SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
new murdaugh story

On Friday, Alex and Buster Murdaugh announced a reward of $100,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons who killed Paul and Maggie.

“I want to thank everyone for the incredible love and support that we have received over the last few weeks,” Alex Murdaugh said. “Now is the time to bring justice for Maggie and Paul. Buster and I, along with Maggie’s mother, father and our entire family, ask that anyone with helpful information immediately call the SLED tip line or Crime Stoppers.

The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division established a tip line dedicated to this homicide investigation.

Anyone with information about the case can call (803) 896-2605. The line is being monitored 24 hours a day.

SLED has agreed to identify anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for these crimes, if the person wishes to claim the reward.

The law firm of Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick, will administer the reward.

The total reward amount is $100,000 and will be allocated equally among all persons who provide information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for these crimes.

To be eligible, the person claiming the reward must submit the tip to SLED or Crime Stoppers on or before Sept. 31, 2021.

new murdaugh story

On Friday, Alex and Buster Murdaugh announced a reward of $100,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons who killed Paul and Maggie.

“I want to thank everyone for the incredible love and support that we have received over the last few weeks,” Alex Murdaugh said. “Now is the time to bring justice for Maggie and Paul. Buster and I, along with Maggie’s mother, father and our entire family, ask that anyone with helpful information immediately call the SLED tip line or Crime Stoppers.

The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division established a tip line dedicated to this homicide investigation.

Anyone with information about the case can call (803) 896-2605. The line is being monitored 24 hours a day.

SLED has agreed to identify anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for these crimes, if the person wishes to claim the reward.

The law firm of Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick, will administer the reward.

The total reward amount is $100,000 and will be allocated equally among all persons who provide information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for these crimes.

To be eligible, the person claiming the reward must submit the tip to SLED or Crime Stoppers on or before Sept. 31, 2021.

I have a mixed reaction to this reward…beyond what I stated earlier..i.e. how limited it will be until more info is released.

But I also have an emotional reaction…as this news comes as revelations about the Smith case are pouring out. I’m thinking of Stephen’s mother and her grief and frustration. Unfortunately, she did not possess the means to fund a large reward…and perhaps unloose some information to bring justice for her son.

She couldn’t use money to tempt those with information to come forward. She was forced to rely on the integrity of those processing the case and nothing more.

I wonder if the Murdaugh family has considered that their very generous reward offer also highlights the inability of other grieving families to use personal wealth to help them achieve justice.

From the above article:
Now, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal that initial investigators found no evidence of any vehicle accident, were convinced that the victim had a gunshot wound above his right eye, and received tips questioning whether Smith had a relationship with Paul's older brother, Richard 'Buster' Murdaugh, 26.
WHOA. Okay, so that explains the "firearm" listed on Stephen Smith's "Project Cold Case" listing, and it begs the question: Where was Paul's brother Buster on the night he and their mom were killed? Do we have that information?

new murdaugh story

<snipped >

I don't know that I've ever seen a timeframe on Tips, and why wouldn't the family let LE administer the reward for transparency??

OK-- well, that just gave me chills

YIKES --someone is still taunting the family-- could it possibly be same person who killed Paul and Maggie ??

Oh sheesh.. this just keeps going on with all these mysterious deaths and family dynamics.

I don't think its the killer. Personally, I think it's just a troll

Mod Note:

To help keep this thread focused on Paul and Maggies murders, please use the thread for the Stephen Smith case to discuss specifics related to it. Sometimes information may overlap and that is fine, but let’s do our best to keep the threads focused on the case they pertain to.

Several posts have been moved to Stephens thread so you may continue with your discussion.

SC - SC - Stephen Smith, 19, Hampton County, Jul 9, 2015

Thanks for your help,
Tiff

I'm wondering if they've determined that the same weapon was used on SS and either PM or his mother. I'm guessing the shotgun. (Loaded w/ a slug)

IMO, doubt it - we know PM was killed by a shotgun. I would think a shotgun would have done serious damage to SS had it been used and there would've been no ignoring it in the police report.

did they find a connection to the murder of SS? Or the connection is inferred from the statement on reopening it ?
May be I'm jumping to conclusions. But why...if SS's case has been buried for years
would they reopen it? Especially since his mother has been asking that for years or telling anyone who would listen, that her son was murdered. What prompted them to reopen it? Imo, they found something that suggests they are connected, and I'm just opining what that could be.

did they find a connection to the murder of SS? Or the connection is inferred from the statement on reopening it ?
I don’t think there’s necessarily any meaningful connection between the two cases. The Murdough murders are drawing national attention and with a lack of case details, media resorted to investigating rumors. The alledged connection between BM and SS led to details being published re how Smith’s death was handled, and State LE really didn’t have much choice but to reopen that investigation. It was so blatantly flawed it’s seemingly impossible to defend, and the criticism wasn’t going to go away.

Add that to accusation of cover-ups and special treatment re the Murdoughs and old-boys network in general, I imagine quite a few people in local legal, political and LE circles are feeling unprecedented pressure these days. The threat of widespread criticism, new investigations and ambitious peers preparing to pounce are all very real.

JMO and MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members