Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less than one hour today :eek:
They spent about 2 hours on Friday too

Cambridge Crown Court 1 T20207197
Sarah Walker
Scott Walker
Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 10:29
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 11:25 - 11:24
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 12:42
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:05 - 12:58
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 14:04
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:30 - 14:12
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 14:28
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 12:00 - 14:50

yes we got hit by a biblical deluge on Friday (if you want to see tropical levels of flooding type it into YouTube!) so the thought of going into the fens would be mental. You would end up with half the searchers missing too.

I want the girl found but we live below sea level next to the coast in a country that is infamous for rain…it’s a changing landscape that floods and drains constantly.

they are planning another one but no dates announced
Yeah I live in Cambridgeshire too. I was surprised the river near me didn't burst its banks again. It was pretty bad.

I wasn’t expecting anything today so a bit odd. Did he chat about anything relevant or just the chiellini foul? Very odd.

I think something has happened as this is very random. They didn’t even move them from Peterborough jail to the court and this is after suddenly halting the cross examination last week after the accused announced he had remembered lots of new stuff.

Here’s a video (many more) of Peterborough this weekend…

my mate lost two beds from his shop as they floated off down the street!

they were right to cancel as going anywhere near the fens in that weather is certain death

I wasn’t expecting anything today so a bit odd. Did he chat about anything relevant or just the chiellini foul? Very odd.

I think something has happened as this is very random. They didn’t even move them from Peterborough jail to the court and this is after suddenly halting the cross examination last week after the accused announced he had remembered lots of new stuff.
Maybe ScW was still not feeling up to it after his breakdown? I guess he would have been seen by a doctor to check his mental state and fitness to attend court.

It wasn’t a breakdown as such, he started crying as his story didn’t stand up to scrutiny. He then announced he remembered things differently and started changing his entire story. That’s when there was a knowing glance between judge and prosecution, who ended the day on Thursday 3 hours early…and which they haven’t returned from yet!

It wasn’t a breakdown as such, he started crying as his story didn’t stand up to scrutiny. He then announced he remembered things differently and started changing his entire story. That’s when there was a knowing glance between judge and prosecution, who ended the day on Thursday 3 hours early…and which they haven’t returned from yet!
I think he must of been in quite a bad state for the Judge not to let him continue. I am sure many people cry when being cross examined. the Judge has a duty of care to ensure a fair trial. Had he allowed him to continue his defence could argue that he was not in a fit state to understand and follow the questioning properly. This happened at a trial I attended.

I think he must of been in quite a bad state for the Judge not to let him continue. I am sure many people cry when being cross examined. the Judge has a duty of care to ensure a fair trial. Had he allowed him to continue his defence could argue that he was not in a fit state to understand and follow the questioning properly. This happened at a trial I attended.

Of course. Easy to get a mistrial if they feel their client has been duped. Looking at Helen’s review (still nothing in local joke of a paper!) I didn’t get that impression, but better safe than sorry. This case is stop start all the time. It’s two weeks in and already over a week behind!

Here are a couple more points from the trial last week that I forgot to mention - I will make notes next time!!!
ScW claimed that the reason he didn’t say anything about SaW having Bea’s phone was because he was going along with what SaW decided - going with the flow as his barrister emphasised. He apologised and said now he knew it wasn’t the right thing to do - so admitting to perverting the course of justice. When questioned about the missing two hours he admitted to driving with SaW and the baby down the A47 eastwards towards Thorney and Kings Lynn. He said he didn’t know why he drove out that way. The reason he gave for disconnecting his phone was because it needed charging. When asked why SaW disconnected her phone for the same period he said he didn’t know.
The PC who attended Century Square asked ScW for Bea’s bag. He said he went to the back of the car but then remembered he’d put it in the lock up. When asked why he said he was decorating the girls’ bedroom and had moved a lot of their things to the lockup so they wouldn’t get paint on them. He thought it made sense to put Bea’s bag there too. He was asked if he’d looked in the bag - he said no.
I think that’s everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member