TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another missing Texan (who walked away from his abandoned vehicle) found by land surveyors in the area previously searched. It happens. #Rip Alan.

Found Deceased - TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

that one we don't know how Alan left his vehicle (or even cause of death) It was definitely not a car crash like JL.

there have been two other cases recently with a single-car crash and both persons left the car without their phone: Kevin Rosen (found deceased) and C.B. (Liberty, TX; found alive).

Although LE has made some poor judgments/errors, I doubt a scenario where they looked inside, found the phone, and chucked it back in. It seems that LE considered it a "abandoned car" type situation and wouldn't have any reason to enter the car or otherwise look around. There would also have been no reason to check if the car was driveable - the driver wasn't there, the priority was to move it so that it doesn't block traffic.

It has come up whether the clothes found could have been from his backpack. I am of the camp that it wasn't. His backpack had a laptop, his PS4 (gaming equipment), and his wallet - seems pretty full. The apt complex Jason lived in has a washer and dryer in every apt, so there wouldn't have been any reason for him to bring clothes home, and I doubt he would have only packed one set. KL's description of how he found the clothing also suggests that Jason was running/walking as he took his clothing off - his shirt, pants, slides, underwear - not randomly scattered.

Speculation/MOO.

Help! I dont see where Dad orLE being Quoted as saying the clothing was scattered.

Maybe just a poster’s feelings?

may I suggest a quote or dont use “scattered”?

In either one of the articles or the interview w/ Jason’s dad, wasn’t it shared nobody entered the vehicle until his father did at the tow yard?
(Or am I getting cases mixed up?!)
You say JL’s clothed “were scattered among the highway”

Is this your interpretation or can you supply a quote using the word from Kent ir LE using the word “scattered”?

You say JL’s clothed “were scattered among the highway”

Is this your interpretation or can you supply a quote using the word from Kent ir LE using the word “scattered”?

The post you quoted from me doesn’t show that I used the word ‘scattered’. That quote was me responding to a member’s post about whether anyone entered the vehicle that night.
However, I believe I responded to your question about the word ‘scattered’ earlier this week when asked.
The word scattered was used in the particular article linked below by its author. It was not a word I chose/interpreted or a word Jason’s father used.
Family, investigators push for geofence warrant in Jason Landry case

The words Jason’s father used to describe the clothes can be found in the interview.

I went back to the interview with Jason’s father and listened to the part concerning his clothes in the roadway. It starts at the 57:57 mark.
Jason’s father was asked, “Was his clothes in a pile?
The father’s reply (58:17 mark): “No, they were NOT in one pile.

He then continues: “They (articles of clothing) were near but separate. His watch was under his t-shirt. A few feet forward would be his slides, then socks, then shorts, underwear...all within (this trail of clothes) less than 100 yards.”

The post you quoted from me doesn’t show that I used the word ‘scattered’. That quote was me responding to a member’s post about whether anyone entered the vehicle that night.

However, I believe I responded to your question about the word ‘scattered’ earlier this week when asked.
The word scattered was used in the particular article linked below by its author. It was not a word I chose/interpreted or a word Jason’s father used.

The words Jason’s father used to describe the clothes can be found in the interview.

I went back to the interview with Jason’s father and listened to the part concerning his clothes in the roadway. It starts at the 57:57 mark.

He then continues: “They (articles of clothing) were near but separate. His watch was under his t-shirt. A few feet forward would be his slides, then socks, then shorts, underwear...all within (this trail of clothes) less than 100 yards.”
Thank you Mihenn for clearing this up
and for your research.

^^^^^ This! It drives me crazy to see people continue to believe that the clothes were not spread out on the *gravel* road. Somewhere along the line someone decided that because JL's watch happened to fall to the ground with the straps spread out & laying flat, that that meant that all of his clothes must have been neatly folded and gently placed in some kind of tidy little pile like it had just come back from the cleaners or something. But that is NEVER what was said.

Last edited:
I believe Jason's father reported the car door was unlocked but I don't ever recall reading that the door was left "open." MOO
I'm not going to dig back thru pages & pages of posts but it seems like there was a comment made by someone early on where the way the comment was made left it a little open to debate about whether they meant to imply that the door was left physically open, or if it was only left unlocked. And it seemed like it was thought (at least by me anyway) that "unlocked" was more likely what the comment was intended to mean. MOO

I'm not going to dig back thru pages & pages of posts but it seems like there was a comment made by someone early on where the way the comment was made left it a little open to debate about whether they meant to imply that the door was left physically open, or if it was only left unlocked. And it seemed like it was thought (at least by me anyway) that "unlocked" was more likely what the comment was intended to mean. MOO

I think the post you're thinking about is the one below, which was answering this question (BBM):

SimplyCass said:
I believe the driver side was locked, passenger was open. KL found the keys inside the car.

TX - TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

I believe that the use of the word 'open' meant "unlocked", but @SimplyCass could have to answer to know for sure.

I think a lot of confusion can stem from people's interpretation of words. open/unlocked, gravel road/highway just to name a few. You mean unlocked but say open (which means the same thing to that person), then someone reading it sees 'open' and thinks the door is OPEN (allowing a person to have moved through it). "Unlocked never crosses their mind because they saw 'open'. I've seen other examples but can't think of any off the top of my head.

It's kind of like the game Operator. You hear something, and by the time the statement gets to the last person, it's totally changed. Also, time seems to change how things can be remembered. I know I'm guilty of it. lol :p

I am trying to find reasons for the disrobing and found this:
Users of the stimulant designer drug are reportedly running through the streets naked, screaming, and in a fit of rage. Vivid hallucinations characterize the “high” created by use of Flakka, as is a body temperature that can skyrocket up to 106 degrees. Users who take too much often rip off their clothes, sweat profusely, and freak out,
Unfortunately, users often inadvertently take more than the tiny amount that constitutes a low dose of the drug and end up experiencing:

• Agitation
  • Rapid heart rate
  • Elevated body temperature
  • Extreme anxiety and paranoia
  • Hallucinations
  • Psychosis
    Users of Flakka risk experiencing a heart attack or stroke due to the rapid heart rate caused by the substance. Additionally, the drug can cause the breakdown of muscle tissue and kidney failure, even after short-term.

• It could explain the crash and disrobing.
  • But it does not explain why he was not found nearby.

I am trying to find reasons for the disrobing and found this:
Users of the stimulant designer drug are reportedly running through the streets naked, screaming, and in a fit of rage. Vivid hallucinations characterize the “high” created by use of Flakka, as is a body temperature that can skyrocket up to 106 degrees. Users who take too much often rip off their clothes, sweat profusely, and freak out,
Unfortunately, users often inadvertently take more than the tiny amount that constitutes a low dose of the drug and end up experiencing:

• Agitation
  • Rapid heart rate
  • Elevated body temperature
  • Extreme anxiety and paranoia
  • Hallucinations
  • Psychosis
    Users of Flakka risk experiencing a heart attack or stroke due to the rapid heart rate caused by the substance. Additionally, the drug can cause the breakdown of muscle tissue and kidney failure, even after short-term.

• It could explain the crash and disrobing.
  • But it does not explain why he was not found nearby.
I still think he’s likely out there somewhere either in the search area or a little outside of it. In the state you describe he could have gone further than we think or really have gotten himself burrowed in somewhere. Even experienced searchers miss people all the time. A bad drug reaction could explain a lot.

Welcome!

I still think he’s likely out there somewhere either in the search area or a little outside of it. In the state you describe he could have gone further than we think or really have gotten himself burrowed in somewhere. Even experienced searchers miss people all the time. A bad drug reaction could explain a lot.

Welcome!

Very much so agreed. This happened to a local couple. Husband was a construction contractor and out of state for work. She talked to him at 4:30pm. Him and a coworker stopped by a bar for a drink and left at 7:30pm heading to coworkers hotel. All of a sudden he started being super weird flicking a pocket knife and refusing to speak. Drove on interstate past their exit, refusing to stop or respond. At almost state line coworker grabbed the wheel in an attempt to stop and they had an accident. Coworker got out and ran away. He tried to continue driving but truck was damaged and could not go. Coworker was picked up shortly after at next exit ramp and police were called and went to scene. No sign of the driver. Later located the knife, multiple smashed cell phones, his wallet, and clothes he was wearing. All in various places. Many searches and two months later they had not found him, nor any further clues.

A local large business was less than 1/2 mile away and at two months later located a naked man deceased in a culvert on the property. STILL was not tied to missing man. The wife was beyond diligent in doing absolutely anything she could think of and had his information put in Namus. The deceased mans info also was, and was matched. Turns out they had in fact done hard drugs and it is believed he had a psychotic reaction that caused all the mannerisms, undressing, and hiding in the culvert. Crazy to think it wasn’t put together it was him until the namus match was made, less than a 1/2 mile from where he went missing! But I don’t personally know the area, crime rates, etc that may have contributed to not being matched up immediately.

So I always think of him in cases like this, and especially in Jason’s case. I too think he is near the crash location, and has been overlooked.

Very much so agreed. This happened to a local couple. Husband was a construction contractor and out of state for work. She talked to him at 4:30pm. Him and a coworker stopped by a bar for a drink and left at 7:30pm heading to coworkers hotel. All of a sudden he started being super weird flicking a pocket knife and refusing to speak. Drove on interstate past their exit, refusing to stop or respond. At almost state line coworker grabbed the wheel in an attempt to stop and they had an accident. Coworker got out and ran away. He tried to continue driving but truck was damaged and could not go. Coworker was picked up shortly after at next exit ramp and police were called and went to scene. No sign of the driver. Later located the knife, multiple smashed cell phones, his wallet, and clothes he was wearing. All in various places. Many searches and two months later they had not found him, nor any further clues.

A local large business was less than 1/2 mile away and at two months later located a naked man deceased in a culvert on the property. STILL was not tied to missing man. The wife was beyond diligent in doing absolutely anything she could think of and had his information put in Namus. The deceased mans info also was, and was matched. Turns out they had in fact done hard drugs and it is believed he had a psychotic reaction that caused all the mannerisms, undressing, and hiding in the culvert. Crazy to think it wasn’t put together it was him until the namus match was made, less than a 1/2 mile from where he went missing! But I don’t personally know the area, crime rates, etc that may have contributed to not being matched up immediately.

So I always think of him in cases like this, and especially in Jason’s case. I too think he is near the crash location, and has been overlooked.
Wow! That’s crazy! But I’ve seen it happen before on WS, and there are a few missing people I can think of who were known drug users (meth) and disappeared under unusual circumstances and still haven’t been found. Brandon Lawson and Lauren Thompson are two Texans that I’m thinking of.
We certainly don’t know that Jason did any hard drugs—we only know of the small amount of weed found in his backpack, but we don’t know everything about him and there’s always the possibility of him taking something unknowingly.

No doubt, it does happen. But... is there an MSM link in that thread that says this man (AW) walked away from his abandoned vehicle?

Body of KPMG Executive James Alan White Found in Dallas 6 Months After He Was Reported Missing
ALAN WHITE
Believe White was last seen on video getting into his car at a gas station. His car was then located abandoned. His remains were found less than a mile from where his car was located.

We do not want to derail this thread from the missing person Jason Landry.
However, to be accurate, there is as yet no mention that the missing person/now found 6 months later less than a mile from where his car was, WALKED away from his abandoned vehicle. Please see that thread for that discussion:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/tx-alan-white-55-seen-leaving-la-fitness-dallas-22-oct-2020-3.557294/page-32#post-1681501

The point is that some people who go missing from their vehicle are sometimes found very near where their vehicle was found, even months later.

Last edited:
Another theory IMO:
My nephew who came to live with me a year ago and comes from a troubled background just got shot yesterday morning in a snap chat drug deal gone bad. He was looking for exotic pot. Answered a snap chat add. Met with the seller in a parking lot. The dude got into his passenger side and he got pistoled whipped and told to get out of the car they wanted his car. He reacted by putting car in gear and was shot point blank in the side. The guy who shot him jumped out of the car while the sellers partner tried to open the drivers side door and shot the front tire. My nephew got away and luckily the bullet went through him. So my point is snap chat is a major way drug deals go down and Jason was on snap chat before he went missing. I guess because of what happened to my nephew this case really hits my nerves and I’m thinking the snap chat info they can find will reveal a lot. I hope they get the warrant to get phones in area. To me that’s the way to solve this case it’s a must. My nephew says snap chat is a major way to buy and sell drugs. He is 18 yrs old and hopefully this will scare him straight.

I think the post you're thinking about is the one below, which was answering this question (BBM):

SimplyCass said:
I believe the driver side was locked, passenger was open. KL found the keys inside the car.

TX - TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

I believe that the use of the word 'open' meant "unlocked", but @SimplyCass could have to answer to know for sure.

I think a lot of confusion can stem from people's interpretation of words. open/unlocked, gravel road/highway just to name a few. You mean unlocked but say open (which means the same thing to that person), then someone reading it sees 'open' and thinks the door is OPEN (allowing a person to have moved through it). "Unlocked never crosses their mind because they saw 'open'. I've seen other examples but can't think of any off the top of my head.

It's kind of like the game Operator. You hear something, and by the time the statement gets to the last person, it's totally changed. Also, time seems to change how things can be remembered. I know I'm guilty of it. lol :p

I would consider that more of a factual error than a misinterpretation. A few posts later I listened to it again and found i was wrong - the passenger door wasn't open at all. KL entered the car on the driver's side which was unlocked, which is not a surprise as the LE theory is that JL exited the driver side.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members