Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 'camping trip' was more about taking stuff somewhere remote, than sightseeing. So I expect they left with far more luggage than they returned home with and Brian was due a shopping trip for some new clothes, shoes etc.

Gabby's family meanwhile, probably have little to nothing of her clothing, shoes, bags, bedding, possessions to be returned.

They may have dumped Brian en route, but they certainly dumped a lot of other things.

AUG 17: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23 -Some reports say he moved stuff into storage and some say out of storage (source - handwritten note by Gabbys uncle and interview with Mom)

AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted by Gabby

AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats delivered to hotel

AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.

AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane
(?Where was the van parked?)

Thank you for breaking it down that way. I believe that Gabby was working on this:

https://nomadicstatik.com/

when she was in Moab. People are mentioning her youtube upload, but the project she was trying to do was ambitious (own domain name, youtube videos, instagram reels, etc).

It's very sad to look at that webpage now. It doesn't go anywhere.

Thoughts on if GP could have possibly been pregnant? Would that be info the pathologist would have released already or something law inforcement wouldn't release to the public?
How would that change anything? I haven't heard anything that points to that, and others had commented on how slim she looked on July 12.

Florida law doesn't matter if he is charged with murder by the feds. 18 U.S.C. 3 is clear that anyone who knowingly provides comfort or aid to someone who committed a crime against the United States (like federal murder) can be charged as an accessory after the fact.

Perhaps this is where the Laundries Attorny made his ‘first’ mistake, not considering Federal Law could come into play when advising his clients.

Looking for an MSM confirmation that BL flew home for a period of time during their trip -- anyone?

It seems incongruent to me that someone who has been described by GP's best friend to have control issues, and has the overall optics of being an abusive narcissist would leave GP for a period of nearly a week. "Allowing" her to have her own experiences absent of him seems like atypical behaviour, so I'm curious if this trip has been confirmed to have happened (for whatever reason) or is spiraling conjecture.

It's not incongruent. He would be doing it as punishment and he would know she'd be miserable the whole time. More trauma bonds. Also, leaving her like that is abusive in itself. He didn't care about her at all. Did she even have keys to the van? Believe me, Narcs will often abandon a person, even in a bar full of men, when they are angry and want to show you who is boss.

Not a lawyer, but long-term dating one who is actually on the spectrum, so autism and justice are some of his favourite topics, and he's written extensively about it academically. I don't know the laws of Florida but it would be very difficult to use autism as a defense given how seemingly high-functioning he is. Autism is a very unique diagnosis for each person so it's incredibly difficult to build law or precedent around it. As the saying goes "if you've met one person with Autism, you've met one person with autism"

Thank you for your input - I guess your other half has probably the best insight there is into this then! I believe the spectrum is very wide, and as you say, a diagnosis can be different for each person.

BL does seem high functioning though, you're right.

I guess I'm trying to think of all the possible defence arguments an Attorney could present should BL be found alive, charged, and plead not guilty.

MOO

Just a couple of thoughts.
Maybe Brian sent the text about helping Stan while Gabby was alive. If she was getting a lot of calls and Brian is controlling, he could have grabbed her phone to see who was contacting her. Or he was just keeping her phone at this point. Could be cause for tension/ anger and Brian takes some of it out on the staff at the restaurant. If Brian is currently a POI and they can't do much if they find him but send him home, maybe they are actually tracking him til the autopsy report comes in?
I like both your thoughts, @InstantProof.

1. What if dear Grampa, aka "Stan" was desperately calling GP the afternoon of 8/27 because his 6th sense was on fire... 'My sweet granddaughter is in grave danger.' :(
2. What if LE is playing a game of cat and mouse with BL in that reserve? Could they know where he is and are tracking him, until they have enough evidence to arrest?

"Any person who maintains or assists the principal or accessory before the fact, or gives the offender any other aid, knowing that the offender had committed the offense of child abuse, neglect of a child, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child under 18 years of age, or murder of a child under 18 years of age, or had been an accessory thereto before the fact, with the intent that the offender avoids or escapes detection, arrest, trial, or punishment, is an accessory after the fact unless the court finds that the person is a victim of domestic violence."

BBM to reflect that GP was 22....also if the relative is keeping hush because of DV they would waive charges.

This provision holds that an individual can’t be charged with accessory after the fact if they are the suspect’s:
  • Wife
  • Husband
  • Parent
  • Grandparent
  • Child
  • Grandchild
  • Brother (by blood or marriage)
  • Sister (by blood or marriage)
Those who are NOT protected under the related person exemption include:
  • Uncle
  • Aunt
  • Cousin
  • Mother/ Father of Shared Child (unless married)
  • Girlfriend/ Boyfriend
Federal law supersedes state statute, correct? I appreciate learning the information but I don’t think FL law is relevant here. JMO but I believe a lawyer has also weighed in.

This caught my attention because I feel the opposite. Gabby was trying to build a community but her posts were incredibly short and not very "influencer-y" She was crying about how stressed she was about social media and "making it work" and they'd been travelling for weeks before the first youtube video went up. My belief is he was upset with how she was doing things, and that's why her latest Insta posts are all written/edited by what seems to be BL. His posts have been long and drawn out and narcissistic. He wants to be seen. He wants to be tagged.He wants brand deals. They were also fighting over her phone, so maybe he was trying to change her posts and make it more "influencer" and that caused a lot of tension and was why she felt like she was at fault when the police pulled over. I'd feel so silly crying to the police over social media posts so I think they didn't go into greater detail because she wanted to be taken seriously. MOO

IMO I don’t this this is the case at all. BL regularly posts shunning social media and being “connected”. Prior to GP he seems to have zero social media presence at all. He makes comments about spending too much time online. I don’t think he wanted the online / influencer stuff or attention at all. I think that is why he was so frustrated because that seemed to be GPs focus.

Snipped for clarity.

I think there's a couple of things about why her phone was as issue with Brian:

1) She used it to keep in regular contact with her mum and people like Brian don't want that. The power is in controlling every aspect of their lives and contact with 'the outside world' and especially her mum would have worried him. What was she telling her mum etc. Just like in the police stop when the police officer spoke to Gabby and when he went back to to Brian he asked what Gabby had said.

2) Using the phone uses its battery and charging it meant sitting in cafes etc for long periods of time. Brian didn't like this. The police stop was just after they'd been in a cafe for hours.

In summary, if he had the phone AND the car keys, he had ALL the power. It's all about power for him.

Its all getting fuzzy after the deluge of information, but I don't think there has ever been any definitive statement that they were fighting over the phone. The 911 caller said it looked like they were fighting over a phone, but LE didn't speak to him in person. (I wonder why that person hasn't actually come out and done and interview about his call). BL said she had it in her hand while she was slapping at him and thats what cut his eye. I can't recall exactly what GP said about the phone. But I can easily see a scenario where he wasn't trying to take her phone away to control her internet use, but rather to stop her from using it as a weapon. That wouldn't make him any less of an emotional or physical abuser, or that he didn't deserve her defensive actions (if thats what they were).

You can go a mile form the tourist spots and find solitude in most of those places. Most people don't generally go far off the beaten pass. Even on the AT, as busy as it gets, can find quiet spots by just walking a 1/4 mile off the trail.
Yes. Yes one can. But there's not the slightest indication (to which I'd be able to point) that suggests they did that. Every publicly available piece that I've seen is touristy. If one truly wants to be a adventure/travel/overland/vanlife YouTube-type, one finds new angles. I see none of that. Maybe they did, and it simply hasn't been published. My money is on this trip being a bunch of "name brand" visits. But, I'll acknowledge, there could have been more to it.

I'm going off this:
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1440697424129888256
"For everyone asking whether the Chris in the witness statement is the same Chris on the 911 call – I just got some clarity. I spoke to Moab Police. It’s a bit complicated. They explained that Grand County dispatch took the 911 call. And Moab Police took the witness statement."
"Two different entities. Police could not tell me whether it is the same person or not. They say the only way to figure it out would be to compare the records. The problem is – the records from both entities are redacted. In the 911 call, they silenced the last name"
"And in the police report they redacted the last name. So at this point I don’t think there is a way to know for sure."

It appears at some point there was information that the 911 caller was identified as someone named Chris.

I haven't been able to find a 911 transcript or recording that doesn't have the entire name blocked out/muted. However, the police report does seem to make it clear that ofc. Pratt was talking to witness #2 - who had given him his number.

If the 911 caller is also a "Chris" it does add a bit of confusion - but I think it is pretty clear who the officers were on the phone with at the scene of the traffic stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa