Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some info out there on case may not be accurate. FBI will be able to track BL travel between Wyoming and FL with gas station video, van sitings, possible airline tickets, cell phone pings. But exactly how Gabby died and what BL can be criminally prosecuted for in court of law may be little or none.
He doesn’t have to explain. All needed is a possibility of something else that could have happened.
Given what I’ve read about case, I think BL and GP got into a heated altercation and she got killed. Situation was such that BL felt he’d be blamed. So he lawyeredup and whatever he told lawyer, was told to keep mum.
So he left and said nothing. Took the van home or had someone take it to FL.

Normal people automatically call authorities when some is hurt or killed. They tell friends and family if they leave someone in the wilderness. He knew her family and had to know they’d be sick with worry. Yet it was more important he say nothing. What made it so much more important?

It is possible that she told him to leave and take the van. And so he did without letting anyone know. Yes, it is possible that he just left without knowing she was dead; she could have even gone with some other people.

But it makes no sense. It doesn’t sit well with me and most people that it happened that way. Far more likely, she got fatally injured in a fight with him and he just ditched her. That is going to be legacy he will have to carry regardless of whether he gets convicted of whatever happened to Gabby
If he's alive. Which I doubt. I will be surprised.

I feel that without forensics in terms of actual DNA, the DA are really going to have their work cut out with this case.

Also, as they were in a relationship, the defence could maybe excuse away some DNA transfer on that basis too.

A lot of cases are made up of circumstantial evidence. We have a body, they are doing an autopsy. That'll help determine the cause of death and the time of death. I'm sure they are scouring the area where they found the body to find any other evidence - especially if there is blunt force trauma.

The case may very well be an uphill battle, but it is likely there will be a lesser charge rather than 1st degree murder. It's also going to be difficult to find a jury so there may very well be a bench trial if he is charged with anything. The whole country is aware of this case - the jury pool may already be tainted.

I feel sorry for both sets of parents, BL's parents are also facing their worst nightmare. Such a tragedy all around. Whatever killed Gabby I don't think it was premeditated. Hopefully BL is still alive and will tell the truth about what happened.

While I understand that nobody wants their kid mixed up in a situation like this, let alone (potentially) responsible for the entire thing, his parents are the most unsympathetic parents on the planet right now. They have had so many choices to make in the last few weeks and they have consistently made the wrong one every single time. They chose to cover for their son and act in self serving ways instead of being decent people. I don’t pity them at all.

Take photos in place of every piece of art BL has drawn before collecting. Pack up every phone, computer, ipod, camera data disc, etc in the house. Collect any thing belonging to GP especially anything that had been in the van. And so on. Plenty of stuff can be in that house even though the crime wasn't committed there
Also, because LE was told he returned there from Wyoming, the warrant could be very broad.

The video of the van door closing will be extremely important most especially after the autopsy if it can be determined the time of death with reasonable certainty. Because if the door closed AFTER Gabby was deceased, it can be assumed that Brian lurked in the area (remember he reported to his “ride” that he’d been out with just a tarp for several days while his fiancée was updating her social media platform). My opinion of him “hitching” a ride was to develop an alibi.

I think he was in the van and closed the door when he saw the vehicle approaching. He may have killed her inside and dumped her body yards away where it was found.
It's unlikely since he would have had to carry the body across that wide spread out creek bed to dump the body.
The way the FBI agent said that public tips were really helpful to them makes me think you are right and they did receive a lot of tips from either the WY area or his trip. I don't think unless people already had a social media platform they would invite the kind of attention publicizing the fact that they had information would bring.
They gave enough tips in their locations to positively report he had no connection to the Moab murders. So pkenty that we don't know about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa