Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not something you do if you know your son murdered his girlfriend.

Maybe the parents really didn't know anything until later.

Maybe he is very convincing- "Gabby and I broke up, it was bad, don't answer calls or texts from his mom or dad, she's crazy blah, blah, blah. She's missing? I did not know that, let me text her and see if she's OK...Uh Oh I have her phone"

Or maybe they’re the Mr and Mrs Flores types. You never know until you actually now… I hope we get more clarity as times goes on.

My mom and I had this too! When I was a kid my question was “Are you driving the Delorean?” (We didn’t have a Delorean).

Highly recommend anyone with kids or even just a partner have this set up between them. Or even just a code word that wouldn’t normally be said. You can work that into conversation very easily without looking suspicious.
Ours is: Did Kathy come to work today? They are completely disinterested in where I work so even if I did work with a Kathy the question would make me call the police.

This guy is a ticking bomb!
A link to that same item posted earlier in the thread had the added info, that he got belligerent with the waitress, and Gabby was crying. This is the second time we've had testimony or evidence of an incident with Gabby crying. I wonder how many other times that's happened when she's been with this guy. That lady park official who counseled Gabby about re-evaluating what she perceived to be a toxic relationship was spot on!

This also makes me wonder what their first cross-country road trip together was like, in 2020. Gabby said something about it being stressful, which was the motive for her buying a van. She thought the extra room would eliminate some of the stress.

Does anyone have more information on Brian's August 17-23 trip back to Florida then back to Salt Lake City? It seems strange to leave a planned cross country road trip to unpack a storage unit (especially for an entire week). They had little money but could afford a plane ticket & a hotel for Gabby during this time? It does not make any sense to me & I can't figure out why nobody is discussing this. I have to be missing something...
Still have not seen anything really solid to confirm it or for the trip to make sense.

Its stuck in my mind if she ever really had control of the van after the police incident. Could it have been his way of asserting power after himself being stuck at a hotel & he just took off in the van for a few days by himself?

So you are saying this camper "shell", which is what we call it in my neck of the woods, is currently at the Laundries' home? Hmmm....I was picturing it situated someplace and BL living in it currently. If not, then what do we think the thought process around this recently purchased truck and camper shell would be? A plan unexecuted? A way to conceal something you transported to hide (survival supplies?)

Admittedly, I am reaching here and haven't had time to think it through, but I do find this truck/camper shell really thought provoking.

Yes, it remains in their front driveway.

I couldn't get to the tweet in the link below. Here is a link to the Fox News article.

Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses

Snipped pieces and BBM from the article : ( I realize there is an excessive amount here, but OMG...and this is NOT the entire article, just the pieces that really hit home.)

"I have chills right now," Nina Celie Angelo told Fox News Digital Wednesday. "It's crazy because it wasn't just like we passed them on the street -- it was a full blown incident."

Angelo said she and her boyfriend, Matthew England, were in town for a wedding in late August. They were out to lunch at Merry Piglets, a Tex-Mex restaurant, between 1 and 2 p.m. on Aug. 27, when they said an agitated Laundrie began arguing with a waitress. Four and a half hours later, a travel-blogging couple passed Petito's van at a campsite north of town.

Angelo, a photographer, said she couldn’t overhear the conversation but that she believed Laundrie was arguing with staff over the bill or about money. She described his body language as "aggressive" and said he left and returned about four times.

At one point, Petito came inside and apologized for Laundrie’s behavior, Angelo said.

England told Fox News that he reported the incident to the FBI and that Petito appeared "visibly upset" with Laundrie as he hounded staff at the Merry Piglets Tex-Mex restaurant.

The incident happened roughly two weeks after Fox News Digital was first to report that a witness called 911 about a domestic fight between Petito and Laundrie in Moab, Utah. Angelo and England said bodycam video of the police response matched the mannerisms and body language of Petito and Laundrie they witnessed firsthand. Laundrie was also wearing clothes England said he recognized from the video and "looked kind of like he had been living out in a van for a little while."

Angelo said it did not appear that Laundrie was on drugs, and he was "not screaming." But he was behaving aggressively with the restaurant staff, a waitress, a hostess and the manager – all women.
:eek:

So, exactly what kind of groceries and how much of them can sustain a guy in that hostile environment for a week?
I would think he's had his fill of raw snakes and gator eggs (if he survived rummaging around in gator holes for them).
e's not there.
Food is not the issue. You can go days without food and even if you are slim you have some fat reserves. you can pack a lot of calories fairly light and small volume. A small backpack can carry a few weeks worth of calories.if you know what you are doing. In that environment would need a lot of water. For a week or two it would be more than you could carry. there are very small devices that filter even swamp water that would last a month or more. I would say that casual camping in a van, and occasional tent, would not well prepare you to survive in a swamp. I'd think that he would not have known when he fled that would be subject to an internet phenomena worldwide story driven by gigantic Instagram and tik-tok and FBI manhunt and probable scenarios are he went to swamp to off himself, or is using traditional fugitive hiding somewhere other than a swamp.

This is what seems a little odd. LE is so sure he's in the swamp, they're swarming it with every category of manpower and detective power they can bring to bear. But there's no guarantee he's there, or ever was there more than an hour or two, until some pre-arranged pick-up took him somewhere else. He could be anywhere by now. He could be in someone's basement watching LE on TV trying to track him in the swamp, and laughing his head off.

It's a long shot but maybe they are searching there to divert attention from thei real search. Once they find Brian elsewhere, they can try to sue the family for the search costs due to the false report. MOO. IMO.

Imo
There is NO logical explanation for what he's done!

Sadly there is. I think he killed her. In a fight. In some way that makes it clear it’s homicide as autopsy decrees Then he rushed home to tell parents who called attorney who told them that best legal option was to say absolutely nothing. Which they did That’s the simplest explanation for what happened

But other scenarios possible. Maybe he left her for a time, alone at campsite, returned and she was dead. Maybe she told him to leave, take the Danged van and get out of her life. Maybe she took up with other people. But none of these other scenarios feel right —I’d think calling LE, telling friends would have happened if the other things were the case.
Or maybe he returned and refused to talk and parents scared, called attorney who said to say nothing.
All we know is that he left Gabby alone, she was killed, van came back to parents’ place, attorney advised parents to say nothing, and parents have reported him missing
Nothing else is certain. No Certain report of BL at house even.

Woah. I don't want to jump the gun here but if this is true (and I don't have reason to believe they're lying) IMHO it makes me believe Brian never disappeared on a hike in the swamp but instead went to some yet-unknown hiding spot that his parents helped find.
Is that camper thingy GPS enabled or not?
How many times did it move from the driveway since the witness saw it being filled?

So you are saying this camper "shell", which is what we call it in my neck of the woods, is currently at the Laundries' home? Hmmm....I was picturing it situated someplace and BL living in it currently. If not, then what do we think the thought process around this recently purchased truck and camper shell would be? A plan unexecuted? A way to conceal something you transported to hide (survival supplies?)

Admittedly, I am reaching here and haven't had time to think it through, but I do find this truck/camper shell really thought provoking.

Edited to add that the father of my husband's best childhood friend had a camper shell on his pick up and they used it quite a bit as a makeshift sleeper on camping trips. Obviously just father and son type stuff and not that comfy, but that is how they used theirs.
Camper shell! That’s it. Opens the door for lots of possibilities.

Deleted. Someone is saying the police have announced the trail cam photo was determined not to be Brian. I'm not seeing any links to prove this, but I don't want to contribute to speculation until I know for sure.
You can do a search of the thread and find it. I saw it earlier.

It is hard to know his level of intelligence based on what I have seen, or more importantly, a lack there of.

LE may not find him where they are currently looking but that is not because they are fools. They are smart in their training, to follow leads, organize resources, and communicate smartly and effectively.

I've spent hours combing over his social media and reading pages of the books he read, and his thoughts about his reading. I am pretty good at ballparking IQ, as well (years of experience observing people; guessing; then obtaining professional results from standard intelligence tests).

I think BL is of above average intelligence. <modsnip> I'm still looking at his considerable amount of art (there's a personality factor here too - for a 22 year old, he's spent a lot of time on his art, his planting projects, his climbing, his hiking, etc). His written utterances show an above average vocabulary for someone his age. He could also be called eccentric but not delusional. His writing on what it's like to be autistic is not lengthy, but he talks about how hard it is to be autistic.

That also helps explain his parents' hovering around him - they've probably spent 22 years trying to mainstream him and getting him positioned to have friends - and a girlfriend (and they buffered that relationship when Gabby moved in with them).

From his point of view, he probably isn't "being mean" when he tells her that she's never going to make it as an influencer. He doesn't understand how non-supportive that is, and how it will affect her emotionally (completely ruins the trip for her, long before Moab IMO), and he has a hard time meeting her standards of orderliness.

He thinks he's stating rational facts.

When I was looking at the pictures of his bedroom, I really didn't see anything that would have been influenced by a girl. If she had lived there for any length of time, I would have expected to see more girly things around the room. I find that kind of odd. Anybody else?

It very much looks like a "I moved into his space" room (and the van was Gabby's space and her design). I suppose there could have been a few more "girly" things there at some point (we don't know when those pictures were taken) but I've known lots of women with a similar aesthetic to the one in Brian's room (well, with less emphasis on Fight Club, but definitely lots of Batman in women's rooms). Personally, I think his design sense is surprisingly strong and unified, so I would be reluctant to mess with it if I moved in with him (I'd be looking forward to us having our own space, though).

I keep wondering if there was a time they were expected back. Was it just until the money ran out or did they think they were going to get an income stream from youtube that would eventually fund...true Van Life. I know someone who is living the Van Life on $1000 a month (passive income from foreign investments - she is 24; I do not know how long this will last though). She is also a youtuber (and that's where she got the money she invested).

Last edited by a moderator:
The amount of eyewitnesses in this case who're social media influencers (youtubers/tiktoker's/instagramer's/etc.) and just happened to be in Wyoming and saw Brian/Gabbie or their van in some capacity is very weird.

I have never seen anything like this case as far as social media and the “influencers” goes. It’s insane. Unfortunately I think there’s also a lot of people trying to get followers and attention off her name.

I’ve also never seen threads move as fast as these are.

I hope a lot of the new posters will stick around after this case is done and BL is charged and convicted. Lots of other cases could use the exposure and some fresh eyes too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member