Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that thing about Investigative Subpeona. I looked that up and it looks like they don't have to have anything but a suspicion to get one.

It has to be justifiable and legal to be approved by a judge. And judges tend to be pretty sticky about the evidence. Finally, cases where someone is clearly guilty get thrown out because the evidence is finally determined to be so flimsy (or deceptive) that it should never have been used to justify a warrant.

I wonder if good couples counseling might not have saved lives (probably two). Or maybe a high school class on right relationships. What if a professional had called Brian out on his manipulation and control, or told Gabby it wasn't ever okay to hit someone. I wonder if Brian was irredeemably evil or was just taking advantage of male privilege and could be educated and have his vision expanded and his conscience awakened.

I wonder if some clear, public rules about what to do when you find yourself in a volatile situation might not have saved them. I really felt for Gabby: I think part of her distress was being called out for her own violence (mild) and feeling like this meant she had completely lost any control over her autonomy and well-being.

I don't know. Does Brian have any conscience? Is he capable of empathy? Could Gabby have claimed her strength and either sent him packing or made an ultimatum and stuck to it?
I think these are great questions. I think, in a word, they were both immature. But then most are at this age (certainly not all). 2 people who aren't completely whole in themselves looking to the other to provide something they need to feel good about themselves.

I think most people are not irredeemably evil. And even those who seem to be, there is usually a cause or reason for the way they are.

Who knows what the real story was, but from the little that's evidenced here on this website, it certainly seems that he had problems empathizing with Gabby's distress and Gabby didn't know yet how to handle her emotions constructively. Most relationships go through phases like this. The scary thing about this, I think, is that most people can relate to some part of the dysfunction displayed. The hopes of making it, stresses of living your life on display that is diverging more and more from reality, how "ok" you are with yourself so that you don't expect another to be there fulfilling all your needs, just losing it and slapping, wanting to hold on to control, etc. We all learn to manage ourselves as we go through life. For these 2, whatever happened out there, it was getting clear they could no longer function well together and had they still been in FL, with family and friends and normal life around them, probably would have just broken up like everyone else before it got to the point where one of them ended up losing a life. Of course, we don't know what happened so this is all conjecture. But everybody believes that what they think and how they feel is the right point of view, even the 2 in the relationship will see it differently. Who can really know.

Sadly the tragedy happened here but I think most of us can resonate with a few of the emotional aspects of this and that's what makes it sad, scary and intriguing at the same time because we want to understand it. What would WE have done in that situation. ALL JMO.

Last edited:
You know, I keep considering the option that there was some verbal fight and separation. Later when he finally returns, she is nowhere to be found and he drives home thinking she left him BUT... There seems to be texts and social media activity after the time we think she died, such as the text to her mother on the 30th? I don't think there's enough room in the timeline for her to still be alive on the 30th and then him driving home alone by the 1st...
She was supposed to meet up with her friend Rose on the 29th and the friend never heard from her. I believe according to timeline she died on the 27th or 28th.

But he took her van? And her family did not hear from her? How is that explained? It was her van, not his to drive back to Florida.

Considered that except....

I don't think anybody "in love" would drive 35 hours away from someone who is missing. Also, 35 hours is a lot of time to reconsider and turn around.

Where she was found was not that remote from traffic. Generally NP vistors, hikers, and campers are helpful. She would have had no issue contacting help.

I believe you're right about the arguments escalating. And I think the trip back to Florida was a result of that and not to move belongings from storage. It was a "cooling off time". But after his return to Gabby the fighting became worse. What caused the violence ending her life I can't imagine, but I don't believe it was premeditated. His behaviour after that...I can't think of a logical or excusable reason.
Not excusing it, but I believe the motivation is overwhelming fear.

1. This is weird, but not impossible. If she left in a huff then it is likely she didn't bring much, if anything, with her. If she was gone when he got back he may have hoped she flew home and headed that way to meet her or simply panicked and headed home.
2. Anyone with access to GPs fingerprint may have been able to send that text, and it seems odd for BL to incorrectly text the next destination given that he was the driver and knew exactly where they were headed.
3. Alleged. There was also a photo snapped of someone in his home town after he disappeared, but that guy has a sleeve tattoo so clearly not BL. Didn't stop it from circulating though.... People are on the lookout and bald white 20 somethings are everywhere.

Edit: imo and got rid of double quote.

Yep, I could actually give some credence to my wild proposition except I keep getting hung up on them not contacting anyone when he would have found out she was missing. Abuser or not, I really believe he loved her and don't think he could have sat by and not reported where he had last seen her. Unless he knew she was already dead and nothing he could say would change that.

Brian Entin at News Nation just said he checked several neighbors Ring videos and did not see Brian leave in the Mustang. He also said that the neighbors have not stated that they have actually seen Brian.

Interesting.

I’ve said all along if he left on a Tuesday it wasn’t Tuesday 9/14, it was 9/7. Gone before the news broke that she was missing. I hope police have gathered those doorbell camera videos to show his parents never drove the mustang home Thursday. Who drove him away and when. I believe he came back 9/1 with the van but think he was gone from the home long before the news broke.

I think stuff like semantics give people away, messages from someone pretending to be someone else may not feel right as the imposter cant match style exactly.
Comma splices can be a dead giveaway. Did G or B frequently have those? There was a glaring comma splice in that text. And anyway, if one sends a text saying there's no service, eventually that text will get sent when near a tower, right? So why not send another text at the same time to inform the recipient of how the trip's going, future plans, how they are? I'm just struggling with the fact only one text got sent.

IMO the fact the van was caught on film where she was found deceased does not jive with him having left her alive and well.

hey SillyBilly <3

can i just say the people who alerted the FBI to their footage they did such a great job, when we speak about sleuths be it by accident or somewhere like here, its nice when their efforts to go through their own dashcams and such lead to such a big break for authorities

You know, I keep considering the option that there was some verbal fight and separation. Later when he finally returns, she is nowhere to be found and he drives home thinking she left him BUT... There seems to be texts and social media activity after the time we think she died, such as the text to her mother on the 30th? I don't think there's enough room in the timeline for her to still be alive on the 30th and then him driving home alone by the 1st...
And him using her CC to buy fuel? But even so, he had no right to take her van and drive home to Florida. Who gave him that right? No one, because he had already killed her.

Note that several are new.

The ones that stood out to me:

"Today is a Great Day"
"Life is Good in the Woods"
"Desert Cosmic"

Got it! Thank you so much for clarifying. And that is really weird... Putting extra stickers on seems an odd choice during a time of that much upheaval, regardless of guilt or innocence. But people cope with trauma in different ways and maybe adding the stickers a concrete distraction, somehow??? V odd.

Yeah, if you watch the video with Google Maps and the campground map open, you can see where they pass the two ends of the loop into #5 (there's a red camper and black truck in there, IIRC), and then they pass the van, and then they turn around at the fork. The van is about midway between #5 and the fork. GP was found pretty much directly across the creek bed from there.
Can someone post a map or point to one where exactly she was found?

hey SillyBilly <3

can i just say the people who alerted the FBI to their footage they did such a great job, when we speak about sleuths be it by accident or somewhere like here, its nice when their efforts to go through their own dashcams and such lead to such a big break for authorities
Agreed the people who shared the video are heros in this case.

Gabby Petito’s van spotted in stranger’s footage at Grand Teton National Park, family believes

Etd to add: Sorry pushed the button too soon. The last two texts are highly suspicious. Why? Because according to Gabby's mom she already was in Grand Teton on the 25th. When they spoke or facetimed.

We know that the van was still there on the 27th -29th.

And yet supposedly there were messages saying she was heading to Yellowstone and no service in Yosimite/Yellowstone.

That has to be a lie since the van never moved from that Spread Creek spot until (in my opinion) BL had possession of it and was running back home to Florida.

I'm sorry I must be confused-- Which stickers were placed b/w Aug 27 and Sept 1? The ones in the second picture you posted (I think LE photos after the van was confiscated) are also present in the body cam video on August 12. So the stickers seem to be something that Gabby also participated in. Is there one that was added later that seems significant? See here for the shots with stickers (around 12:12):
At least two stickers were added after Aug 27, the black triangle and the one with plam trees.

Stickers on Aug 27:
Gabby Petito: Did YouTube couple discover proof van was at site being searched by FBI?
Stickers after Sep 11:
Gabby Petito case: Timeline of 22-year-old woman's disappearance
van-1-1.jpg

If he's alive, he's going to claim self-defense. And both sides will try use the body cam video as evidence as to who was the perpetrator.

Then why not use that defense immediately? Instead, he allegedly sends a text as a ruse or possible alibi, and allegedly takes off in her van heading back home?

I honestly cannot wait for more details to emerge because so much of this just isn't logical.

Please share this post. I think it's significant.

I found this on Brian's Instagram account. It's a quote from Fight Club, a book by one of his favorite authors. According to another one of his posts, he would bring these books on his Appalachian Trail hikes. It sounds like he's done a lot of hiking on the AT.

This quote is probably where the name for their YouTube channel comes from: Nomadic Static. They read Fight Club to each other last August.

“Only after disaster can we be resurrected. It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything. Nothing is static, everything is evolving, everything is falling apart."

And yes, the AT extends down into Florida.

Edited to add: It has been pointed out that the terminus is in Georgia, but there's a trail system in Florida that connects to the AT. So on some maps you'll see it included as an extension.

Login • Instagram

(That's the best I can do with the link. I hope it works for you.)
I want to make this clear because it goes to the character of DL.
Florida is not on the AT . There is some trail or other that you can take down to Florida, but it is not under the purview of the Appalachian Trail Conservancy. It has never been called the AT. Even thruhikers who extend their hike from the AT down to Florida don’t call anything south of Springer the AT. It is not on official maps of the AT.
I am making this doubly clear, because IMO DL made up a lot of stuff about himself. I would venture to bet it’s a hallmark of his personality. Call it swagger, fantasy, delusion, grandiosity, or something darker, nothing is believable. Same with his parents.

I’ve said all along if he left on a Tuesday it wasn’t Tuesday 9/14, it was 9/7. Gone before the news broke that she was missing. I hope police have gathered those doorbell camera videos to show his parents never drove the mustang home Thursday. Who drove him away and when. I believe he came back 9/1 with the van but think he was gone from the home long before the news broke.

Part of this doesn't make sense. News media show that the car was missing Tuesday night and that it then reappeared either Wednesday or Thursday. If there were Ring videos to be had, they would have to have showed somebody returning with the Mustang. It's been claimed that there are no Ring videos showing BL going one way or the other with the car, but I suspect that there are simply no videos, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member