Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know...
Something occurred to me, last thought tonight. The most gracious explanation I have to explain Brian’s silence:

He believes Gabby is alive, will re-emerge and is waiting to see how she will explain her absence, wanting to tailor his response to her version of events. While this is not too flattering to either of them (and seems improbable) if this scenario is true we all win.

I desperately hope she is alive and well.

edited to correct typo

That seems like Super wishful thinking. Why would she be radio silent for 3 weeks--when she has no money or transportation or phone? Wouldn't she have reached out to family or friends for emergency help by now?

There is only one believable explanation that can explain B's silence, In My Opinion, and that is that he doesn't want the remains to be recovered until they are useless to the forensics team.

Yes. Then @ timestamp 21.00, the cop explains what the witness saw, stating " He never saw the male strike the female." then he stated that "She was trying to claw her way back in. She's trying to climb over him, he's trying to disengage. Everything she's saying is the same thing the witness is saying. He never hit her." Then the cop goes on to say "she's the aggressor."
Once again, IMO, this is just sad. It's sad for me to see how distraught Gabby was. You could see it on her face. Having said that, It doesn't matter if you're a 350 lb. linebacker playing for the NFL. If someone is attacking you, clawing at you and hitting you in the face with a cell phone, you have a right to defend yourself, and that's the only thing he did. I don't understand where the "abuse" everyone's taking about comes into play here. Yes, he was trying to lock her out to detach from the situation. If someone's attacking you on your front lawn, and you run in the house and lock the door to escape the situation, is that wrong? Not playing fair? What am I missing?
What we are all missing are the details about what happened to Gabby.

He seemed evasive when answering police that day and probably didn't tell them the whole story.

That she practically dove through the window tells me her fears were real about him leaving her stranded alone, which it seems is exactly what he has done, or worse.

What and why is he hiding? If he had defensive wounds on his body when he came home, he would have a lot of explaining to do.

If there is a body out there somewhere, the more time that goes by, the less evidence there will be.

He can't hide forever. He's not as smart as LE.

Soon they will narrow down the timeline and hopefully determine when and where they were last together and when he began traveling alone.

IMO

Something occurred to me, last thought tonight. The most gracious explanation I have to explain Brian’s silence:

He believes Gabby is alive, will re-emerge and is waiting to see how she will explain her absence, wanting to tailor his response to her version of events. While this is not too flattering to either of them (and seems improbable) if this scenario is true we all win.

I desperately hope she is alive and well.

edited to correct typo
I don't know if he thinks she's alive but I agree that he's waiting to tailor the story he's going to tell so it matches whatever evidence LE & a prosecuting attorney can uncover. The less he says early on, the harder it is to show inaccuracies and lies in his early statements later on when more facts are available. He could be waiting to see how badly decomposed her body might be by the time it's found - *if* it's found. He's likely waiting and hoping for winter to set in on those mountains. He could be waiting for any wounds he may have sustained to heal. And he could be waiting for witnesses' memories to grow stale. And the entire time I am sure he's closely studying everything that's being discussed and anything that's being uncovered related to the case. And he's formulating how he should weave a web of tales that might best fit his defense by whatever time he's finally forced to answer questions. I wish LE could find a reason to compel him to speak. The sooner the better.

Kind of a tangent from the current path of discussion, but I find it interesting I’ve been reading a lot of people who were recently in Yellowstone say there is a very heavy Bear awareness right now — both Grizzlys and Black Bears being seen on trails and trails closed for bears, people told to hike in groups of 3+. Some people who have been to Yellowstone for years and never seen a bear there said they saw 6 bears on their trip in late August.

A woman was just killed there a couple of months ago. She and and friends were camped IN TOWN, next to a post office, and the bear dragged from the tent and killed her.

Jaye Foster, an Alabaman who is traveling the U.S. in his own customized Volkswagen bus, met Gabby and Laundrie near Moab, Utah, on Aug. 10. The three of them chatted for about 40 minutes, discussing the modifications they had made to their vans….When Laundrie asked Foster if he’d like to have a skateboard he no longer needed, Foster eagerly accepted.
This ‘Van-Life’ Couple Went on a Cross-Country Trip Out West. Only He Came Back.
Thanks! So it was before the altercation and police encounter.

My fiancé and I were talking about this case tonight and something about it really bothers me.

Gabby mimics the gesture that Brian did to her to “push her off of him”. In doing so, she holds her chin in one hand to mimic how he pushed her away.

I did this to my fiancé tonight as were acting out the difference between slapping somebody and holding their jaw / chin in your hand, the latter of which is a much more aggressive maneuver.

Holding his jaw/face in the exact way she depicted in the police video placed my hand just a little bit higher than his throat.

LE, IMO, should never have brushed this claim off. It’s obviously total speculation, but if he was comfortable with holding onto her face like that in a manner than can literally only be aggressive- because that is absolutely not what you would do if you were pushing somebody away from you- it’s not a far leap to a hand around her throat.

Does anyone know if there are ANY searches going on for Gabby in the air? What exactly are they doing search wise? If he did leave her somewhere, she would know how to survive, what to eat, how to stay warm. I just feel it is urgent, and haven't really heard anything about searches, ground or otherwise?

I’ll also say…just because the police thought she was on the phone with her parents doesn’t mean she was. Could’ve been that she called a friend instead. Or she could’ve had the phone up to her ear because she was trying to make a call and it was ringing (she did put the phone down quickly when the officer opened the door as if she wasn’t live on a call).

So I wouldn’t read much into that. Was just a casual observation.

Her mom specifically asked to look further into the details around her disappearance and not what happened 2 weeks earlier on 8/12 so I don’t think that detail matters.

Yes, and her dad specifically asked that people not focus on anything but Gabby's whereabouts because he felt everything else was a distraction and that all of the other stuff would work itself out later.

I apologize if this has been mentioned but - do we know where her phone is CURRENTLY? I have not seen any news reports saying whether or not they know the whereabouts of her phone. I would think it would be fairly easy to track it if it was in BL’s possession.

I see what you're saying but based upon Christopher, the witness who called 911, I think it went down like this:

I'd also like to add that there have been several posts comparing BL to the exes of posters who have accused him of being an abuser. They have followed with making the point about being victims of abuse and how that helps them know BL is an abuser. Well, I, too, have been the victim of abuse (as a child and then ten years with a full blown narc) but refuse to project my own personal experiences and emotions on a case and a relationship we don't know enough about. His "crime", AFAIC, is not talking but it doesn't mean he's been abusing her for two years. I try to stick with the facts we have and none of them indicate an abusive relationship prior to her going missing. That doesn't mean he couldn't have done something horrible which has resulted in her disappearance.

Thank you for saying this so eloquently. I was thinking this the whole time while reading the thread. Could BL be an abuser and responsible for GP’s disappearance? Sure. However, we do have to remember he is in his early-20s (not very mature, in my experience) and, IIRC, also suffers from anxiety. It is also easy to peg him as the abuser/culprit, because, well there is absolutely no one else in this case to look to. Him refusing to speak to the police IS very damning in the public eye but if I learned one thing from being a criminology major is that you NEVER talk to the police, innocent or not, unless you have to. We have to remember that people are innocent until proven guilty.

As an aside, as another victim of abuse, my heart goes out to all the other victims and I definitely understand how this behavior can be reminiscent of abusive behavior. For what it’s worth, though, my college campuses speed limit was 10 MPH and people constantly were getting tickets that would have counted as reckless driving if they weren’t given by campus police. Young people are dumb and do reckless things. They were in an unfamiliar area where they probably didn’t know the speed limit and were undoubtably pumped up on adrenaline from their argument. Is this an excuse for going that fast? Absolutely not. But an absolute indicator of abuse? I wouldn’t say so.

ETA: also, not trying to defend his behavior, just trying to point out that there are possible other explanations for the way he acted in the police video and in other situations

Another headscratcher from the bodycam footage;

Gabby tells the officer they were having a "rough morning" and that they have been "fighting all morning."
Brian tells the officer "We had a really nice morning."
Still, Brian eludes to the fact they were planning to still do a hike/Arches before sundown. This is eluded to twice.

Moab footage..so sad.

GP starts by saying she's sorry...she's in such distress and in need of services during her interview, exhausted and emotionally fragile. She discloses her mental health isn't optimal.

Why does she want water and he doesn't...it's hot. he couldn't sit in the sun. he didn't take water because he 'doesn't like plastic'. But i actually do believe him . But, how does he not "think"she takes any medications after being together for so long? And she says she has ADHD.

But then it seems he is at a point where he has lost patience when he describes the physical encounter, and maybe he was pushed enough to just leave her. I just can't see him hurting her.

When he is speaking to LE, he consistently looks towards the SUV that she is sitting in.

This is a tough call for LE. Two stories, and LE has to try to decipher the truth. And BL did offer to go to jail for her. He's protective of her and the consequences of the citation. So did he leave her because of the no contact order?

I wished that LE offered to call the parents (though adults..they are still so young), like just say 'can i call your folks for you?? Maybe that could have changed things. Or had a psych evaluation at a hospital before they had her go to police station. So many speed bumps in this and missed moments.

Hopefully she is found, I hope she did not do anything rash when she was alone.

BL lawyered up i'm sure because he would be a mess sitting in a room with detectives.

Just a rant. I can’t stand the mental health aspersions against Gabby. Anxiety and OCD are not like schizophrenia. She is in no way nuts. I have anxiety, or as my mother used to say, I was “high strung”. He is absolutely hiding something. Any other fiancé would be leaping to find her if she were merely lost, abandoned, or suicidal, putting personal concerns aside in a life or death situation. At the least calling her mother when they split. This case only has one logical conclusion and it is completely heartbreaking. I feel so sad when I see her cry.
My husband was cool as ice when the police spoke with him. He strangled me. I could hardly make sense I was so upset and in shock. That’s a clue. In the video , She is sad and upset. He is smiling. I get it that they said she did the “hitting” but something provoked this that neither of them explained. My husband convinced me for years I couldn’t tell or we’d e d up homeless and starving basically. Something deeply disturbed her, what was it? God bless her, just a young girl, trusting someone she is getting to know better the hard way.❤️

Last edited:
Good Morning: Thread is Open

A few guidelines this morning:
-no discussing the fake Instagram or any other social media accounts that do not belong to Gabby or BL. When referencing an approved social media post, include the url link in your WS post.

-do not sleuth BL’s parents, they have not been named POI’s and are only open for discussion related to what has been stated in MSM, and/or actions related specifically to this case

Hoping for resolution today and wishing all our Posters a fabulous Friday.

Best,
Tiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members