Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
***DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT SAYING SUICIDE IS WHAT HAPPENED HERE***

That being said, it's actually extremely common for people with bipolar disorder to commit suicide when they are manic or hypomanic. Mania includes impulsivity, a lack of future thought, grandiose ideas, etc. It's also not always euphoria; it can also present as extreme anger. Additionally, someone with bipolar knows what it is like to feel both the highs and the lows, so when someone is manic and seems like everything is going great in their life, they also know what will be coming after: an incredibly crushing low. Some people make an impulsive decision to avoid that crushing low while they are in the throes of a manic episode.

Source: Someone with bipolar disorder II who also knows multiple people who have done or planned to do the above.

If this were the case, she likely would have turned up by now. JMO.

He is definitely not a nice person to not say where their daughter is and why he left her. All reports on scribed from all involved. I don’t have the link maybe someone else can post?
Yes, absolutely a horrible person right now. I just think it's a matter of time for Brian and his parents. Three people know something, it might be helpful, it might not; but it's clearly serious enough that they think this the best course of action when someone they've lived with and loved goes missing.

Personally, I don't think LE will find any evidence that he flew home and then back. If they do, I'll be very surprised. I think he drove home before anyone but his parents knew and the moving of her thing occurred at that time. JMO

That's an intriguing theory and it makes better sense than buying an expensive round-trip ticket just to move things from a storage locker. Even if they paid by the year, it seems as though the flight would have cost more. I would think cameras at the storage unit would reveal whether that's true.

While I am not advocating for BL's innocence here... I have watched enough Law & Order to know that getting a lawyer is always a good idea. It is unfortunate though. Had he not known better, there might be more breaks in this case.
He could still meet LE with his lawyer I’ve seen it happen many times during interrogations. This leads me to believe he is guilty of some wrong doing IMHO

That's a huge red flag for me. In most cases, a person would want to do everything possible to help track a loved one down--even if there was a breakup.

What's interesting is that GP's mom was texting both BL and BL's mother toward the end of August but NEITHER returned her texts. That tells me that they might have made a family decision not to give out any information.

I think that was unwise, and I think most of what that family is doing now--closing ranks--is unwise.

And, telling...

JMOO, to all of course.
Pretty much any police officer (or lawyer) would tell you: Never say anything to a police officer.

But I doubt that he’d take an Uber to go murder a couple of strangers. Has that ever been done?

My point was transportation is not an issue there. Young people wander around meeting new people at all hours. Especially those in the service industry. The bars close and they find out where the party is. How do you know that the two victims didn't run into BL and things went worse from there. Do we know where precisely Gabby was until the next day for that matter? There is a large amount of people with no cars there and they hit up strangers for rides. They even let them crash on their couches. There usually isn't a problem. But certainly you can see how it can go bad?

Maybe they didn't make up the day after the fight and it got worse. He decided to fly home and then they made up and he went back out there. Then another fight happened. Still wondering if there was a round trip ticket purchased or a one way both ways.
I wonder if he took the keys with him . IMO

Adding: I'm playing catch up so if that was mentioned I apologize.

He doesn't look like a murderer. He has no choice but to stay out of view. I suspect he's told LE everything he knows. It's not good enough for the her parents because they still don't know where she is, but I suspect he doesn't know either. All the conjectures here are reasonable but at the end of the day, I doubt it's going to be him. It reminds me of the Leanne Bearden case a few years ago. She disappeared. Everyone thought it was the hubby. He would do interviews and everyone would tear him apart. Oh, he looks like he's lying, he sounds like he's lying. Maybe he just is heartbroken. Leanne walked out and killed herself. Unfortunately, those things happen, more so than someone being killed.

My guess, gabby walked out on him. They were arguing. That much has been established. Again, my guess, he expected her to be back in a half hour. She didn't come back. He didn't know what to do. He's heart sick. Look at the video, he really looks like he loves her and is not particularly controlling. Just a guy in love with his girlfriend. So thinking, he left her there, or stole her van, is probably off the mark. I believe she left after an argument and left him there. And no matter what you do in that situation, the boyfriend is going to look suspicious.

I hope she's safe and I hope we can close this chapter. This is the kind of case that we have to let LE do their job. Start by interviewing everyone else at the campground. I'm sure they have records of folks who left. And search the area extensively. In this case though, foul play is probably not the answer.

Yes, absolutely a horrible person right now. I just think it's a matter of time for Brian and his parents. Three people know something, it might be helpful, it might not; but it's clearly serious enough that they think this the best course of action when someone they've lived with and loved goes missing.
Last thought for a while because I have to go back to work, but it would be a cold day in a hot place before I would let ANYONE take MY vehicle anywhere without me being in it. Although, honestly, there was one time in my younger days when I did so... and regretted it. JMHO

Ok, this is either the worst lawyer in the history of lawyers or he knows without a doubt that Brian is innocent. IMO

Actually, I think this might be his first serious criminal case since his law school class covered the Miranda decision.

Notice where he says: “regardless of whether my client had anything to do with Ms Petito’s disappearance.” He’s covering his bases, but it doesn’t say much about his confidence in his client.

MOO

That being said, it's actually extremely common for people with bipolar disorder to commit suicide when they are manic or hypomanic. Mania includes impulsivity, a lack of future thought, grandiose ideas, etc. It's also not always euphoria; it can also present as extreme anger. Additionally, someone with bipolar knows what it is like to feel both the highs and the lows, so when someone is manic and seems like everything is going great in their life, they also know what will be coming after: an incredibly crushing low. Some people make an impulsive decision to avoid that crushing low while they are in the throes of a manic episode.

Source: Someone with bipolar disorder II who also knows multiple people who have done or planned to do the above.

This is certainly plausible, but we don't know if she was in fact bipolar. The police report was heavily redacted and the family and law enforcement have not disclosed any known mental health conditions and when asked, BL said neither of them were being medicated.

That's not to say she wasn't bipolar, but I think a lot of the circumstances in this case point more towards relationship frustrations due to living in close quarters for an extended period of time.

Of course, this is all my own opinion, and as the case moves forward we may be made more aware of potential health issues that may have played a part.

All aside though, this scenario still doesn't explain the behaviour of BL and his refusal to cooperate in the investigation and the search for GP

How do you know this?
Brian left Gabby in the Fairfield Inn in Salt Lake City and flew back home to Florida from August 17 to the 23 to help his father empty out a storage unit where he and Gabby had their things.

According to Schmidt, Brian's father offered to let them keep their belongings at his house so they wouldn't have to pay for the storage unit.

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

And I’d be open to that something here, if not for the stunning behavior of the boyfriend.

The most sympathetic narrative is that he didn’t contact local law enforcement, just left her all the way across the country, drove home, cut off contact with her parents, didn’t report her missing, lawyered up, and won’t tell law enforcement where she is.

I don’t see any of that happening in a suicide scenario.

A lot of parents in this situation say something to the effect of “not knowing is the worst part.”

He could easily rectify that.

Pretty much any police officer (or lawyer) would tell you: Never say anything to a police officer.

Right, and that's what his attorney is saying too:

"In my experience, intimate partners are often the first person law enforcement focuses their attention on in cases like this and the warning that 'any statement made will be used against you' is true, regardless of whether my client had anything to do with Ms. Petito's disappearance," the statement from attorney Steven Bertolino said. "As such, on the advice of counsel, Mr. Laundrie is not speaking on this matter."

I have a hard time believing she was just left on the side of the road by him. Even so, she could have found a way to call someone that she knew. I’m sure a public place would allow her to use the phone to at least call the police. Or she could have found a park ranger to help her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard