Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks are not usually that relevant to me but it is to Lori.
Lori identifies as being blonde. It is very important to her.
Her natural very dark hair is not complimentary to her fair skin.
As a hairdresser it is probably exacerbated 10fold for her. ;)

moo

Vislaw (or others) help me out here. As a Canadian, I am not sure of the law there. In Canada, it would not matter if she was arraigned as a co-conspirator or not (she was indicated) - is the US the same? If she wasn't arraigned, would she still be a "co-conspirator" such that statements /declarations could still fall within the hearsay exception? If not is it possible that was why Means chose to continue (so she wouldn't yet be a co-conspirator)? I am thinking this because of the stay put on her hearings - it would suggest LV may be turning .....

Well - thank you first of all. I don't think I could even form some of these opinions without constantly surrounding myself with other great minds here and elsewhere.

I also think the "good enough" reason goes even further, this is (again) only a first appearance, it is IMO so unlike anything else where the Judge may decide to rule for a Motion by the Defense to err on the side of caution and for future appellate issues. I cannot think of anything where that type of reasoning would apply - because what would happen later on.....Defense appeals and one reason is that the Judge didnt allow them to push back a hearing where they would hear solely about new charges, potential penalties for those charges, bond/no bond, custody status, etc.....

That, in my mind, is so far away from something like in a trial, Defense makes a typical Motion for mistrial, it is denied by the Court but they did that to preserve the record and for appeals, why would the Court agree to push back something that is so small in compared to the rest of this? I certainly have more questions than answers! ha.
Could the reason be that Lori is wanting to offer up another name or information that would change the wording of the indictment?

Also, I couldn't help but feel like I was watching a prom date of sorts with what appeared to be MM's vest matching Lori's blue sweater.

Could the reason be that Lori is wanting to offer up another name or information that would change the wording of the indictment?

Also, I couldn't help but feel like I was watching a prom date of sorts with what appeared to be MM's vest matching Lori's blue sweater.
:DI noticed they were matchy matchy too.

I’m confused why she is wearing a mask and Chad wasn’t. Maybe trying to hide her face? Maybe she refused the vaccine? I thought people that were incarcerated were in one of the priority groups but I’m guessing they can’t force it. Now I kind of wonder if there is a physical ailment that warranted a continuance, but I think it has to do with MM being too busy.

MOO

Last edited:
Yes she would have to have some special hearings on that but if MM has verbally motioned it in the other case (in a sealed hearing) and they are waiting on a backlog to clear before she can be properly evaluated prior to treatment I think I can see it taking this long and her cases being put on hold until that is done. I read some articles a few weeks back about Idaho having a backlog of cases where the defendant was found to be incompetent (or needed to be evaluated for it). Apparently there was also a shortage of treatment beds at the facilities that treat defendants that are on a 90 day hold. I can look to see if I can find those articles again, even they were pre-pandemic so I am really curious how the pandemic has played into any delays there might be if this is truly the issue. MOO

I found a Meridian Idaho case - man charged with first-degree murder, felony injury to a child, destruction of evidence, and infliction of great bodily harm in the death of his son. The child died in Sept 202o and the father was declared mentally incompetent Feb 2021... so 5-6 months (during pandemic). I don't know how long the mentally incompetency process "usually" takes.

Father of beaten Meridian boy found mentally incompetent in murder case | ktvb.com

Hey Everyone,
Retired Criminal Defense Attorney Lori Hellis will join us at 10 PM Eastern on Websleuths YouTube Live. Don't forget to check out Ms. Hellis' news letter at TheLoriVallowStory.com
See you tonight at 10 PM Eastern.

"Frank Montoya Jr., a retired FBI Special Agent who's not involved with the case, but has been following the investigation, said of the prosecutors and the indictment, "it struck me as they have a really good case."

He said the prosecution laid out the planning that allegedly took place ahead of the killings, such as the increase in Tammy Daybell's life insurance policy.

"Leads to that idea that this was premeditated, that they planned and plotted this thing and for a reason, and it wasn't because God told them to, it was because he was going to get half a million dollars out of the deal," said Montoya Jr.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-p...-daybell-alex-cox-allegedly-conspired-to-kill

Vislaw (or others) help me out here. As a Canadian, I am not sure of the law there. In Canada, it would not matter if she was arraigned as a co-conspirator or not (she was indicated) - is the US the same? If she wasn't arraigned, would she still be a "co-conspirator" such that statements /declarations could still fall within the hearsay exception? If not is it possible that was why Means chose to continue (so she wouldn't yet be a co-conspirator)? I am thinking this because of the stay put on her hearings - it would suggest LV may be turning .....

This was just the "first appearance" and the arraignment is yet to come (for both of them). The U.S. system requires that a defendant have specific elements of due process and these include the reading of the charges and later the formal arraignment when the court rules there is sufficient evidence to proceed. In this case these are just formalities so nothing of substance occurs due to the continuance. Delaying the first appearance or the arraignment doesn't change anything and there is no disadvantage to the state other than the small delay (which really doesn't prejudice them in any way). Hope this makes sense.

This was just the "first appearance" and the arraignment is yet to come (for both of them). The U.S. system requires that a defendant have specific elements of due process and these include the reading of the charges and later the formal arraignment when the court rules there is sufficient evidence to proceed. In this case these are just formalities so nothing of substance occurs due to the continuance. Delaying the first appearance or the arraignment doesn't change anything and there is no disadvantage to the state other than the small delay (which really doesn't prejudice them in any way). Hope this makes sense.

Her other hearings are on hold right now. I'm starting to wonder if this is a defense tactic to prolong the inevitable. JMO

If she was going to have a psychiatric evaluation though I don't see why the state couldn't be told, in camera. It didn't appear to me that they were in on the sidebar.

Or would informing the state violate her right (if such exists) to medical privacy?
As the judge explained the discussion happened before the Zoom hearing in his chambers. So the State was at the meeting. I think that’s why Woods objected to the continuance with such exasperation. Whatever the reason is, he doesn’t think it is a valid reason to cancel the hearing and not reschedule it. It could something medical, but I don’t think a psych evaluation would be considered an emergency.

On her best of days, with full makeup, hair done, etc., she still looks like a scary, hatchet-faced, hard-as-nails kind of woman. Without botox, makeup, etc., she looks like someone to run away at full speed from....

Why why why would so many men find her attractive?

I don't know. What men find attractive has always boggled me. Especially Charles Vallow, LVD stole money from him, left him, cheated on him, used him, he obviously felt threatened by her, which is why he changed the beneficiary on his life insurance policy to his sister, Kay Woodcock.

Obviously, Charles Vallow was addicted to LVD and her drama. Like a moth, getting closer and closer to a flame.

Her other hearings are on hold right now. I'm starting to wonder if this is a defense tactic to prolong the inevitable. JMO
Delay is a commonly used strategy when the defense has nothing else to work with. Especially if this turns into a death penalty case, I agree with you, they want to prolong the inevitable. She is incarcerated, I don’t care if she is in jail, prison or a forensic ward at a state mental hospital. They are all awful places and she will never be free again

Can Chad go to trial without Lori's case? Or will his trial hinge on the obvious delay tactics she is employing?
I think so. I have to confess that I lost track of this case for a bit while it was in pandemic stasis! I know his attorney had floated the idea of separating their trials. Of course, that was before the murder indictments. I don’t what came of that. Anyone who knows please let us know. If they haven’t been separated yet, this could be an opportunity for Chad to go it alone. I used to think that maybe Chad and his attorney wanted disconnect from the potential crazy Lori will generate at her trial, but then I saw him laugh this morning and decided he probably has the same amount of unpredictable crazy bubbling around inside his brain. So we will wait and see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members