TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

tamsidea

Reaction score
Alan White was last seen leaving the LA Fitness off Haskell Avenue in Dallas after 5 a.m. on Thurs., Oct. 22.
'He just vanished into thin air': Family, friends desperate to find missing Dallas man | wfaa.com

White is married and an executive for the accounting company KPMG.

UPDATE: Reward offered for info on whereabouts of Alan White - Dallas Voice
UPDATE: There is a $10,000 reward now being offered for information leading to the known whereabouts of James Alan White. He was last seen around 6 a.m. on Oct. 22, driving out of the LA Fitness CityPlace parking lot on Haskell in a 202 black Porsche Macan, like the one pictured below, only with silver wheels. Dealer tag 8F4972.

James Alan White is 5’11” tall and weighs 160 pounds. He was last seen wearing a light gray tank top and dark gym shorts, and carrying a maroon-and-navy two-tone sling bag.

Link to MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION* thread

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Last edited by a moderator:
Apx Timeline of Events Reported:

Oct 22, 2020
4:45 am
- White and his husband, RJ, both left their home at around 4:45 a.m. Thursday, driving separate cars and going to separate gyms.
UPDATE: Alan White's car has been found; he remains missing - Dallas Voice

5:38 am - A video camera captured Alan White leaving an LA Fitness on Haskell in Dallas
'He just vanished into thin air': Family, friends desperate to find missing Dallas man | wfaa.com

Apx 6:00 am - Surveillance video released by the family on Thursday comes from the morning of Oct. 22 at around 6 a.m. at a RaceTrac at 2506 Inwood Road.
Family Releases New Surveillance Video Of Missing Dallas Man Alan White, Reward Increased

Apx 7:00 am - RJ leaves to search for Alan: When he wasn’t here at 7, I started to go look,” Jenkins said.

Police Upgrade Search for Missing Dallas Executive to ‘Endangered Missing Person'

NOTE: Don’t know the order of family arrival and police report.

At some point that morning: Alan’s brother TW flew in from West Virginia.

Within a few hours family present:
Police Upgrade Search for Missing Dallas Executive to ‘Endangered Missing Person'

Apx 11:00 am: Jenkins filed a missing person report, #188623-2020, around 11 a.m. on Thursday with Dallas police Detective Carrington.

UPDATE: Alan White's car has been found; he remains missing - Dallas Voice

Oct 27, 2020 Media Report:
So far, there’s no sign of his credit cards being used since his disappearance and his cell phone has apparently died.
The family has hired a private investigator.

Dallas Executive Alan White Missing For Almost A Week: 'He Had No Reason To Up And Leave'

Oct 29, 2020
Vehicle Located: 5800 block of Kitty Street. Between 2 bushes with keys inside:
Trackdown: $20,000 reward offered to help find James Alan White

Vehicle located, but 55-year-old Dallas man remains missing | wfaa.com

"Only thing we know was that the car was in fine shape and it was locked.”
Family pleads with community to help find missing 55-year-old Dallas man after car is found | wfaa.com

Nov 20, 2020 - search upgraded to “Endangered Missing”
Due to recent developments in the investigation, the report has been changed from a “Want to Locate” to an “Endangered Missing” person.
Endangered Missing Person – James Alan White

Dec 4, 2020 - Release that case was moved to Special Investigations Unit
UPDATE: DPD Special Investigations takes over Alan White case - Dallas Voice

May 13, 2021 - Remains found
May 14, 2021 - Remains ID’d as James Alan White

Remains Found Near Paul Quinn College ID'd As Missing Dallas Executive James Alan White

Media and Timeline Thread: TX - Alan White, 55, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 -MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE **NO DISCUSSION**

Last edited:
"Now, because (the) cause of death has not yet been determined, White’s death has still not been ruled a homicide. Because of the state of decomposition, determining (the) cause of death may be difficult, but Geist said she hopes results would be available soon that can give detectives new clues."

Alan White’s body found - Dallas Voice posted today. Nothing new, just that it hasn't been ruled a homicide yet.

"Now, because (the) cause of death has not yet been determined, White’s death has still not been ruled a homicide. Because of the state of decomposition, determining (the) cause of death may be difficult, but Geist said she hopes results would be available soon that can give detectives new clues."

Alan White’s body found - Dallas Voice posted today. Nothing new, just that it hasn't been ruled a homicide yet.
From the linked Dallas Voice piece: "Park Place Motors was unable to locate the car, even though loaner cars are normally fitted with GPS trackers. The car was found a week later about a mile from where White’s body was eventually found. At the time, police said they were waiting for results to come back from SWIFS, Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences."

SWIFS: Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences | Home

Did we already know Alan's phone was found in the vehicle ? Maybe my memory is slipping, but I don't recall that.

In addition, White’s phone was found in the car and police were waiting on warrants from Apple to unlock the phone.

Then separate warrants were required for each application on the phone. There has been no word yet from police where they were in that process or if it revealed any clues.

There's been a lot of discussion about locking keys in the car. The thing is on most cars that have an electronic fob with a removable key there is some procedure to lock the key in the car. For example, you're at the beach. You want to lock the car but you don't want to take a chance on getting the expensive key fob ruined by water, so you pull out the metal key and lock the rest of the fob in the car. It's often a complicated procedure to prevent accidentally locking the keys inside. For example, on my old car I could lock the fob inside if I tried to lock and close the door three times in a row. It wasn't a Porsche but I would be surprised if there wasn't some process to leave the fob inside and lock the car.

If he was carjacked or robbed, then why not take the phone?! With his job and salary it would have been guaranteed to be a top of the range model with plenty of GB storage.
That's very odd the phone was left behind....and the SIM cars taken out is even more odd.
You only do that if you don't want to be tracked, don't you? And whether Alan or someone else did it, I don't know.

From the linked Dallas Voice piece: "Park Place Motors was unable to locate the car, even though loaner cars are normally fitted with GPS trackers. The car was found a week later about a mile from where White’s body was eventually found. At the time, police said they were waiting for results to come back from SWIFS, Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences."

SWIFS: Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences | Home

Makes curious if it was a random miss and the vehicle didn’t have one, or if it was disabled in some way.

I believe that was speculation, that the phone was either turned off, or had the sim card removed around 6:30 the morning he went missing.
*If* the sim card was removed, it *suggests* a certain age range of the Perp. That is generalizing of course, as there are techno savvy people of all ages, but in the context of a suspicious death, it helps refine the potential Perp profile.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Makes curious if it was a random miss and the vehicle didn’t have one, or if it was disabled in some way.
I believe when it was discussed before that the factory "tracking" service required monthly subscription. The dealer may have chosen to forgo the expense because they aren't renting to the general public but to a customer who will return to their own car.

Independent rental companies, as well as many buy-here, pay-here type cars lots will put their own GPS tracker in a vehicle.

Theory
Alan and husband lived in a million+ home.
Alan had a seemingly high paying job. We don't know if Rusty is also in a high paying position.
What if Alan had been followed, watched or stalked to get his routine. He was then kidnapped and held for ransom and/or blackmail type situation.
Could that be why his status was changed from missing to endangered a month later?
Could that be why there was not many, if any, searches?
Could that be why the family stayed quiet?

As to the phone, this is new information. It has never been said his phone was in the car. Further, I feel that LE does NOT feel this is a suicide but a homicide. IMO

I believe when it was discussed before that the factory "tracking" service required monthly subscription. The dealer may have chosen to forgo the expense because they aren't renting to the general public but to a customer who will return to their own car.

Independent rental companies, as well as many buy-here, pay-here type cars lots will put their own GPS tracker in a vehicle.
Even without a subscription it still tracks by gps. I think it must have been disabled.

What my other takeaway from this article was the following:

“In addition, White’s phone was found in the car and police were waiting on warrants from Apple to unlock the phone.

Then separate warrants were required for each application on the phone.”

His husband didn’t know the code to unlock it, or is some law against his husband providing it? It could be because some privacy laws, I have no idea.
Any lawyer around, please?

Yes this is completely new information about the phone having been found in the car! I can’t believe that months later they still haven’t accessed the information they need from it. Combined with the fact that they didn’t search the nearby woods properly this seems like really poor detective work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back