Found Deceased PA - Cassandra Johnston, 26, Philadelphia, 10 July 2021

One of her sisters has posted publicly it is Casey's car, but Casey was not found with the car. She is still missing. No updates on the official facebook page yet. This is such a curious case. Where are you Casey? :(

Could she have possibly been taken to a hospital alive, but unidentified? I’m hoping beyond hope…

We have had such bad weather in Philly in the last three weeks; flooding rain, extreme heat, tornadoes. Please be alive somewhere Casey!!

Could she have possibly been taken to a hospital alive, but unidentified? I’m hoping beyond hope…

We have had such bad weather in Philly in the last three weeks; flooding rain, extreme heat, tornadoes. Please be alive somewhere Casey!!

There are quite a number of hospitals in the area near which the car was found, but I cannot imagine that they would not have already been checked. Hoping police can determine if Casey was driving at the time of the crash or if perhaps the car was only recently ditched there by someone else.

Also, this is a REALLY high-volume road with LOTS of traffic at all hours of the day/night…I’m wondering how did the police only now spot this vehicle?

There are quite a number of hospitals in the area near which the car was found, but I cannot imagine that they would not have already been checked. Hoping police can determine if Casey was driving at the time of the crash or if perhaps the car was only recently ditched there by someone else.

Also, this is a REALLY high-volume road with LOTS of traffic at all hours of the day/night…I’m wondering how did the police only now spot this vehicle?

Yes! WE need to be positive! Call me an *advertiser censored****, but please!!!! Ya got St. Mary's,and is it still Lower Bucks? Aria/Jeff. Where else?

So sorry! We all want this beautiful, vibrant young woman to be SAFE! A night out she deserved ! Blessed Mother where is this young lady?

Hoping police can determine if Casey was driving at the time of the crash or if perhaps the car was only recently ditched there by someone else.

Snipped for focus.

I hope I'm wrong, but I've got really bad vibes about these circumstances. According to news snippets, the car was in dense woods and the police feel they were lucky to have located it via the chopper. To me that sounds as though it was ditched there - not that it's a crash site.

This case brings to mind Aimee Willard and Kristin Huggins, whose cases some of you locals likely remember. Again, I hope I'm wrong and that Casey is out there alive somewhere, likely dazed and disoriented, but not a victim of carjacking and violent intent. May she be located and reunited with her family soon.

Snipped for focus.

I hope I'm wrong, but I've got really bad vibes about these circumstances. According to news snippets, the car was in dense woods and the police feel they were lucky to have located it via the chopper. To me that sounds as though it was ditched there - not that it's a crash site.

This case brings to mind Aimee Willard and Kristin Huggins, whose cases some of you locals likely remember. Again, I hope I'm wrong and that Casey is out there alive somewhere, likely dazed and disoriented, but not a victim of carjacking and violent intent. May she be located and reunited with her family soon.

@janewall I'm not familiar with those cases. However you bring up such a brilliant point.

OMG I am sorry Ms. Willard. Following her. Hitting women on purpose accident wise. Very good points.

My heart breaks in half for these "girls". You're young! Have fun but still be safe! Covid BS is over. Classes starting . You're little ones you care for looking for you to come teach.

Your loved ones in grief.

Today this d@mn city and entire world just sickens me.

Prove me wrong Cassandra. Please!

Still couldn't make up from all the news releases if her car was crashed or seems to be dumped....sorry if I missed it in all the - by me badly felled- excitement. I couldn't find the pictures of the car, people are talking about...I guess it was taken of the Internet/FB site...and I can totally understand that.

I've seen K9s at the scene.....so they are searching for her...Cassandra....sweet girl...tell me she is found safe.

Still couldn't make up from all the news releases if her car was crashed or seems to be dumped....sorry if I missed it in all the - by me badly felled- excitement. I couldn't find the pictures of the car, people are talking about...I guess it was taken of the Internet/FB site...and I can totally understand that.

I've seen K9s at the scene.....so they are searching for her...Cassandra....sweet girl...tell me she is found safe.

I don't see how it could've been dumped, the car looks inoperable - air bags deployed, windshield broken, and described as being "wedged in the brush." I'm still trying to get a clear understanding of where exactly the car was found on Woodhaven Road. Indications are the police are out there again this morning searching for Casey and recovering her vehicle.

But where is she?!?

I don't see how it could've been dumped, the car looks inoperable - air bags deployed, windshield broken, and described as being "wedged in the brush." I'm still trying to get a clear understanding of where exactly the car was found on Woodhaven Road. Indications are the police are out there again this morning searching for Casey and recovering her vehicle.

But where is she?!?

Agreed it looks like she crashed and was ejected mid roll but the car kept rolling. A tree or stump then pushed the windshield in. That car definitely rolled. So very sad. Hoping they find her today before the rain.

I guess..but for now I want to stay positive...a well trained K9 would pick up the scent of a deceased person very quickly. Her sister posted just 21 minutes ago...no news. Also read some rumors (only that...rumors!!!) that the car was found on the "wrong site of the road", on the opposite direction from going home.

Last edited:
NBC 10 reporter Matt DeLucia said Sunday morning that the vehicle was in thick brush and police will return to look for clues.

As of Sunday morning, Johnston remained missing.

Casey Johnston
Credit: Lower Southampton police

She was last known to be wearing the clothes she was pictured in. She was driving her silver 2016 Ford Focus sedan with Pennsylvania registration.

Johnston’s vehicle was seen driving toward the ramps to I-95 in Philadelphia.

The family of the missing woman has hired a private investigator to assist them in their search. Police are still actively involved.
NEARBY: Car Of Missing Childcare Worker Found, Reports Say - LevittownNow.com

https://twitter.com/MattDeLucia/status/1421782792673898497

I'm going to say it....I'm really quite angry that it took three weeks for them to search what would appear to be a normal route for her to drive home from downtown. I cannot even imagine how here family feels, especially after they were told not to conduct their own searches.

And I completely agree - this is such a heavily traveled area, how did anyone not see the car go into the brush, or any evidence of a car driving through the brush. Surely there would be some grass, leaves, bushes, whatever flattened from that?

I'm just really, really sad and feel terrible for her family. All the waiting...I can't fathom having to sit and wait for the police to act, knowing my child/sister/friend/niece is still out there somewhere.

To me, as soon as I heard about the phone, it was a huge clue…. My two original theories after finding out about the phone is that 1. She ditched it on purpose to run away (obviously that one has been nixed by now), or 2. Someone who saw the girls looking for the phone and realizing that Cassandra did NOT have a phone may well have decided to take advantage of it and followed her.

And did what? Crashed her car after car jacking it...ran into her car on purpose along the way home, making her stop?

<Quote removed>

The hood is in tact, very strange...what happened to the front bumper....the place where the licence plate would have been? Did they find it in the bushes?Headlights gone.....no glass...nothing...it looks like the car was partly dismantled.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad, I actually tried to remove this post after seeing the condition of the car. I replaced it with a better post. Those theories were before I saw the condition of the car.

No problem.

I guess..but for now I want to stay positive...a well trained K9 would pick up the scent of a deceased person very quickly. Her sister posted just 21 minutes ago...no news. Also read some rumors (only that...rumors!!!) that the car was found on the "wrong site of the road", on the opposite direction from going home.

This is very possible because there’s an area where she could’ve crossed over and entered the woods on the opposite side ramp.

Those of you who know the area and where they located her vehicle, am I looking at the right spot here? Coming off Woodhaven Rd (Rt 63) and taking the exit to go north on the Roosevelt Blvd (Rt 1) - trying to figure out the point of entry and where there is brush dense enough to conceal the car. (Notes in yellow made by me)

Attachments

• 080121.jpg
    080121.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 65

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads