AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know of some local hunters who move trail cams around on their property to check out the game. LE may not expect to find anything useful on trailcams, but if Summer was lost and moving around, they might see something.
thank you. Yes, I know they wear boots but this implies that the area is not completely impenetrable. LE hasn't ruled it out. They are still searching. Actions speak.

News 5 spoke with Robin Lane, the Sabbath Day teacher for 5-year-old Summer Lane, who's been missing for eight days.

Lane says Summer gave her a necklace for Mother’s Day, a gift she now holds close.

safe_image.php

'All I can do is pray.' Summer Wells Sabbath Day teacher speaks to News 5

What a sweet child. I appreciate hearing these stories and appreciate her Sabbath Day Teacher speaking out:

One of those people is Summer’s Sabbath Day teacher, Robin Lane.

“All I can do is pray,” says Lane. “She’s just a happy little girl and she’s got a ton of energy.”
Lane says Summer gave her a necklace for Mother’s Day, a gift she now holds close.

In addition to the necklace, Lane is holding on to other gift that Summer made for her, along with some photos.

Center for Missing Children director details use of Amber Alert in Wells case

safe_image.php

HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL) — The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation used several methods to notify the public of the disappearance of Summer Wells last week, Tennessee is still the only state to issue an Amber Alert for Wells.

The responsibility of increasing watchfulness for Wells outside of Tennessee falls to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Executive Director Alan Nanavaty said the decision to push neighboring states to issue Amber Alerts for Wells rests with TBI.

“In Tennessee the coordinator [TBI] would reach out to a neighboring state if there’s information through the investigation to believe that the missing child or the abductor with the missing child is traveling interstate,” Nanavaty said.

A neighboring state’s Amber coordinator would have to approve the reciprocal alert.

Using infrastructure from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, thousands of phones were instantly notified Wells was missing on June 15.

Center for Missing Children director details use of Amber Alert in Wells case | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Last edited:
I am just throwing this out here...but we can infer from appeals for trail camera videos that there are trails in these woods where people walk them.

Yes and no. Deer and other animal make trails through the brush because they (like us) choose the easiest way to traverse the dense vegetation and cross that way over and over again...making a sort of faint clearing a trained human eye can see. We call those deer trails. Most hunters set up their trail cams near " deer trials ", which is maybe where these cameras got their name, I dunno. But many rural property owners, myself included , use trail cams to monitor property they don't use on a regular basis...it's a way to see some neat wildlife, but also catch any illegal hunters , ginseng thieves ,etc,etc, on your land. No "trails" required. In fact, I only have 1 security cam positioned near a deer trail...all the others are in dense vegetation around my property lines.

Hope that was helpful and not to wordy. :)

Last edited:
1) We have the cream of the crop LE here. They do nothing by accident. Why did they not give a presser today when they have every other day to date?

2) From search squad, he said "the rest of the week". Is tomorrow the last day for the ground search?

They've said they won't do another press conference unless there's a new development.

Interesting idea. I wonder if there are any trails there? I know there is a 15 mile trail that goes from Laurel Run Park to Bays Mountain and I never would have thought there was a usable trail there.
We use trail cams in our neighborhood to keep track of all the wild critters.
I would think there are probably deer trails, hog trails, game trails of all kinds. And probably 4 wheeler trails made by the hunters. That's just my speculation. I don't know if those woods are even hunted.

1) We have the cream of the crop LE here. They do nothing by accident. Why did they not give a presser today when they have every other day to date?

2) From search squad, he said "the rest of the week". Is tomorrow the last day for the ground search?
This is how they ween us off ..pretty soon we wont even want to see the updates because they will makes us really sad.

I listened to some of this when it first came out, but just now listened to all of it. DW interviewed.
He talks a lot. Lots of religious references. Daniel and the fiery furnace. He says something about maybe she (I assume he means Summer) will learn a lot from the searches and that will bring her back home.
He talks a lot more.
Listen to the whole thing.
I am very troubled by what he says. I have a very bad feeling after listening to this.
JMO

Summer Wells' father believes she may have been taken by human traffickers

I listened to some of this when it first came out, but just now listened to all of it. DW interviewed.
He talks a lot. Lots of religious references. Daniel and the fiery furnace. He says something about maybe she (I assume he means Summer) will learn a lot from the searches and that will bring her back home.
He talks a lot more.
I am very troubled by what he says. I have a very bad feeling after listening to this.
JMO

His interviews are what have me sitting on my hands.

It was close to an hour away. I've driven it . I know internet searches say 30 minutes. I also know how off those internet searches can be. I know other posters here say you can shave off some time if you drive 100 miles an house. I don't break the law, so I can not comment as to that. My husband drives into Bristol, TN for work. According to those map searches it
is a 19 minute drive. He's never once done it in under 30 minutes. Take that for what ever it's worth.

The truth is, until LE releases the dispatch call we can disagree about this until the cows come home. I don't have the energy to debate it any more. We'll all just have to wait and see. Que sera sera.
Yes, I have never been to or from Jonesborough in anything close to a speedy manner and then there is the new glorious Boones Creek exit.

I'm going with LE on this not being a child abduction. They have way more information than we do, and if they thought for a second it was abduction I'm sure they would have the parents pleading for her safe return at a press conference.
After typing that it just dawned on me that I don't think I've heard DW say anything to that affect in his interviews.

He talks a lot more.
JMO

BBM

I've been thinking about & rethinking things this man says all week and honestly, I don't think it should take this much effort because I don't think this family are criminal geniuses but so much of what he says bothers me.

I get that someone from the local church that is supporting them probably made reference to Daniel and the furnace but I do not understand the correlation. For those unaware, the story goes in a simplified form that under threat of death to worship a false idol Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were unwilling to falter no matter what and that God saved them from death for their loyalty.

I cannot imagine why anyone would use this story as inspiration in regard to a missing child please help me understand because all I get from that is that he doesn't understand the story, is trying to obfuscate & endear to religious people, or his life is being threatened to stick to the story.

Last edited:
BBM

I've been thinking about & rethinking things this man says all week and honestly, I don't think it should take this much effort because I don't think this family are criminal geniuses but so much of what he says bothers me.

I get that someone from the local church that is supporting them probably made reference to Daniel and the furnace but I do not understand the correlation. For those unaware, the story goes in a simplified form that under threat of death to worship a false idol Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were unwilling to falter no matter what and that God saved them from death for their loyalty.

I cannot imagine why anyone would use this story as inspiration in regard to a missing child please help me understand because all I get from that is that he doesn't understand the story, is trying to obfuscate & endear to religious people, or his life is being threatened to stick to the story.

Well (and it's been a long time since I was Christian so my old testament is a bit fuzzy) he could be taking the moral of that story to be "God can protect his faithful even from things that seem like certain death"- eg, he and his family are being thrown into a furnace of sorts and he is hopeful that God will see them through? It's... not a terrible interpretation of that parable, all things considered. I find myself wanting to know what the sermon that Sunday was about.

Well (and it's been a long time since I was Christian so my old testament is a bit fuzzy) he could be taking the moral of that story to be "God can protect his faithful even from things that seem like certain death"- eg, he and his family are being thrown into a furnace of sorts and he is hopeful that God will see them through? It's... not a terrible interpretation of that parable, all things considered. I find myself wanting to know what the sermon that Sunday was about.

Interesting, thanks.

This is probably a bit of stretch, i'm probably clutching at straws now at this point, but the thought just occured to me, so I thought i'd share it...

Could this potentially be a Shannon Matthews type incident?
(Her Mum pretended she had been abducted, when actually she hidden at a relatives for over a month. She got the idea after seeing how much reward money was put up when Madeline McCann went missing, it was meant to be that the relative would release Shannon and then claim the reward money and it would be split between them.)

If it was, it could/would mean dear little Summer might still be alive.

How does TBI know the two cases are not related since Rose was never found?

It seems the TBI may be implying they're fully aware of how it came to be that Summer Moon vanished because, supposedly, no one knows the reason why Rose went missing.

How rare is it that your sister would become a missing person and years later your beautiful daughter is reported missing?

We surely wanted Summer found way before today. The lack of locating her must be difficult for not only Sheriff Lawson and other law enforcement officers but the multitude of searches who, from the reports on the treacherous terrain, risked their own physical health in order to find this sweet baby girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes