Greece - Caroline Crouch, 20, tortured and murdered, Athens, 11 May 2021 #4 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, what he says is very interesting.
Also, when asked about motive, he says something like 'I can't talk about motive, I'm afraid' - as if he knows the motive, but for obvious reasons isn't going to reveal any details.
He goes on to talk generally about Caroline - and here he includes 'honest', and how she'd report anything illegal to the police etc.
So it does sound (to me) like Caroline's dad is confirming the rumours.

That’s what it sounded like. But then I am skeptical as to how much he would know in terms of detail made known to him through the police confidentially vs what is in the public eye. So while he may be party to knowledge not confirmed publicly, he may also just be picking up on rumour in the press and alighting on that as another “explanation” as it were for his daughter’s tragic death, rather than what it could be, which is the awful murder of his daughter by a jealous/spurned husband who is no longer able to “control” his young wife (by control I mean his narcissistic desire for control rather than her “going rogue” as it were. Trying to clarify this isn’t an attempt to victim blame, but explain his murderous intent as a jealous husband. As it is well known that women’s lives are most in danger when they express or make plans to actually leave).

That’s what it sounded like. But then I am skeptical as to how much he would know in terms of detail made known to him through the police confidentially vs what is in the public eye. So while he may be party to knowledge not confirmed publicly, he may also just be picking up on rumour in the press and alighting on that as another “explanation” as it were for his daughter’s tragic death, rather than what it could be, which is the awful murder of his daughter by a jealous/spurned husband who is no longer able to “control” his young wife (by control I mean his narcissistic desire for control rather than her “going rogue” as it were. Trying to clarify this isn’t an attempt to victim blame, but explain his murderous intent as a jealous husband. As it is well known that women’s lives are most in danger when they express or make plans to actually leave).
All very true.
Plus, reading this older article from the Sun, it does seem that her father is wanting to make it clear that talk about B's crimimal activities are thus far rumours:

He said he believed there was “some foundation” to rumours in the Greek press that the killer pilot was also linked to drug smuggling.

He said Caroline had a strong “sense of right and wrong” and would have threatened to leave him had she found out he was involved.

Caroline Crouch's grieving dad wants to 'blow head off her murdering husband'

I'm sure, given the rumours, it's very important to Caroline's parents to make it clear that their daughter would never have knowingly gone along with any criminal activitity, and that had she discovered her husband was involved in anything dishonest or illegal, she would have wanted nothing more to do with him.

According to the article I sent earlier C wanted a divorce even before the sessions with therapist began. She broke contact with B's family, wanted to baptise baby L in Phillipines. And B knew all these and bought the plot of land in only his name 6 days before the murder.

C told the psychologist that she first wanted to leave B when Lydia was one month old.

Hello, Dotta

Greek MSM: B took C's mother's money and purchased the plot of land solely in his name.

Έγκλημα στα Γλυκά Νερά: Έξι μέρες πριν τη δολοφονία έγραψε το οικόπεδο στο όνομά του ο Αναγνωστόπουλος

AK has been threatened and his blog was shut down by hacker(s). But he's fighting back, and started up an alternate blog site.

Ξέσπασμα Κατερινόπουλου: «Δέχομαι απειλές αλλά δεν φοβάμαι τίποτα» | ΤΑ ΝΕΑ

Could B's buying the plot of land solely in his name be a sign of premeditation?

Γλυκά Νερά: «Οι γονείς της Καρολάιν ξέρουν το μυστικό του συζυγοκτόνου»
Εξελίξεις στην υπόθεση των Γλυκών Νερών αναμένονται αυτή την εβδομάδα.
Glika Nera: "C's parents know the wife killer's secret"
Developments in the case of Glika Nera are anticipated this week
(my translation of the article's headline and subheadline)

Γλυκά Νερά: «Οι γονείς της Καρολάιν ξέρουν το μυστικό του συζυγοκτόνου» - ΤΑ ΝΕΑ

Γλυκά Νερά: «Οι γονείς της Καρολάιν ξέρουν το μυστικό του συζυγοκτόνου»
Εξελίξεις στην υπόθεση των Γλυκών Νερών αναμένονται αυτή την εβδομάδα.
Glika Nera: "C's parents know the wife killer's secret"
Developments in the case of Glika Nera are anticipated this week
(my translation of the article's headline and subheadline)

Γλυκά Νερά: «Οι γονείς της Καρολάιν ξέρουν το μυστικό του συζυγοκτόνου» - ΤΑ ΝΕΑ

My son asks: Were C's parents giving B money to keep C alive?
Me: Was the secret that B is gay/bi or involved in a minor sex trafficking ring?

Auto translated by Systran:

Unraveling is expected this week in the case of the 20-year-old Caroline's murder by her husband in Sweet Water.

The admittedly husband's request for an expert opinion on the exact time the memory cards were removed from the house's security cameras, with the results possibly being published within the next few days, remains outstanding.

As Xena Cuchelin said, during yesterday's interview with Caroline's father on the show, other information was said which was not made public at the request of Mr. David Crowch.

Broadcast journalist Petros Kousulos expressed appreciation that Caroline's parents know much more about the actual motive of the perpetrator and about a "secret" that Caroline might have known.

"There may be developments that will make us fall out of the clouds," the journalist said.

Questions are also raised about the land market, which was written in the pilot's name, although the money was allegedly given by Caroline's family.

For the evidence that the confessional perpetrator was trying to manipulate the 20-year-old and had "cut her off" from everything, Petros Kousulos noted that he is firmly convinced that the couple's sessions with the mental health counselor did not stop at Caroline's initiative.

"It turns out from my report that lately Caroline started and opened her soul. She told the counselor a lot of things, but also the fears she had at the time. That's when the confessed attacker started to feel uncomfortable. That's why I think he took his wife's cell phone and sent a message to the mental health counselor. The adviser then contacted the pilot, saying he agreed to continue the sessions, but then disappeared," the journalist concluded.

It's overflowing with sadness and sorrow over the unjust loss of his daughter, Caroline's father. David Crowch, speaking exclusively to Meega, describes Babi Anagnostopoulos as "cowardly" who, he says, killed his daughter in her sleep so he could not react.

"Unfortunately he was murdered while sleeping. What makes it worse, in my opinion, is that he was such a coward, you know? He killed her while she was asleep. He killed a person and earlier he took the memory cards off the security cameras, so he knew what he was going to do. And he waited two hours until he slept and then he killed her."

"I'm afraid I can't discuss his motives. I think justice will be served when her killer is sentenced to life. I think so. My daughter was a very smart girl and very honest. He wouldn't stand by anything illegal. If he found out anything, he'd have mentioned it. And I think maybe that's what he was going to do."

The tragic father in the eyes of little Lydia sees his Carol. His beloved daughter murdered by Babi Anagnostopoulos, her husband, at 20 years old.

"Everyone says her little one looks ... exactly. She's the same as her mother. She'll be a beautiful lady as soon as she grows up."

From the house in Alonisse, Caroline's father talks about his granddaughter, and what he says breaks hearts.

"The girl is fine and she's happy. She's with her grandmother and she's happy. Everybody loves her here. She's with Susan. She's making it a little walk. All I want to do is take care of my granddaughter and help her grow up so she looks like her mother."

It sounds like the press are making a news story based on CC's father's interview, ie. his suggestion that perhaps B was involved in drug smuggling or the like and that the murder was pre-mediated and motivated by his fear that CC had discovered his illegal activities and was about to leave him/alert the police.

I'm sure, given the rumours, it's very important to Caroline's parents to make it clear that their daughter would never have knowingly gone along with any criminal activitity, and that had she discovered her husband was involved in anything dishonest or illegal, she would have wanted nothing more to do with him.

SBM

I agree - I'm sure he's keen to protect his daughter's memory - as who knows what else B will say about C and she's no longer here to defend herself. I really hope her diary written in code exists and can discredit his lies

It could be an interesting week. Perhaps the parents knew more than they have previously admitted or, they have looked back on the history of their relationship with B with new eyes and reinterpreted B's behaviour and C's comments. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

The media claimed that the police were going to do a search on B's financial history and maybe they have found some nuggets.

Me: Was the secret that B is gay/bi or involved in a minor sex trafficking ring?

My take on these interesting questions.

My answer is that C could have known about B's illegal activities for some time and even told her parents about it. But she was too afraid to report it to the police as B is the father of Lydia. She may have insisted that B stop these activities or she would leave him. So B told her that if she wanted him to stop, her parents would have to pay the 1,000 euros per month as he could not afford to keep a baby and wife who is not working on his income of 3,000 euros per month. The parents agreed but C found out that B did not stop his activities so C was threatening to leave him again and expose him.

The answers to both of these questions could have some truth to them. Many men have married as a cover for their gay/bi sexuality to gain respect in their communities and some have murdered their wives when their secret became known. The Anni Dewani case comes to mind.
Murder of Anni Dewani - Wikipedia

Others think they they can lead a secret life and their wives will never find out. There are two possibilities in B's case. C could have searched B's mobile and found activity on a dating app such as grindr (which is for gays) then looked at his bank account and found out that he was spending money on overnight hotels and dinners and put two and two together even asking him what these were all about or keeping it secret.

Although B has denied any connection to Stavros and that he never went to his restaurant. The media reported that C knew Stavros as the couple often dined there. However, the media has never reported that Stavros was gay but there has been no mention of Stavros having a partner or ever having been married. The media did report that B often took Stavros on helicopter trips specifically to Mykonos.

Gay Mykonos Guide 2021 - bars, clubs, hotels & beaches

Mykonos is the most popular gay destination in Europe. It's where the international gay jet set congregates every year in the summer months.

Did C find out that Stavros was gay and questioned B's relationship with him?

Were Stavros and B engaged in human trafficking by helicopter perhaps in the past (if not recently) of immigrant women or even young boys? Maybe they stopped in 2018 and have pretended not to know each other since.

Greek Cops Bust Prostitution Ring Exploiting Migrant Women

My take on these interesting questions.

My answer is that C could have known about B's illegal activities for some time and even told her parents about it. But she was too afraid to report it to the police as B is the father of Lydia. She may have insisted that B stop these activities or she would leave him. So B told her that if she wanted him to stop, her parents would have to pay the 1,000 euros per month as he could not afford to keep a baby and wife who is not working on his income of 3,000 euros per month. The parents agreed but C found out that B did not stop his activities so C was threatening to leave him again and expose him.

SBM

Be interesting to know how long they were giving him that monthly allowance.

Be interesting to know how long they were giving him that monthly allowance.
I think the money was for C so she could have some while she wasnt working but studying. I also dont think C parents knew anything incriminating about B, they treated him like son. Now sth funny: I saw a pic of a banner prisoners prepared for B : "Welcome our pilot" haha

I think the money was for C so she could have some while she wasnt working but studying. I also dont think C parents knew anything incriminating about B, they treated him like son. Now sth funny: I saw a pic of a banner prisoners prepared for B : "Welcome our pilot" haha

C dropped out of uni during her pregnancy with baby L because it was a difficult one. She planned on going back to school when baby L was older. ...wth with the banner? Welcome, wife killer! You've come to fly us out of here!

Last edited:

But did the money go straight to C or to B's or their joint bank account?

No idea:) But they probably had a joint account. She didn’t have any income so I think the money was transfered to this account for C. Just MO.

We won't need to speculate for long; once LE is done with their banking, the info will be leaked to the Brit press and we'll find out in minutes! Hurry it up, LE, let's go already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu