Greece - Caroline Crouch, 20, tortured and murdered, Athens, 11 May 2021 #4 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alyce

Reaction score
A British woman has been tortured and murdered in front of her 11-month-old daughter during a horror home invasion in Greece.

Caroline Crouch, 20, was strangled at the home she shared with 33-year-old husband Charalambos 'Babis' Anagnostopoulos in the Glyka Nera suburb of Athens early Tuesday.

Police say three men - some of whom were armed with pistols - broke into the family home around 5am while a fourth stood guard outside.

British woman, 20, strangled to death in front of her 11-month-old daughter in Greece | Daily Mail Online
———
Facebook:
Caroline Crouch

6/17/2021 UPDATE:
Greek husband 'CONFESSES to murdering British wife Caroline Crouch' sources say | Daily Mail Online
———

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3

Last edited by a moderator:
Even more questions

Why did the police arrest the Georgian in Alexandroupolis who was supposedly one of the burglars and why when they went to charge him with the murder did he answer "I will think about it"?

Why, since the police knew as they stated the day before yesterday that the husband is the perpetrator, did they not find one of the dozens of excuses to take the baby from his arms, which was obviously in immediate danger?

Why did he denounce the burglars when they knew they did not exist? To cloud the water to the suspect? Since when does a declaration need to do so?

Why is the perpetrator so familiar with the police to the extent that he shows that he is under protection?

Μπάμπης Αναγνωστόπουλος: Χαμός με σενάρια για βουλευτές, ανήλικα, μαφία, child grooming. Γιατί πραγματικά σκότωσε την Καρολάιν

More questions

<modsnip>

What did the murdered mother realize and try to use it to redeem from her tyrant this freedom and that of her child?

Why did Nikolouli turn pale in yesterday's phone call and close the show? Theater; Did he learn something that involves high-ranking officials like then with the case of little Alex in Veria?

Why did the police suddenly run to arrest the perpetrator? Why did he allow and endanger so many people with Caroline's baby and mother first in case the perpetrator resisted?

How did the murderer show so much calm in the interrogation with so much evidence against him? Why didn't he admit everything from the first moment? Who did he refer to?

How did the murderer have so much composure to commit the crime and even place the baby on the body of the dead mother so that she does not cry in order to have time to set up the crime scene?

Μπάμπης Αναγνωστόπουλος: Χαμός με σενάρια για βουλευτές, ανήλικα, μαφία, child grooming. Γιατί πραγματικά σκότωσε την Καρολάιν

More questions

What training did he have to set up and carry out the murder and what was his relationship with the mobster George Anagnostopoulos who was executed in 2008 together with Babis Lazaridis and Alekos Kosmopoulos? Simple synonym?

What should that businessman Chrysanthos Anagnostopoulos, George's brother, do, who helped Vassilis Paleokostas and Alket Rizai make the spectacular helicopter escape from Korydallos prison in February 2009? And another synonym?

<modsnip>

Which persons protected him until the last moment and why after 6 hours he finally confessed while there was no room for doubt of his guilt?

One of the many things I'm confused about is whether it was B (with alleged mistress) or C (with B's coworker), who flew to Souda, Crete, for a house to rent. Here are some MSM examples to illustrate that frustration.

In this version, B goes to Souda with his alleged gf.
---
thecaller.gr June 23

Όπως αναφέρει η εφημερίδα “OnTime”, στην Κρήτη και συγκεκριμένα στη Σούδα στις 10 Απριλίου πήγε η Καρολάιν με συνάδελφο του συζύγου της με σκοπό τη μίσθωση μιας οικίας.

Here, we have C traveling to Souda with one of B's colleagues to see about a house.
---
protothema.gr June 25

«κάποιος από το ζευγάρι πήγε μαζί με κάποιον άλλον του άλλου φύλου στην Κρήτη για να νοικιάσει ένα σπίτι».

Το εν λόγω ταξίδι έγινε 10 ή 12 Απριλίου, περίοδο που περίοδο που δεν μπορούσε να ταξιδέψει κανείς λόγω καραντίνας. «Το πρόσωπο που πήγε εκεί ήταν ταραγμένο και τελικά δεν νοικιάστηκε το σπίτι», είπε ο κ. Κατερινόπουλος, επικαλούμενος την περιγραφή του ιδιοκτήτη του σπιτιού, ο οποίος αναγνώρισε τον Μπάμπη ή την Καρολάιν, μετά τη δολοφονία.

«Αυτή η πληροφορία που έφτασε σε μένα, μπορεί να έφτασε και στην ΕΛΑΣ. Εκτιμώ ότι όπως την έδωσε σε μένα, την έδωσε και στις Αρχές», συμπλήρωσε χωρίς όμως να αποκαλύψει ποιος από τους δύο βρέθηκε στην Κρήτη.

AK discusses the fact that one of them went with somebody of the opposite sex to see about renting the place in Souda, but he won't say if it was C or B. Why? Is it crucial to the current investigation?

Talk about "the plot thickens!" If it gets any thicker, it will completely block out any light whatsoever. I can only hope that LE have some idea about what's been going on, because I certainly don't.

LE's wall with photos, stick its, pushpins, and string, is about the size of the Great Wall of China by now!

One of the many things I'm confused about is whether it was B (with alleged mistress) or C (with B's coworker), who flew to Souda, Crete, for a house to rent. Here are some MSM examples to illustrate that frustration.

In this version, B goes to Souda with his alleged gf.
---
thecaller.gr June 23

Όπως αναφέρει η εφημερίδα “OnTime”, στην Κρήτη και συγκεκριμένα στη Σούδα στις 10 Απριλίου πήγε η Καρολάιν με συνάδελφο του συζύγου της με σκοπό τη μίσθωση μιας οικίας.

Here, we have C traveling to Souda with one of B's colleagues to see about a house.
---
protothema.gr June 25

«κάποιος από το ζευγάρι πήγε μαζί με κάποιον άλλον του άλλου φύλου στην Κρήτη για να νοικιάσει ένα σπίτι».

Το εν λόγω ταξίδι έγινε 10 ή 12 Απριλίου, περίοδο που περίοδο που δεν μπορούσε να ταξιδέψει κανείς λόγω καραντίνας. «Το πρόσωπο που πήγε εκεί ήταν ταραγμένο και τελικά δεν νοικιάστηκε το σπίτι», είπε ο κ. Κατερινόπουλος, επικαλούμενος την περιγραφή του ιδιοκτήτη του σπιτιού, ο οποίος αναγνώρισε τον Μπάμπη ή την Καρολάιν, μετά τη δολοφονία.

«Αυτή η πληροφορία που έφτασε σε μένα, μπορεί να έφτασε και στην ΕΛΑΣ. Εκτιμώ ότι όπως την έδωσε σε μένα, την έδωσε και στις Αρχές», συμπλήρωσε χωρίς όμως να αποκαλύψει ποιος από τους δύο βρέθηκε στην Κρήτη.

AK discusses the fact that one of them went with somebody of the opposite sex to see about renting the place in Souda, but he won't say if it was C or B. Why? Is it crucial to the current investigation?

Well a motive is always helpful but not necessary in a murder case. Currently, we have been told that C wanted to leave B and that night she made searches for accommodation but that would have been close by. I guess, and of a temporary nature. But I have also read that she wanted B to leave her and Lydia in the house and for him to live elsewhere. I cannot imagine that C would fly over to Crete with B's co-worker to find accommodation for either herself or B. If she wanted to leave Athens, she would have gone home to her parents. If B was having an extra-marital affair, I guess C found out about it so in April he asked his mistress if she would like to accompany him to live there. However, I think he could have been transferred there by the helicopter company and C could have refused to go. Or B's mistress just went for the ride and B was going to set it up as a base for his organised crime activities. I guess we will find out soon if B, indeed, have a mistress and who it was who flew there.

I cannot imagine that C would fly over to Crete with B's co-worker to find accommodation for either herself or B. If she wanted to leave Athens, she would have gone home to her parents. SBM

She never discussed her marital problems with her parents, so IMO, I'm not sure she'd turn to them for a place to stay. As an independent minded teenager, she might have wanted to keep her pride? A friend of hers mentioned that it wasn't until the day before C delivered her daughter that C told the friend she was even pregnant. She also noted that C wanted to do things on her own. What if C was stubborn enough to try to deal with the relationship issues on her own? As for finances, IMO, her parents wouldn't have a problem paying the monthly rent, as they were already contributing $1K euro monthly.

eta: I've no clue who went, C or B, because maybe they're both plausible.

More questions

Why did the perpetrator hurry to indirectly threaten Nikolouli the priest while he had not heard what he said on the phone and all he heard on the air was "your blessing" that Nikolouli said to him?

Why such systematic arrest and now flushing of the perpetrator from channels and leaflets?

Who leaked the diary of the murdered Caroline to SKAI and why? How many of what they present have been written by her since the "calendar" is digital and can not be identified graphically?

Why so much silence from both families? Why haven't they said anything about the case?

Why haven't Caroline's toxicology tests been done yet?

The phone call between Babis' and Angeliki Nikolouli about the priest..
Angeliki’s conversations with the pilot come to light…
"What made impression, was the abrupt change in behavior when something happened that he could not control. The politeness was going away and another image was taking its place. He spoke in the singular and demanded immediate answers abruptly.
“I was just told that a priest called on the show and said that my wife had gone to confess and told him about alleged problems between us. If the one who received it, is indeed a priest, which is unlikely, then his false testimony is of pure evil that does not fit a clergyman and he will be held accountable. I want a name, a phone number and a parish. Apart from the prosecutor’s office, all the information will go to the archdiocese. He can pick up the phone to call me. Because I am a good person, I will give him a chance to apologize before seeing his name in a case file. Let someone inform him that in addition to sin, it is also illegal for someone to testify falsely… ”

The phone call between Babis' and Angeliki Nikolouli about the priest..
Angeliki’s conversations with the pilot come to light…
"What made impression, was the abrupt change in behavior when something happened that he could not control. The politeness was going away and another image was taking its place. He spoke in the singular and demanded immediate answers abruptly.
“I was just told that a priest called on the show and said that my wife had gone to confess and told him about alleged problems between us. If the one who received it, is indeed a priest, which is unlikely, then his false testimony is of pure evil that does not fit a clergyman and he will be held accountable. I want a name, a phone number and a parish. Apart from the prosecutor’s office, all the information will go to the archdiocese. He can pick up the phone to call me. Because I am a good person, I will give him a chance to apologize before seeing his name in a case file. Let someone inform him that in addition to sin, it is also illegal for someone to testify falsely… ”

B making threats to priest? C must have confessed to a priest about B and their marriage. It is unusual for a priest to give evidence. But let's hope he does. Currently it appears that B thinks he has his family and friends to speak well of him in court as C did not tell anyone - besides the priest perhaps.

I'm sorry, I can't concentrate on what you're saying, because I clicked on the link and the Tunnel included a screenshot of one of C's FB posts, specifically one from Sept 2, 2016, where she said, "Εισαι το μονο λουλουδι που θα εκοβα και ας ματωνε ολο μου το χερι απο τα αγκαθια" - "You are the only flower I would cut and let my whole hand be in blood by the thorns." - the 'You' being B. It stood out, because she'd just turned 15 in July. Ya, she'd been 15 for less than 2 months and he was already, as the auto-translation of the Tunnel put it, "What made impression, is the post that Caroline had made on Facebook years ago about her great love, which was reaching the clouds..." B would've been 28 that year. When did they start dating??? Did they really wait to consummate it until she was 15 or 16? The post is still on her page, since B probably didn't have the pw to close it like he did her IG.

B making threats to priest? C must have confessed to a priest about B and their marriage. It is unusual for a priest to give evidence. But let's hope he does. Currently it appears that B thinks he has his family and friends to speak well of him in court as C did not tell anyone - besides the priest perhaps.

My son is also following this case and he said that B suffers from what he calls Narcissist Optimism. Hopefully, this cheery arrogance will bring him down when people start to testify.

snipped by me

And what about the "suicide" of Stavros Dogiakis on Monday?

No mention of a wife...is the implication that he might have been in an intimate relationship with B? That could be relevant in terms of weighing up the likelihood of an alleged mistress, although infidelity is infidelity as far as C making a discovery which could have led to her demise.

"A person from his friendly environment stated that "Stavros was very upset last week, he did not even show up at the gym, which is rare because he was a man who paid a lot of attention to his physical condition". " Αυτοκτόνησε ο Σταύρος Δογιάκης, ιδιοκτήτης της ταβέρνας «Κρητικός» - PineiosNews

"After the arrest of the pilot, the owner of the tavern had fallen into a severe depression, according to customers who visited his shop.

All of a sudden, without a serious problem, he committed suicide
"
https://www.fimes.gr/2021/06/mpampis-anagnostopoulos-stavros-dogiakis/

Last edited:
She never discussed her marital problems with her parents, so IMO, I'm not sure she'd turn to them for a place to stay. As an independent minded teenager, she might have wanted to keep her pride? A friend of hers mentioned that it wasn't until the day before C delivered her daughter that C told the friend she was even pregnant. She also noted that C wanted to do things on her own. What if C was stubborn enough to try to deal with the relationship issues on her own? As for finances, IMO, her parents wouldn't have a problem paying the monthly rent, as they were already contributing $1K euro monthly.

eta: I've no clue who went, C or B, because maybe they're both plausible.

You might be correct here. I agree that C was too proud to tell anyone about her marital problems - except to the "Psychologist" and the priest. B probably love bombed her before they married as narcissists do, then she fell pregnant so she felt probably felt obliged to get married due to her religion (as she may not have been emotionally ready to), then everything went south from then on with the miscarriage and the domestic violence. She was probably also too ashamed to admit it to anyone and kept on hoping things would get better. From what we know, it appears that she isolated herself except for her studies which did not last long, her phone calls with her mother and a visit with her friend. You would have thought she could have confided in her sister if not her mother. But perhaps everything she said on the phone to anyone was recorded by B. Would that have been possible?

snipped by me

And what about the "suicide" of Stavros Dogiakis on Monday?

No mention of a wife...is the implication that he might have been in an intimate relationship with B? That could be relevant in terms of weighing up the likelihood of an alleged mistress, although infidelity is infidelity as far as C making a discovery which could have led to her demise.

"A person from his friendly environment stated that "Stavros was very upset last week, he did not even show up at the gym, which is rare because he was a man who paid a lot of attention to his physical condition". " Αυτοκτόνησε ο Σταύρος Δογιάκης, ιδιοκτήτης της ταβέρνας «Κρητικός» - PineiosNews

Agreed. If we refer back to this in.gr June 23 article, which talks about the neighbors and how they viewed B and C's coming and goings, the fact that he wasn't there much would give him some time for such extracurricular activities.

Γλυκά Νερά: Εξαιρετική μητέρα η Καρολάιν, ο Μπάμπης ήταν πάντα απόμακρος – Τι λένε οι γείτονες - The neighbors said that B was always gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven