Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

I did not think it was shocking or bizarre at all. True, their mother is gone and has been for over a year so that reality has set in, but they have literally been without any parents for over 4 months. Not one bit surprising they were so happy to see their dad released from the jail. It's not over yet and no one can predict the future but I sure don't begrudge them "that day" of being happy and joyful and putting aside the stress for abit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. BM calls himself a redneck on p. 86 to explain potentially violating the law re: taking of deer antlers with a tranquilizer gun shot to immobilize deer in his yard.

Long but revealing article below about the practice of antler taking from living deer, something he could have learned in re: deer farming. Does BM need to fear a DNR charge in addition to his other woes?

https://www.farmanimalreport.com/20...t-off-its-antlers-breeding-velvet-harvesting/

I hope that he will be charged for this crime as well. Ughhh!

That is not necessarily true. Many abused women never think their abuser will kill them. I know from experience and working with abused women. What is sad is that they can even be put in the hospital with broken bones and they still will deny the abuser would kill them. Maybe it’s total denial for the woman or maybe it’s that the abuser at some point loses control and goes beyond their calculated terror/control tactics. I believe the threat of losing control of the person heightens the risk of serious injury or murder.
IMO people who are not abusers just can’t wrap their minds around someone doing that to someone they love. They may know they are abusive during the cycle but usually they are sorry and attentive afterwards.

Of course there are always outliers and I believe BM fell into the outlier category. He was mentally abusive/controlling, but he wasn’t that type of threat to Suzanne in her eyes. Although, she did indicate she was afraid to be alone with him. Maybe she saw him as a controlled bully and not an out of control abuser turned murderer.

Again, this is just MOO based on some experience.
EBM to correct typo.

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of the abused women that tell everyone "if something ever happens to me, so and so did it"

Question on cash bail: If BM is acquitted, whoever posted the bail will get the $500,ooo returned. What happens to the $500,000 if BM is found guilty?
It is returned at sentencing....generally court costs are subtracted but generally the "court costs" is not a high amount in the grand scheme of things.

I strongly suspect the media will smoke him out eventually.
JMVHO.

IMHO. BM aint gonna take the stand. Moo
Every juror will know its because he killed his wife. MOO

The outcome of the trial will depend solely on who the jurors like: E&N or Linda Stanley. MOO

In choosing a side, the jurors will also pay close attention to which side they think the judge favors. MOO

Last edited:
I have a feeling she's well buried and will never be found.
Hope I'm wrong.

I keep thinking about the arrest affidavit...witness MG relates a conversation she had with BM in which he stated he could "bury a body and nobody would ever find it" (something to this effect). This plus Barry's misdirections and attempts to persuade LE to drag the river...I have to wonder if she'll ever be found. Barry was very skilled at hunting and digging (operating his bobcat). I think Suzanne was a victim of both.
just my opinion and conjecture.

IMHO. BM aint gonna take the stand. Moo
Every juror will know its because he killed his wife. MOO

The outcome of the trial will depend solely on who the jurors like: E&N or Linda Stanley. MOO

In choosing a side, the jurors will also pay close attention to which side they think the judge favors. MOO

Agree. It would be colossally stupid to put Barry on the stand. He can't help himself, he's been lying so long he thinks he's good at it.

I keep thinking about the arrest affidavit...witness MG relates a conversation she had with BM in which he stated he could "bury a body and nobody would ever find it" (something to this effect). This plus Barry's misdirections and attempts to persuade LE to drag the river...I have to wonder if she'll ever be found. Barry was very skilled at hunting and digging (operating his bobcat). I think Suzanne was a victim of both.
just my opinion and conjecture.

I can tell you exactly where she's not, anywhere Barry suggested or staged. He pointed west (bike and helmet), north literally pointed north when blaming a mountain lion, and east (early attempts to frame his team/SODDI). The only direction he never pointed to is south. So she is south.

Agree. It would be colossally stupid to put Barry on the stand. He can't help himself, he's been lying so long he thinks he's good at it.

I could see Barry pestering his attorneys and convincing them to put him on the stand. He's paying for the lawyers so they'd cave if he insisted. And besides prepping Barry for the witness stand would create a lot of billable hours! Barry thinks he is a suave, charismatic, handsome charmer and can explain away evidence...OJ style. Would love to see him on the stand because I think it would backfire...he'd attempt to charm and flirt with the women and they wouldn't buy it and the men would be disgusted by it. Also I'm all in favor of anything his lawyers can do to deplete all his finances so that eventually Barry confesses and takes a plea.

edited to add: I think Barry is a dimwit and often contradicts himself, with no self awareness of doing so. He also says things that make him look bad (like a lying liar) and has no understanding that he just implicated himself. So many instances in the AA - Barry stating "the guilty person always points fingers," insisting that "saying 'I don't recall' means you're lying," and "oh it's always the husband." (may not be exact quotes but essentially this)
He's so dumb it's almost comedic. Would love to see him on the stand.

just my opinion and conjecture

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Their mom disappeared 16 months ago. I’m sure they mourned her loss and still do, but to say they shouldn’t show joy now when they feel joy, is wrong IMHO.

Their dad, whom they apparently feel has been falsely accused of killing their mom, has been granted bail and released from jail. Again, IMO only, that is an appropriate time to feel joy and express those feelings to their dad and the world. There is no shame in it.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Jumping in and skipping ahead…SM by BM account is never going to be found. The dogs hit on the landscape equipment 3X’s…so did he move her body on trailer alive (passing out)…so not exactly dead. Takes her passed out shrouded in dirt…bags of dirt…cover her up….some sort of landscape material. Is that why door was open as he purchased dirt/product in advance? Was any of the CODOT wall material delivered to another location…he shows up with her already? IDK…The weight of it … her live body unable to escape. I think she was alive and he moved her alive on the trailer carrying the equipment. I will bury myself (geez, no pun intended) in timeline but throwing this out there. Also, was there any kind of hint of cleanup on the equipment! I’m a Gardner and dog mom, so I do a fair amount of spray down everyday of the garden tools & dog —no chemicals, just water. . . My point being…habits….but why no family members dna in her vehicle…that’s more than a spray down. I have kids … why isn’t anyone discussing lack of F:F DNA in her older model vehicle. Somebody had time to scrub it, correct me if wrong. Sorry if discussed—spread out with too many cases, sadly. Last edit…he raped her then had his steak and ate it too.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I've seen young healthy bucks with antlers in April. The big guys no, but the young bucks and I see mostly white tail deer so I looked for info from Colorado and found this: Mule deer can shed their antlers anytime from late December to April or early May and elk generally drop their antlers in March or April, while most of the animals still are on their winter range. from Colorado Hunter: The Inside Skinny on Shed Antlers – Colorado Hunter

So if they naturally shed them in April, why would he say he was tranqing them to get them? It still doesn't make sense.

I could see Barry pestering his attorneys and convincing them to put him on the stand. He's paying for the lawyers so they'd cave if he insisted. And besides prepping Barry for the witness stand would create a lot of billable hours! Barry thinks he is a suave, charismatic, handsome charmer and can explain away evidence...OJ style. Would love to see him on the stand because I think it would backfire...he'd attempt to charm and flirt with the women and they wouldn't buy it and the men would be disgusted by it. Also I'm all in favor of anything his lawyers can do to deplete all his finances so that eventually Barry confesses and takes a plea.

edited to add: I think Barry is a dimwit and often contradicts himself, with no self awareness of doing so. He also says things that make him look bad (like a lying liar) and has no understanding that he just implicated himself. So many instances in the AA - Barry stating "the guilty person always points fingers," insisting that "saying 'I don't recall' means you're lying," and "oh it's always the husband." (may not be exact quotes but essentially this)
He's so dumb it's almost comedic. Would love to see him on the stand.

just my opinion and conjecture

I bet he'd start crying too...lol

jmo

MOD NOTE

Please STOP bashing the M daughters.
They are not accused of any crime, and as family members, they are off limits to negative criticism.
Time Outs are being issued for violating this basic and obvious Term of Service, and will also be issued for ignoring this warning.

I’ve finally read through the AA last night. I don’t understand why the prosecutors didn’t pick out more of the damning information in it during the PH. Specifically the barefoot prints in the bobcat bucket. I’ve tried to think of any reason the bucket would have barefoot prints in it besides Barry transporting Suzanne and I can’t, given their circumstances (no young kids or grandkids).

I say that because when I was young we used to love getting rides in the bucket of the tractor at my friends dairy farm. Although we always wore shoes since we would get dumped out at the end of the ride. But no kids around that I ever heard of at the Morphew’s Colorado home.

I hope the footprints were investigate intensely. Measured, checked for touch DNA, printed if not smeared. I realize the results don’t have to be in the AA, but you’re think they would have been presented in the PH. The defense should have the results from discovery so why wouldn’t the prosecutor use them to keep Barry locked up?

Interesting the Lara and Andrew exchanges with Barry . They seem like a couple who have their heads on straight. Most on page 55.

And now TADA!!! I am wondering...this paragraph
On December 8, 2020, Lara said that Barry called her on December 4, 2020 at 10:30 AM, and they spoke for ten minutes. Barry said his girls were angry with Sheila, having a hard time with her and do not want to talk to her. Barry told Lara he does not know why Sheila is doing "this." He said words to the effect of, "Suzanne's not dead. She's

And that is how it ends. I realize now, didn't originally, there could be a lot more written in that space after the word "She's". Is all the redacted information just whited out? I was looking for black lined out space....DUH

Last edited:
BM sure mentioned the river a lot! It's been a gut feeling for me from the beginning that he used the easy access to the river to his advantage in some way in regards to SM's disappearance/demise. I may end up being wrong of course and/or we may never know anyway.

Also, I agree with several OP's regarding several things since the release of the AA: what information in the AA was so damning after all that the judge felt the need to order it not be released until now? Also, regarding if BM wouldn't have talked to LE, he probably wouldn't even have been arrested! That's my opinion too! And, some things we've learned since the release of the AA, but yet weren't even mentioned in court but yet seem pertinent, such as dogs alerting regarding the Bobcat, the Range Rover information was not completed, let alone presented and/or mentioned in court, and many other things I noticed that I can't recall right now.

And, BM on the loose with so many different people who he must have no contact with!

As bad as I hate to think this, I think the prosecution has a very weak case, and I fear if BM ever makes it back to court next May, that he will probably walk free. I hope not. But I do have the opinion that LS couldn't wait to come on strong out of the gate and got wayyyy ahead of herself in filing these charges against BM!

This is all JMO/thoughts.

ETA: And yes, I understand the beyond a reasonable doubt, etc., and also with my opinion, that I wouldn't be allowed on the jury, which isn't an issue anyways as I am not a Colorado resident! However, I, as everyone else, are still entitled to our own opinions.

Last edited:
IMO having been married to a narcissistic man BM will mess up on his parole conditions. My narc had a restraining order and was forced to turn in all his guns however to my surprise the police did not come search the house and he still had guns hidden everywhere! He also had his brother and father buy guns for him! They do not like being told what to do especially by the police or the court system. They do know how to tow the line so unless someone reports him ( which I highly doubt his family or friends will) he will get away with a lot before he’s caught messing up. It’s like they can’t help themselves it’s the narc compulsion! My guess is he will also violate no contact orders as my narc did as well. They think they are above the law and smarter than any other person. I’ve been rereading the AA and it’s mind boggling to me how much it’s similar to my own story. I was almost SM multiple times. I refused to go on vacations with my spouse for fear he’d push me off a cliff or murder me in another country and hide my body. I understand SMs fear and why she didn’t and couldn’t leave. IMO SM sent the text on May 6th and since it appears BM didn’t give her that hard of a time she let her guard down and that’s when BM struck. Narcs are very, very calculating and plan everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa