Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I observed this, something that interestingly caught my eye. In the incident that happened on August 12th and the picture the police department posted showing they had the van, 3 more stickers were added to the van. The only one I can find online is the life is good in the woods which is sold on a website called Etsy. The today is a great day is Venice Florida. Does anyone know where the desert cosmic one could have came from? Maybe a stop along the way? Just a thought. IMO.
Another posted brought this up a few threads back. I’ve googled, searched Etsy, etc. I can not find it! I do know that out that way there are tons of stickers in all the stores though. My son recently was in WY on a hiking trip and brought back a ton of them.

The thing that throws me off with the TikTok girl is the screenshot of the text she sent to her mother… it said the guy they picked up went back to his wife. But in the TikTok’s she made it clear Brian referred to his SO (Gabby) as his fiancé. Her story in general sounds solid so I don’t think she’s lying about picking someone up I’m just not sure I believe that the person was ever Brian.

”JuneRose, post: 17084849, member: 231512"]ive listened to this multible times and it makes no sense to me, this lady says the picked Brian up cause he wanted a ride to Jackson, then later wher they told him they were going to jackson he suddenly wanted back out....and now my head hurts

I can answer this!

He might have meant Jackson Dam.

Tourists get the different “Jackson” references confused all the time in that area.

I don’t think he freaked out about going to Jackson Hole.

I think he freaked out because he saw the van parked at Jackson Dam.

pretty sure he could have figured that out for himself but still it makes no sense, he wanted to go to jackson, i just heard the lady say, we are going to Jackson.....so ven if she said jackson hole, what difference would that even make......reminds me of Casey Anthony.ughh
Sounds like he wanted to go north and got mixed up. Great outdoors man and all that.

Agreed. But mainly I can't comprehend the timeline here. On the 29th he didn't have the van, as he was hitchhiking, but he eventually had the van and was able to get home to Florida two days later? Also so flush that he offered $200 for a ten-minute ride?

The woman who reported this strikes me as credible, but it's possible she was mistaken in her identification of him as BL.

This doesn't make sense to me either, $200 would be a ton of money to two young people traveling on the budget I am sure they were on. I also am not sure we can 100% believe everything BL supposedly said to the people who picked him up especially since they reported he barely had any supplies, was clean, and told them he slept on a tarp. Maybe he knew they wouldn't take the money?

Given the time and distance back to Florida is 44 plus hours at a distance of almost 3000 miles, does anyone one else think that maybe his dad might have flown to somewhere along the return route to help get the vehicle back home. Denver is 8 1/2 hours away, St. Louis another 8 1/2. It an ominous drive otherwise.

I just put it in Google Maps and it says 34 hours (2300 miles) from GTNP to Florida. I've driven cross country a couple of times and you can make really good time in the long flat states like Nebraska and Kansas. It's totally doable.

What if the van was parked at Jackson Dam and him being let out there put him right where he wanted to be?

What if GP and BL hiked from Jackson Dam and something happened out there to GP. BL made his way to the CB / showers, got cleaned up (hence why not dirty / smelly), hitched a ride back to the van under pretense of heading to “Jackson”, and drove to FL from there.

I posted this many threads ago, but I'm reposting for those who didn't see it.

Important moments from body cam footage transcribed by me (with timestamps):

1:00:06Officer asks GP if she has anything she wants him to communicate to BL, GP responds: “Make sure he doesn’t forget a phone charger. Definitely mad.
Officer: “Oh, he’s mad about that too?”
GP
: “yeah”
Snip of full quote above.

Great job on the transcription except GP actually said “bad”, as in he’s bad about forgetting the phone charger. Then LEO says “Oh, he’s bad about that too?” You did an amazing job on it overall.

Where did he get $200? How was he so clean after hiking/camping for days with just a tarp? Why did he freak out about going to Jackson Hole when that's where he was paying someone $200 to take him there? Why did he go the opposite way of where Gabby was? Why would he leave Gabby in an unregulated campsite for days in the van? How much work could she do on the website without any internet?

He had told cops during the altercation interview that he didn't have money for a hotel room so they found him a free one.

Then suddenly he's apart from Gabby for days and he has $200 cash? For a short car ride? He's panicking at this point. Why is he panicked?

Something stinks very badly here. At this point, according to him, Gabby was all alone out in the middle of nowhere working on her social media. Would she have even had cell service or wifi to do that?

Hoping this is out in the open discussion about these videos by this point. If not I apologize. I think they are important evidence and the women is very credible.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-laundrie-hiking-in-grand-teton-national-park

To Note:
•Miranda Baker said on August 29 she and her boyfriend picked up Brian Laundrie, who she said was hiking alone in Grand Teton National Park at 5:30 p.m.
•told Baker that he and Gabby were camping along Snake River, on an unregulated camp ground AND told them he had been "hiking for days along Snake River."; “He said he had been camping for multiple days without his fiance," Baker recalled. "And that she was working on their social media page back at their van."
•This alleged incident was four days after Gabby's family last heard from her and three days before Laundrie showed up in Florida alone, driving the van that he and Gabby were traveling in.
•He was asking for a ride because he needed to go to Jackson; offered $200 to take him
•mentioned to Laundrie that they were driving to Jackson Hole and he immediately asked to be let out of the vehicle; they let him out near Jackson Dam in Grand Teton National Park

This is
Regarding the interaction between LE and BL...when they are driving to the hotel I find it odd that the conversation has nothing to do with the situation, except to note that the LE's wife also has 'anxiety' and needs medicines and a hot shower .

I'm guessing his wife is in an emotionally and physically safe situation versus GP who is in crisis. I think BL was nervous beyond nervous so attributing all of this to problem to being GP's anxiety takes any focus on her being in an abusive relationship. Again, as someone mentioned the whole 'water' thing is weird in that he doesn't like plastic, but needs to sit in a shaded area as he is so hot. Why not drink the water? ??????

Is there something that could possibly be linked to a previous crime that DNA from him and a water bottle would point to? No one's stance on plastic bottles would prevent them from drinking a poland spring 8oz in the heat. I think he was avoiding LE getting any DNA by using an enviromental/green stance. It just keeps knawing at me...
Great post on DNA off the water bottle, this is forward thinking, I did not think of that but very possible if he is that calculated. His music and website is out there so maybe.

ive listened to this multible times and it makes no sense to me, this lady says the picked Brian up cause he wanted a ride to Jackson, then later wher they told him they were going to jackson he suddenly wanted back out....and now my head hurts
Yes that was strange but the second time she said Jackson Hole. Are they one abe the same?

Would anyone else want Admin access to the map? I don't know that it'd be helpful to have it completely open-source (might get chaotic with too many people adding/editing), but if there's some other long-time WSers that want to help me keep up on it, I can grant access. Message me!

I remember @shelbycat previously mentioning that the tent was displayed in the presser and asking “does this mean the tent was not in the van?!”

Running w/ this for a moment. Per that tiktok (I am careful with it because unconfirmed so far by LE, but on speculation) — could he AND Gabby have camped somewhere separate from their van? Parked the van, hiked together to a remote location with the tent and camped together? (On her Dyrt app there is a ‘near yellowstone’ list with an A1R camping location that is tent only, no car access, so it’s definitely something they also look at as options for camping)…so they are off together remotely with their tent. Then something happens, he leaves her or kills her there and leaves her with the tent to hightail it out of there? Then, hitchhiked with this couple back to the van so he could run away. Maybe he lied about his story he told them. And maybe the tent wasnt in the van when recovered. We don’t know that, but would make sense why he had been camping for days and only had a tarp on him, and also had a story about why he and gabby were separated. Either he was telling the truth that she was waiting for him back at the van, or he intentionally made that up and said something about his fiancé UNPROMPTED in order to start creating an alibi that they weren’t together.

Additionally, he could have freaked out at the location of the dam drop off, wanting to hop out, to avoid the driving couple figuring out his lies. Maybe his van was near where they dropped him off and he acted like it wasn’t because, he’d already told them he was going to a “remote campsite where his fiancé was waiting, up north” and he couldn’t have them see him going back to a parked car, without his fiancé there, ruining his alibi.

I think the fact he said he’d been camping for days without her but didn’t have a tent with him might be a sign that he DID have a tent and left it, and that maybe he WAS with her camping but left her, too, and needed a backstory to this couple so they trusted him and for an alibi.

Last edited:
He had told cops during the altercation interview that he didn't have money for a hotel room so they found him a free one.

Then suddenly he's apart from Gabby for days and he has $200 cash? For a short car ride? He's panicking at this point. Why is he panicked?

Something stinks very badly here. At this point, according to him, Gabby was all alone out in the middle of nowhere working on her social media. Would she have even had cell service or wifi to do that?

Hoping this is out in the open discussion about these videos by this point. If not I apologize. I think they are important evidence and the women is very credible.

Maybe the parents had sent him a Venmo to get home etc?

Looked on the map....Jackson Idaho is quite a distance compared to Jackson Hole. Maybe the offered $200 makes more sense.
But why did he want to go there?

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-laundrie-hiking-in-grand-teton-national-park

"He approached us asking for a ride because he needed to go to Jackson and we were going to Jackson that night. So I said, ya know, 'hop in' and he hopped in the back of my Jeep," Baker said. "He offered to pay us like, $200 to give him a ride like 10 miles. So, that was kind of weird."

You know I wonder if he has been on the run since even before she was reported missing. Has anyone even visually seen the guy since this all broke out in the media? What if his parents are helping by giving him time to get a head start.

would explain the silence. Nothing, nada. Not even the typical “we fought and she took off on foot. Without her vehicle” excuse.
Could be why his sister hasn't talked to him. He's out of the country. MOO

This doesn't make sense to me either, $200 would be a ton of money to two young people traveling on the budget I am sure they were on. I also am not sure we can 100% believe everything BL supposedly said to the people who picked him up especially since they reported he barely had any supplies, was clean, and told them he slept on a tarp. Maybe he knew they wouldn't take the money?
That guy would never sleep outdoors on a tarp. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member