Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #80 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been kicking the Gone Girl angle all morning....because I don't think it is viable for the defense. I think they will try to sell SODDI. The will float the partial DNA, because it is there....and, as remote as the odds are.....to quote Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber...."you mean there's a chance"? Add to that some obscure, unknown car seen in the neighborhood on Sunday....they will try to cabbage together a platoon of these strawmen....and mine for reasonable doubt in at least one or two jurors.....I think, short of acquittal, they want a hung jury when its all said and done...that buys and opportunity for mistrial, and to retry at a lesser offense.

I really want to hear what MG has to say on the witness stand. Lets remember, Barry fired her because she turned her phone over to LE.....that cannot possibly look good to a jury. Why would Barry be upset that his own employee is trying to assist LE in finding a missing woman who happened to be his wife? He should have given her a raise instead of firing her...that is, of course, if he were innocent.

I have followed this case from the beginning and am wondering if there is any possibility she ever considered he would murder her - it’s a specific question I have for Suzanne but so many women die at the hand of their husband/significant other - when do you know to warn a friend that their relationship may possibly end in their murder ?
Your avatar of Jennifer speaks
so tragically, she knew the danger and powerless to stop him

Last edited:
Because Harris had not looked into Suzanne's personal bank accounts does not mean that other LE/forensic accountants had not looked into those bank accounts. Perhaps while examining their overall financial considerations when seeking motive and/or Suzanne's ability to go missing through personal choice. imo

I notice Harris was very careful with words. I personally think that Harris only gave detail about things in which he had direct knowledge.
ITA, all of the witnesses stuck to their own part of information being discussed at the PH, even though BM's defense wanted them to discuss things beyond their area of expertise.

I thought they all did an excellent job and kept their answers as short and direct as possible.

MOO

ITA, all of the witnesses stuck to their own part of information being discussed at the PH, even though BM's defense wanted them to discuss things beyond their area of expertise.

I thought they all did an excellent job and kept their answers as short and direct as possible.

MOO
Exactly. The defense played to a jury or the court of public opinion when they asked witnesses questions about areas that the investigator testifying to certain details did not handle. To a layperson, it would seem that possibilities were not thoroughly researched and things were overlooked. The only person that matters here is the Judge.

They described the round as live, and they almost certainly would have differentiated between a blank and a regular live cartridge. So I don’t understand its relevance either.
I’m behind here, but I would LOVE to know what BM was wearing that day and if there was a chest pocket on his shirt. Could he have removed the live round and slipped it in the chest pocket while loading the 22 with the blank round and dart and then it fell out in the MB when he was wrestling SM down? Just a thought.

I have been using this link in multiple threads today because it really speaks to the movement of actors.

A new study found there are so many security cameras now, the average American is caught on camera 238 times a week. That's 34 times each day. And if you travel a lot, or work certain jobs, it's over a THOUSAND times a week. You're on Camera How Many Times a Week? - Hot 96.7.

We can find a terrorist driving a vehicle in a foreign country and take him out with a drone piloted from here in the US, but we can't track BM's movements in the time frame SM went missing. I'm not buying that for a second. I think LE has more than we know about.

I was reading back to past threads that I missed. Prior to the PH there was a lot of talk about this friend of SM that was having a wedding and supposedly SM was so sad she couldn't virtually attend. The collective WS wisdom* was that the interrupted conversation on SM's phone was with this friend and related to that wedding. At the PH, I believe we learned that the interrupted conversation was between SM and her lover. Does anyone think differently? Is there any reason to believe the wedding friend interrupted conversation scenario is still possible?

*collective wisdom because I don't want to call any one person out; also, its not clear to me that this was ever more than pure speculation, but it sure was persistent
I’m also sad that Suzanne was unable to virtually attend the wedding as she had apparently planned, but then her participation in the wedding would’ve been impossible because she was already dead.

I have been using this link in multiple threads today because it really speaks to the movement of actors.

A new study found there are so many security cameras now, the average American is caught on camera 238 times a week. That's 34 times each day. And if you travel a lot, or work certain jobs, it's over a THOUSAND times a week. You're on Camera How Many Times a Week? - Hot 96.7.

We can find a terrorist driving a vehicle in a foreign country and take him out with a drone piloted from here in the US, but we can't track BM's movements in the time frame SM went missing. I'm not buying that for a second. I think LE has more than we know about.

This is where I see the defense going. With so much surveillance, yet no sign of a body, I think they will use the "Dog Ate My Homework" defense, arguing that he's just really unlucky that his actions happen to fit those of the guilty party. They need to sell the idea that only The Joker or James Bond could have disposed of the body, and Barry is just goofy clod. Get the jury debating that concept, and all of the details will become background noise.

I’m behind here, but I would LOVE to know what BM was wearing that day and if there was a chest pocket on his shirt. Could he have removed the live round and slipped it in the chest pocket while loading the 22 with the blank round and dart and then it fell out in the MB when he was wrestling SM down? Just a thought.
Well they know what he was wearing at 2:00 pm at DSI.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1429858212677922817?s=21
On 1:51 p.m. on May 9, 2020 the photo shows #BarryMorphew pulling his bobcat into DSI. He was wearing a blue t-shirt and khaki shorts.

Last edited:

RSBM

Doesn’t it seem absurd in this day and age that we can’t do more with our current technology?

The main difference in these two scenarios is that the US was actively looking for this terrorist, THEN located him.

Nobody was looking for BM BEFORE he (allegedly) committed this crime, only AFTER.

P.S. The drone was launched from US assets in Saudi Arabia or Israel.

Last edited:
I wonder if the defense will call FB as a witness at trial to testify UNDER OATH that on Mother’s Day while he was riding his bike he saw a vehicle parked near where Suzanne’s bike was found which looked out of place? We can’t sleuth FB here but I don’t believe he is telling the truth and suspect he might have a connection to someone close to BM. MOO
If the defense calls him...the cross-examination will be quite interesting.

RSBM

Doesn’t it seem absurd in this day and age that we can’t do more with our current technology?

The main difference in these two scenarios is that the US was actively looking for this terrorist, THEN located him.

Nobody was looking for BM BEFORE he (allegedly) committed this crime, only AFTER.

P.S. The drone was launched from US bases in Saudi Arabia or Israel.

The Economist recently had an article on how amateurs are discovering things like evidence of missile launches by using publicly available satellite imagery, social media posts, etc. Makes me wonder if somewhere there is an instagram post with Barry in the background, during the period in question. Same with satellite images - are there enough, of that area, to maybe show changes on the ground - like a new tree. It's probably all there, somewhere, but would take AI to find it.

The "no remains" of SM portion of this case really has me bugged. LE has him all over the place by cell phone records and security footage with him disposing of "something". I'm still thinking that anything disposed of at those sites was "instruments of crime" and other evidence (tranquilizer dart?), not the remains. There seems to be ample evidence of his vehicle being at the bike disposal scene and where the helmet was found as well. I'm going to stick with my theory the all or the major part of SM being in the back 400 behind PP. Without doubt he had the equipment and the knowledge to do a good job of it. It would still be possible to run a LiDar equipped drone over the entire area looking for body sized depressions and then checking them with Ground Penetrating Radar.

Edited to add: The cap in the dryer makes sense if you consider that he most likely put the cap in his pocket before using it and forgot to remove it before laundering his clothing with the dart itself being disposed of during one of his "trips" to dumpsters.

IIRC, calls were placed to CC on the day she disappeared. Wondering if he is involved somehow?

Only speculation and my opinion.

ETA: Linking @NoSI 's post here: CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #79 *ARREST*

1:45 PM & 2:19 PM – Calls to Cassidy C., went through BMs truck as per telematics.

Last edited:
The Economist recently had an article on how amateurs are discovering things like evidence of missile launches by using publicly available satellite imagery, social media posts, etc. Makes me wonder if somewhere there is an instagram post with Barry in the background, during the period in question. Same with satellite images - are there enough, of that area, to maybe show changes on the ground - like a new tree. It's probably all there, somewhere, but would take AI to find it.

The google car capturing a street view on Puma Path as BM exits his driveway on 5/10. If only it were that easy…

IIRC, two calls were placed to CC on the day she disappeared. Wondering if he is involved somehow?

Only speculation and my opinion.
Imo, hard to comprehend he “knowingly” was involved. I think he would be behind bars rn next to BM. CC worked for BM, so calls could have been about Broomfield job. I think CC has probably cooperated with LE anyway he can. He refused LS interview, iirc. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard