Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/HLNTV/status/1438820210589437956

Hopefully the boyfriend watches this and finally responds to police. When the step dad says to the media that he doesn't believe he'll ever see his step daughter alive again, hopefully it pulls on the heart strings and some real progress can be made in finding her. This is the key to solving this. Whether he hurt her, left her to die, or is truly innocent, he needs to talk to the police. No more stonewalling. Time is of the essence.

So this is interesting. I’m following this reporter for the Vallow case, and he just tweeted this.

Check out this new information from @NewsWithAndrea in the search for #GabbyPetito. Follow her and @EastIDNews for the latest on the case.
View attachment 312944

https://twitter.com/ericgrossarth/status/1438901587317968898?s=21

Very interesting considering I saw another Tweet referencing them being in Victor around those dates. Victor would be on the way to Craters of the Moon, which was on their trip list.

I thought I read somewhere that Gabby's dad moved to Florida to be nearer her. So why didn't he help Brian's dad move their stuff from the storage unit? Why did Brian need to fly home?

Did he know that Brian was even home, much less doing this?

Re: "moved to Florida to be nearer her" - I hadn't heard this before. I found it in the Daily Mail (not, in my book, a reliable source of information) and then I found it in the Sun (even less of a reliable source of information). The Sun described the move as "in part" to be nearer to his daughter, so there was more than just her presence. I'm not dismissing this report of his motivations. There's often a kernel of truth in these things. But I'd like more evidence. Of course, I think we'd ALL like more evidence about a lot of things in this case . . .

Female officer in Axon cam was a park ranger with Arches NP.
Was she seen on video near the back seat of the police car to verify yes or no that Gabby was speaking with her parents? That's the part I didn't see.

So this is interesting. I’m following this reporter for the Vallow case, and he just tweeted this.

Check out this new information from @NewsWithAndrea in the search for #GabbyPetito. Follow her and @EastIDNews for the latest on the case.
View attachment 312944

https://twitter.com/ericgrossarth/status/1438901587317968898?s=21

Very interesting. Thanks for catching that for all of us. Well whatever happened *seems* to have been sudden. The accidental/cover up theories are really starting to gain some ground…..at least with me personally.

Yeah, I know, that’s what I mean - did he get her to get her dad to order it, so that they didn’t have to use their own card, which could be traced.

Gabby's father said that he ordered Domino's pizza for his daughter because she was having connection issues to order food. He said they face timed and he helped her with some technical issus she was having with her social media site Nomadic Statik (I think that is what it is called). He said that no red flags stood out for him during the face time with Gabby.

It sounds like she was busy organizing her social media pages while at the hotel and the father said that he routinely helped out with food, money that Gabby might need, although she didn't ask him for it, he just wanted to help out.

I am sure they interviewed the Domino pizza delivery person to find out who answered the hotel room door when the pizza arrived, and if they saw anyone else there besides Gabby. The father said he didn't use uber eats, he just used the Domino app that he has on his phone and sent the pizza locally to his daughter.

From the podcast by Nancy Grace "Van-Life Girl's "Boyfriend" Named Person of Interest" where she interviews Joseph Petito, Gabby's father.

One thing that has to keep in everyone mind, he had to leave utah/yellowstone by aug 24th/25th.
Odgen utah to north port florida is 2,400ish miles. A professional driver would take 4 days to complete that task. He could not speed, unless he was pulled over, and he could not drive while tired, unless he would get pulled over.

So. 2,400 miles is like 35 straight hours of driving.

By now, wouldn’t LE at least have the pings from her cell phone? They should know the location of the last text she sent her mom. Did it ping from Yellowstone/Yosemite? The fact that they have only called him a poi makes me think they know the text came from the area she claimed she was in and I suspect they might know he wasn’t the last one to see her alive.

I thought cops normally took statements from All Witnesses. Where is the female's statement? I understand Christopher was the one to call 911, but I feel her statement might help. Possibly her seeing the argument prior to him.. her concern for GP must mean, at the very least, she saw or interpreted the argument differently. Idk. That's bothered me since the cams came out. We don't have a complete picture of events leading up to them being pulled over.
On the theory that he was abusive, I am not saying he was or was not.
Then you'd have physical, emotional abuse or both, causing one to feel beaten down, very low self-worth, as well as them taking blame for anything and everything. Alot of times the automaticly believe it is their fault. That somehow their words or actions caused all of the couple's problems. With those thoughts in mind.. to me, GP was extremely upset in the cam footage, she took all the blame; while BL wanted to know what she had said to the cops. In those moments she seemed upset and scared. I would be if someone was trying to leave in my van, leaving me stranded in an unknown area. At that point, I believe he still had her cell as well.
Or could she be concerned that not taking all the blame would result in horrible consequences later?
Just some thoughts.. I wish there was the female's police report to see what if any discrepancies there would be. If anyone knows her report is out there, please msg me a link.
In the police report, officer Pratt mentions he happened to be driving by the Moonflower when the call came in, so he stopped to see if any witnesses were in the area. He mentions he found one (I.e Chris). From that it's not 100% that Chris made the 911 call. Unless I missed a fact somewhere else?

Very interesting. Thanks for catching that for all of us. Well whatever happened *seems* to have been sudden. The accidental/cover up theories are really starting to gain some ground…..at least with me personally.
And that’s what’s always made the most sense to me. I don’t think this was some cold and calculated thing. I see some sort of sudden event, and then panic (traveling across the country, never reporting her missing, hiding, silence, etc).

Just watching the body cam video now. First thoughts: Gabby first says that she's "OCD", and makes other comments about being stressed etc., then says that Brian tells her to calm down and shes says "I don't know why he says that: I'm always calm". Okay. Very conflicting.

On Brian, he's amazingly quick to please the officers, and then says "did you talk to my fiance"? He obviously knows that she's told the officer that he'd locked her out of the van. He seems to feel guilty here, and is attempting to get out in front of it.

Just considering the first few minutes of the video, and that the police actually separated them for the night, it seems crazy to me that they continued the trip. The constant intensity of the one-on-one, inside the van, alone on a long trip mostly in the middle of nowhere was a recipe for disaster. Even the most stable, mature, well-adjusted couples can find that a significant challenge. Gabby is obviously high strung, and Brian doesn't have the maturity to handle it.

The situation is common -a woman gets stressed and he tells her to calm down, like it's no big deal. Well, it may be no big deal, but it obviously is to her in the moment. Then, he attempts to keep her out of the van. Then, he grips her face. Then, he's almost obsequious to the police. Why?

I really do think something bad happened between them. Those high stress moments can get out of hand so quickly when both people aren't really equipped to deal with them.

I sat down and made a map. Let me know if I missed anything

GP - Google My Maps

I think that most people that travel to Jackson don't go that way. I have once over twenty years ago. But it is long and slow, traveling on one lane highways through small towns. The way that I travel there is to drive to Idaho Falls and then exit the highway towards Rexburg and then head east to Driggs from Rexburg. There is a mountain pass you can drive that takes you to Jackson with passing lanes and a pullout at the top of the pass where have a great view of the valley below. I would say that more people go that way then the route you have. Unless you know that is the way they went.

Was she seen on video near the back seat of the police car to verify yes or no that Gabby was speaking with her parents? That's the part I didn't see.
I watched video one time, I believe she was talking to her as she was sitting in the back seat, I do not know for how long, JMO at some juncture in the investigation, depending on future developments, FBI should interrogate her on what they discussed while other patrolman were away from police SUV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member