Identified! Ca - Davis, alive, "Ruth Pearlman", adult, May'21 - n/a

It's hard to tell her age...
I wonder how long her hair is? Is it pulled back and longer than it appears? (Last hair cut)
Stuff like that......

Hopefully it will go away........

It's hard to tell her age...
I wonder how long her hair is? Is it pulled back and longer than it appears? (Last hair cut)
Stuff like that......

Hopefully it will go away........

My thoughts exactly. I would guess she is anywhere from 30-50, its just really hard to tell. We have to take into account that she is not dressed to impress in this picture. She may or may not normally wear makeup.

Some people always look super tired (Lori Lightfoot for example) but I have the feeling our UID in this pic was actually tired when it was taken.

My thoughts exactly. I would guess she is anywhere from 30-50, its just really hard to tell. We have to take into account that she is not dressed to impress in this picture. She may or may not normally wear makeup.

Some people always look super tired (Lori Lightfoot for example) but I have the feeling our UID in this pic was actually tired when it was taken.

I think the odds of her amnesia going away on it's own, is more likely than having her ID'd by online sleuths!

She probably resided in CA in the last several years, even if she is originally from another state.

Hopefully, they have therapies that can work through some of this....maybe even things like foods she likes to eat....etc etc
Does she know how to drive? How did she get around?

And then there's the Gilligan's Island episode where Mary Ann thought she was Ginger...Didn't the professor create some event that snapped Mary Ann "out of it"?

Last edited:
This thread jumped out at me because my husband and I went to U.C. Davis back in the ‘60s. The city and the campus have grown since then, but it still has a rural feel, with many homes backing up to agricultural fields. Davis is right along Interstate 80, near Sacramento, the state capitol. This young woman might have hitchhiked there from almost anywhere or could even have been abandoned there for some reason. I’m sure she’s being well cared for and receiving whatever help is needed for her memory to return…if it’s possible. Here’s hoping she will be identified soon and can return to those who love her.

From his video interview, Mr. Snipes seems like a really kind, empathetic man. I am so glad this poor woman happened to choose his yard with a friendly golden retriever!

UC Davis | UC Davis

What do you guys think about this potential match?

Hillary Suzanne Carlgren. Missing from Oregon since February 2021.

One big problem is that I cannot see the UID's area where the potential match has a pretty profound mole (left side of neck)

Brown hair, green eyes, small mouth. All similar to the UID.

A major difference is that Hillary has quite a bit of makeup on, and what appears to be styled hair. I would imagine the UID would have gone quite a bit of time without any cosmetic maintenance, especially if she was delirious.

Thoughts?

Namus page: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Attachments

• Hil.jpg
    Hil.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 25

I can see what you’re saying. It’s close. I wish we could see the mole on her neck. Thoughts…Hillary’s jaw seems wider and the lines/creases near the nose seem to be at different angles. I’m not sure the brows on our unknown woman could be arched enough to leave as much space below them. Could her small lips be made to look so much bigger with lipstick? It might be worth sending Hillary’s info to the Davis Police though.
upload_2021-6-30_10-48-35.jpeg

upload_2021-6-30_10-48-55.jpeg

What do you guys think about this potential match?

Hillary Suzanne Carlgren. Missing from Oregon since February 2021.

One big problem is that I cannot see the UID's area where the potential match has a pretty profound mole (left side of neck)

Brown hair, green eyes, small mouth. All similar to the UID.

A major difference is that Hillary has quite a bit of makeup on, and what appears to be styled hair. I would imagine the UID would have gone quite a bit of time without any cosmetic maintenance, especially if she was delirious.

Thoughts?

Namus page: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
She has several mugshots available online. They give a better idea of what she looks like under the makeup. IMO she doesn't resemble "Ruth"

I reported my own post (at the bottom of each post is "Report" in small blue font). And I see that a mod (or someone) did change the thread title to remove the "Co".

Not a big deal, I just figured it couldn't hurt to correct it!
Again, thank you, Auntie! (Oh and I see what you did there, clever handle!) I also noted the blue "report" for future reference. :)

She has several mugshots available online. They give a better idea of what she looks like under the makeup. IMO she doesn't resemble "Ruth"

Oh boy...

I saw those mughshots before you quoted me and replied, and I honestly didn't think it was the same person. She looks ROUGH!!

I was about to ask you if that was the same person in the mugshots, but I see that it is now.

Good grief!

Looking at the mugshot pics, I have to agree with you.

Police look to DNA to help identify woman with amnesia found in Davis home’s backyard

After seeking help from the public last week, police investigators are now looking to DNA in hopes of finding relatives of the unidentified woman suffering from a severe case of amnesia who was found in Davis four weeks ago.

The Davis Police Department is looking into the possibility of submitting the woman’s DNA to a genealogy database as investigators sift through tips from the public and search for other ways to identify her, Davis Deputy Police Chief Paul Doroshov said.

“We got a lot of tips, and we’re following up on them,” Doroshov told The Sacramento Bee on Thursday. “But we haven’t got anything definitive, like someone calling and telling us, ‘I’m her uncle.’”
---
Investigators believe that she may be a missing person. Police said she did not have any apparent injuries and she appeared to be in good physical health.

Investigators have already followed up on numerous leads and searched through fingerprint and online databases without any success. The woman has given officers and hospital staff several name variants and different birth dates, according to the Police Department.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article252509543.html

From his video interview, Mr. Snipes seems like a really kind, empathetic man. I am so glad this poor woman happened to choose his yard with a friendly golden retriever!

UC Davis | UC Davis

RSBM

ITA with your post - particularly the lines I snipped as I was particularly impressed by his reaction to this stranger in his yard. :)

Mystery Davis woman with severe amnesia identified | abc10.com

''DAVIS, Calif. — A woman suffering from a severe case of amnesia who turned up in Davis has been identified, police say.

Davis Police Department Chief of Police Paul Doroshov told ABC10 that following a phone tip, detectives were able to identify the mystery woman as a 46-year-old missing out of the Los Angeles area.

Police could not say how she had ended up so far from home, nor did they release her full identity.''

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back