Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just speculation on my part, but I think she posted those Tiktoks because LE, after interviewing her, told her it might be helpful. She emphasizes over and over that if anyone watching was in the same area during the same time, they should rack their memories and go back over their photos. She also says that LE is aware that she posted the Tiktoks and they're okay with it.
Good point!

JMHO, but I think the trip back was to move their stuff OUT of storage and back into the home of BL's parents, because this would save GP and BL maybe $200-300 a month which would help with their trip finances.
If my son was on a long trip and wanted to fly back to move stuff out of storage, I would suggest that we pay a few young people and even get the brother-in-law to help move the stuff back. I would not like him to leave his girlfriend alone. The flight costs more than paying a few moving guys. Perhaps the parents know that BL is going to do, what BL is going to do.

Question for the people here who believe Brian never stepped foot in FL or his house… how did Gabby’s van get to his parents driveway? Where did Brian go from Wyoming? And why would his parents claim he’s missing now if he’s been on the run this entire time?

Just curious.

he could have paid or bribed someone to drive it back. Leave it in his parents driveway with the keys in it.

he could have been picked up or taken a ride or hitchhiked to anywhere in the USA from there.

Since three people have stated that the FBI has released a statement that the tiktok tip is "probably," or "might be," helpful to the investigation, I look forward to seeing that link.

I believe that the language was "possibly credible -" but that's about as strong of language as you will get from them.

This is just speculation on my part, but I think she posted those Tiktoks because LE, after interviewing her, told her it might be helpful. She emphasizes over and over that if anyone watching was in the same area during the same time, they should rack their memories and go back over their photos. She also says that LE is aware that she posted the Tiktoks and they're okay with it.
I have no doubt she is genuine, and not an attention seeker.

This is the first I've read of this employment. I'm surprised that her parents didn't mention it.

I had read she worked at Publix and as a juicer working for his parents juicing business. And she claimed to be a nutritionist, but had no formal training or license as such.

I wonder if this is the right person.

It's almost a surety that Publix has a pharmacy, no?

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

That seems odd. First she's a nutritionist (at least a two-year degree) and now she's a pharmacy technician (requires certification.) But the only documented workplaces before they left on their trip are Publix, a juice bar, and (maybe) Taco Bell.
She was saving for this adventure, the van was a big expense, so I do believe it's likely she worked more than one job. She may have changed food related jobs (juice bar, Taco Bell) due to the pandemic restrictions. Publix has pharmacies. Maybe she wasn't a certified tech, but maybe cashier? Just guessing. No idea why she stated to LE that she was a nutritionist.

I think LE feels the TicTock story is credible enough if they are shutting down the campground.
Same with the Elk Hunters spotting the van in the campground, but I find it odd they were hunting Elk on the 29th when Elk season didn't start til Sept 1st.
Were the hunters just getting their spots ready? Here we have hunters head out off and on days before opening season to do whatever it us they need to do. They aren't actually hunting yet but they are there.

I'm not persuaded that he had a tarp on him at all, If he did, he probably grabbed it when fleeing a crime scene in a panic, because it sure wasn't appropriate for what he said he was using it for.
I’d bet he had a tarp because tent campers place their air beds on them to prevent punctures and they are easy to shake off instead of cleaning the tent floor.

Question for the people here who believe Brian never stepped foot in FL or his house… how did Gabby’s van get to his parents driveway? Where did Brian go from Wyoming? And why would his parents claim he’s missing now if he’s been on the run this entire time?

Just curious.

I'm not one of those people; just someone with an active imagination.

Why would his parents report him missing now? The circus outside their house finally got to them. They wrongfully thought if they found out he wasn't at the house they would leave.

Where did Brian go? To Alaska in the footsteps of Chris McCandless (this mostly just a joke, but who knows, he could be a fan of Alexander Supertramp).

Getting the van to the house from Wyoming. well, my imagination fails me except for crazy stuff that just wouldn't happen.

Last edited:
Really? Have you seen their house? Real estate is the best investment for your money. I'd think if they had it it would be reflected in not only investment properties but first and foremost, the home they reside in.
Lol! My daughter and son in law own 4 rental properties, and their own home which is a rambling, 110 year old Victorian is the most valuable but least renovated of all the houses.

I think LE feels the TicTock story is credible enough if they are shutting down the campground.
Same with the Elk Hunters spotting the van in the campground, but I find it odd they were hunting Elk on the 29th when Elk season didn't start til Sept 1st.
They were elk spotting. Hunters usually go out spotting first the few days before the season starts so they know where to spend their time hunting.

There is a lot of misinformation out there and there are many carve-outs that allow therapists to disclose this sort of information. For example, if someone is dangerous (as someone who has just impulsively murdered a girlfriend might be deemed), then they may disclose it. If there was a chance he would be a danger to himself (the danger of which is high in this situation), then they must disclose it. There is a lot of gray area and room for interpretation, but in practice, I don't know many therapists who would not find a compelling reason not to report in this situation, and I know, and have trained, lots of therapists.

I'm glad to hear this. Many years ago, there was a UC, Berkeley therapist who didn't warn the potential victim that her ex had thoughts of killing her. The therapist was forbidden by superiors from reporting this to either LE or the victim. He killed her and his parents sued. That cracked the issue open - but not all therapists have gotten the word.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members