person truly repents. That's what I was taught, too. This can make for a rather chaotic worldview, if you ask me.

(The minister appeared on youtube - if anyone knows which one, please help jog my memory).
I was struck with a thought while reading your post. Which by-the-way, given what we have observed of him for almost a year - is on target.

My thought - there were two witnesses to the marriage and behavior you describe. Who even if they were not present for every instance, or if it was whitewashed for them by Suzanne. Would still have knowledge which would be valuable to the investigation. But it's likely whether due to trauma, or just sheer loyalty/long-time pattern of obedience they will not allow themselves to think Dad killed their Mom.

After listening to Chris talk about Barry, especially his childhood. It's given me a sense of the world Suzanne and the girls lived in. Somehow it seems Suzanne's family was less valued than Barry's. I've seen this pattern in real life, where the man is very controlling. Anyone who did not 100% back his behavior was denigrated.

Look what Barry said about Suzanne's family and how she cried about the way she was treated. That was hog-wash!!

Barry Morphew Was 'Dominant' in Relationship With Missing Colorado Mom Suzanne Morphew, Her Sister Says
It sounds as if Suzanne was gearing-up to tell her sister
what she wanted to say, but didn't quite say it.

She said SM "had been ready to share something."

I think that last message was a precursor to a potential
bombshell, but SM never got the chance to continue.

I'm not sensing that the message had anything directly
revealing about her situation. If it had, I don't think the
sister would have said that at first she didn’t believe BM
could have anything to do with her disappearance.

Perhaps now, upon reflection, she can sense something
between the lines; but I don't think anything was openly
stated by Suzanne - although she was seemingly headed
in that direction.

(Unless Melinda was a super cool customer from the start;
telling the police, but not letting BM know what she knew!)

moo

I agree.

Although SM's sister's statements seem contradictory..."I didn't suspect him at first--I knew he was responsible when I heard SM was missing) the main point is that SM used her phone to text a long message that could have been read by her control-freak husband at any time after it was sent on Friday. It sounds like it could be a message that BM would immediately take as negative knowing the true circumstances, compared to her sister having to reflect on it for some time. Was that text the impetus of a violent show down? Regardless, SM's cell phone had to disappear.

Barry Morphew Was 'Dominant' in Relationship With Missing Colorado Mom Suzanne Morphew, Her Sister Says

I agree.

Although SM's sister's statements seem contradictory..."I didn't suspect him at first--I knew he was responsible when I heard SM was missing) the main point is that SM used her phone to text a long message that could have been read by her control-freak husband at any time after it was sent on Friday. It sounds like it could be a message that BM would immediately take as negative knowing the true circumstances, compared to her sister having to reflect on it for some time. Was that text the impetus of a violent show down? Regardless, SM's cell phone had to disappear.

I don't think the DA believes that's what happened. While that scenario could support the first degree "with deliberation" murder charge, I think the DA believes there was more advance planning.

I've read this more than once, but never seen it confirmed by MSM or LE or another reliable source. It has always seemed odd to me if it was a church event. May 2020 was two months into the COVID pandemic. My own area was locked down. The university was mostly closed (except for a select few labs for sciences) and students from daycare to elementary to college were sent home for in-person learning the remainder of the year. In my community, there were signs urging people to limit trips away from home. This was even before masks were commonly available and social distancing while out was encouraged. People stayed home unless they worked essential jobs.

Also, the Sunday on which the daughters returned was Mothers' Day.

For both of these reasons, I find it implausible that a church would be sponsoring a camp that particular week.

I can't speak for all Baptist churches of course, but having been a member/attendant of Baptist churches for the last 20+ years, in my own experience, a church sponsored camping trip on Mother's Day weekend, is literally unheard of.

Further, the Salida church they were members of, was already holding Sunday services online - so they were already following the guidelines of the local health authorities, which most definitely would have nixed any kind of camping trip.

I think the truth behind this "coincidental" camping trip the same weekend their mom went "missing", will be a lot closer to what many of us assume. There are just way too many coincidental events stacking up just right, all on the same weekend.

jmo

Definitely doesn't require electronic searches.
He is a hunter, knows of the rugged areas, and places to dispose of bodies/evidence.
Definitely a fact that he knows the back country well. But I am from the mountains - and especially around there. There is a reason they are called the Rocky Mountains - lol. They are hard rock granite in every direction from Maysville. ( Oh yes - for at least 200 miles !!! ) BM knew this of course. And I doubt that he would lead anyone into the areas that he frequently hunted. I am thinking about a softer target. And after hearing about the cement ??

I thought it was Tuesday or Wednesday.
Posted by Lauren Scharf on her FB account as a follow up answer, the following statement from the housekeeper Lauren interviewed who says she saw the Morphews on Wed before MD.

The housekeeper didn’t want to go on camera as she had been cleaning the rental units in Morphews neighborhood.

Quoting:
Bridget Bulker (housekeeper)
"I went there (dumpster) it was late up in the evening and when I throw the thing over, she and her husband came to see who was throwing trash in there and I had like seven bags to throw in. They didn't know who I was. They asked why I was dumping? I said I manage properties up the road and they said oh okay! Now that we know who you are.

When I heard that she went missing, I said dang, I just talked to her a couple of days ago. People come and camp and they put things in the dumpster, so they were wondering if that was the case. That's all it is. They were going for a walk, on an evening walk."

When I asked if I could do an interview on camera she said NO I'm a mess... I've been cleaning. Can I report what you've said she replied yes.

"I think it was a Wednesday afternoon before she went missing. I had some guests that were here that had to leave because of corona. But then I came up here to take out all of the food that was inside, to take everything out. I was throwing things out because I didn't know so that's why I was there.

Those two is rental properties and their house and around here there are two people who live there. All of the people who live in this area are friendly. They'll talk to you because they all know each other. As I said, the dumpster they all pay for it. So it is a community. They all know each other."
End Quote.
There is no media link to post.

Error505, Jul 24, 2020Report
#8Like
Reposting from Thread 22-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors