TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what my post was going to say, till I saw you posted it. Ever since I heard the saying about the most likely conclusion is more often the simplest, it’s rang true many, many times over. I do have faith in LE and SAR but how many cases here alone have we read that later, after the searches bodies have been found hanging in TREES. Even in some cases where suicide was a possibility. We are creatures of habit. Searches primary focus is in front of them - ground level. Then work out, and everywhere I guess. If he experienced any version of undressing (hypothermic/bad drug reaction/head injury), they are not of sound mind, even if it was 500 ft from the car, he too could have climbed into a culvert and passed away after.

I wonder if searches are ever held at the same timing the individual is believed to have went missing. I guess if it was the middle of the night that could be a risky situation for the searchers. I ask because as I was saying that they weren’t of sound mind in such an episode - the daylight/darkness can make things look much different/appealing then in the opposite.

moo
Choppers searched with IR equipment and very powerful lights.

I'm not a great fan of Occam, myself.
I'm where it's 50/50 something or someone nefarious crossed his path and that he was missed by all search parties.
The lack of a body could be the result of wild animals.
Or his body was moved.
I'm still open to the possibility that he undressed because he was ordered to undress by person or persons unknown.
But like everybody else I have no clue what happened to Jason.
It is one of my dearest wishes that his remains could be located and returned to his family.

MadMcGoo is going to be linking to a video by Danelle Hallan, and her podcasts are approved as a source.

Danelle also co-hosts various podcasts with John Lordan and we trust his judgment in vetting his co-hosts.

ETA: ^^ Corrected to read John Lordan. Sorry John !!

Last edited:
I listened to the entire podcast and came away with no new information with the exception of an idea or a question of whether he may have been pledging for a fraternity and there was an unexpected outcome. This was only a speculation on her part.
It struck me again that a whole myriad of possibilities are floated and explored but never that he was picked up by someone by arrangement because he wanted to move away from his life into something new. I wonder why that is so hard to consider. MOO MOO MOO

I came away with no new information with the exception of an idea of whether he may have been pledging for a fraternity and there was an unexpected outcome.

Well, that's a brilliant and interesting thought. Yes, these university frat initiations and games can be weird and involve going stupid dares, so I think it's not beyond the realm of possibilities.

I wonder if something like a 'frat dare' went wrong, and he passed away and was temporarily hidden in that derelict house, then moved. Dogs did trace his scent there after all. Although the window of time before the firefighter arrived makes this part unlikely.

But, yes, something along those lines.

I wonder if the university he went to has a history of over-the-top frat boy dares?

I listened to the entire podcast and came away with no new information with the exception of an idea or a question of whether he may have been pledging for a fraternity and there was an unexpected outcome. This was only a speculation on her part.
It struck me again that a whole myriad of possibilities are floated and explored but never that he was picked up by someone by arrangement because he wanted to move away from his life into something new. I wonder why that is so hard to consider. MOO MOO MOO

It's something a few of us here have considered, including myself. Not sure why the family doesn't unless it's hard for them to consider he'd like to get away from them. I know someone that would LOVE to get away from their family and never look back (parents, grandparents), yet the family thinks everything is hunky dory (I think I just showed my age there. lol).

And thank you for letting us know not much was gleaned from the vid. That just saved me 45 minutes. :D

I disagree with speculation by the YT host that Jason's disappearance might be related to pledging a fraternity. Reportedly, in-person meetings/frat events were NOT an option during the period Jason attended TSU.

The host also seemed unaware that TSU was in fact the 3rd college that Jason attended since HS graduation. This wasn't his first time away from home. On March 1, 2018 - Jason proudly tweeted his acceptance letter to SFASU yet by fall 2020, he'd left SFASU and entered TSU. MOO

I think of Jason's family often and constantly hope for the recovery of his remains.

Fraternity and Sorority Life

TX - TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

The host also seemed unaware that TSU was in fact the 3rd college that Jason attended since HS graduation.

I was also unaware of that. So, it does seem like he wasn't able to settle down at 2 different universities, and I wonder if TSU was a 3rd one he didn't feel comfortable at.

Do you think he may have been picked on or bullied by any peers or fellow students?

I'm now wondering if going to this desolate lonely rural road was some sort of a trick played on him by others? Was he lured there?
Not a frat boy thing, but something a bit nasty? A drug deal gone wrong? A money issue?

I think if he wasn't happy and wanted to start his life over, I don't think this is how he would have done it. It's too mysterious, lonely and creepy.

MOO.

Do you think he may have been picked on or bullied by any peers or fellow students?

<Snipped for focus>

I think it's highly likely. Being picked on and bullied is far from uncommon and has been going on forever. It's sad, but true. I don't know why people feel the need to do that. To make themselves feel better? Peer pressure? I can remember in HS I was nice to everyone and would say hello (by name) to the person I passed in the hall, from the obese to the very pimply-faced girl. My friend (at the time) said with disgust "Why are you talking to HER?!?". 'Uh, because she's a human with feelings and there's no reason not to?'. Needless to say that pretty much ended our friendship but I could care less. I don't need to be around mean people. Sorry for the digression! lol

So yes, I think it was very possible he was picked on/bullied. What I don't know is if that had anything to do with what ended up happening.

He has been enrolled in three universities in three years, his older brother is starting a career in the Air Force, his sister is married and working. They are meeting expectations. He had applied to a music program of some sort at TSU, was he accepted and had he registered for classes in that major for January? Was he under pressure in terms of paying his tuition, rent and groceries?
Had he paid his rent for January?
His father is a pastor with a church, so was Jason affiliated with any religious organization in San Marcos? I haven't read that he was and that seems a little strange to me but on the other hand with Covid restrictions he may not have been able to become involved.
I don't think he was leaving his family so much as going to something that would help him figure out his life and where he could fit in. As always MOO MOO MOO MOO.

I was also unaware of that. So, it does seem like he wasn't able to settle down at 2 different universities, and I wonder if TSU was a 3rd one he didn't feel comfortable at.

I'm now wondering if going to this desolate lonely rural road was some sort of a trick played on him by others? Was he lured there?
Not a frat boy thing, but something a bit nasty? A drug deal gone wrong? A money issue?

I think if he wasn't happy and wanted to start his life over, I don't think this is how he would have done it. It's too mysterious, lonely and creepy.

MOO.
He changed colleges because he was a keen musician and his most recent college was the one that provided the opportunities he needed.
I've certainly considered bullying because a glut of anonymous trolls appeared on the internet spreading all sorts of weird rumours and lies almost immediately after he disappeared.
It made me think they had something to do with his disappearance.
None of them panned out. The rumours, I mean.

[Snipped for focus]

This has been briefly discussed, but did not gain much traction. Namely: it would have been difficult/impossible to stage an accident and he didn't take his phone with him. Then, later, it was reported that he dropped his backpack and clothing he was wearing, and it seemed even less likely that he (or anyone else in a similar situation) would have left everything like that.

If he had ditched his slides (sandals), I wonder if there was any evidence. Surely walking on the gravel like that (wherever he went) would have caused injuries or left some kind of trail. But, then I realize that the accident scene was not properly secured, and any evidence could have been erased/made useless in the hours afterwards.

It seems almost...unreal...that JL was lucid enough to get out of the car, gather his things, and walk 900 ft or so south (towards the town), before dropping his backpack and undressing, and vanishing in thin air. Where could he possibly be?

Thanks SB!

Thanks @MadMcGoo for sharing this. Hazing, or a fraternity pledge gone wrong, is an interesting new theory. Although, as others have pointed out, being now at his 3rd university, it seems less likely JL had much interest in frat life. There's been no mention of any frats so far. Hazing by other non-frat students remains at least a possibility. We really don't know much of anything about any other TSU students he interacted with, but during covid restrictions, there may not have been much.

I've always thought the betta fish was significant. JL brought it with him from San Marcos, suggesting he was leaving San Marcos to go to Houston and, after the wreck, he took it with him from the car along with his backpack and gaming equipment. This may be irrelevant, but does anyone know there is actually a connection between betta fish and gaming? Maybe Jason knew about this. Maybe it was more than just a pet fish. One Japanese gamer even recently rigged his aquarium up so his betta fish could compete in pokemon with some notable success. Pokemon fans pet fish unbelievably manages to beat game all by itself

Last edited:
I live in Missouri City, and what's weird to me is that nobody around here mentions JL at all. I was recently at a social event and ran into one of the local detectives. I asked about this case, and the detective didn't even know who I was talking about. When I gave them some of the details they said, "Oh yeah, I think I might have heard something about that awhile back, but I'm not really sure." I realize this didn't happen here, but it's sad no one is talking about it here.

I have always thought it possible he was meeting someone he met online - a gamer, a romance, a hookup. MOO

SO glad Danelle Hallan covered this topic- her videos have a huge reach within the TC community <3
I agree! If nothing else, she’s gotten the word out! 100%

Thanks @MadMcGoo for sharing this. Hazing, or a fraternity pledge gone wrong, is an interesting new theory. Although, as others have pointed out, being now at his 3rd university, it seems less likely JL had much interest in frat life. There's been no mention of any frats so far. Hazing by other non-frat students remains at least a possibility. We really don't know much of anything about any other TSU students he interacted with, but during covid restrictions, there may not have been much.
Yeah… I’m not on board with the hazing theory. I do think anything is possible, but much more likely it’s the obvious at play.

I really do hope he’s found sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member