Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just random thoughts here. It's going to get very expensive for someone (I assume Brian's parents) to meet the attorney in Orlando. The attorney is going to get a lot of billing hours in, flying from NY to Orlando and back again. And for what? A 30 minute meeting according to this link. The Orlando meeting really has me curious. All MOO, of course.

Brian Laundrie's parents shadowed by undercover agents on 150-mile trek to meet attorney

IMO BL is not an experienced outdoorsperson. He's a wannabe.
In general, I don't trust the term "expert hiker", especially when it is proclaimed by family or friends. Invariably, when there's a missing hiker sleuthed on WS, the hiker will be described as "experienced". Looking briefly over their situation and history, they never seem to be.
IMO unfortunately in this case, there is hype about BL being a "skilled outdoorsman", when that's his self-presentation. It may well mislead a search.
Let's keep in mind that, far from heading into the wild blue yonder, BL drove home to momma, and he seems to have needed parental support to (maybe) take to the outdoors. I have a feeling he's in someone's cabin.
Looking at the calendar, when would BL even have learned any outdoor skills? He graduated from HS maybe 3 years ago? Then he worked at Piggly Wiggly, correct? And in their 2 weeks annual vacation (or whatever meager amount it is), he's turning himself into a "skilled outdoorsman"? Ummmmmm, no.

I don't know anyone who's an experienced hiker call themselves an "expert hiker". I' not sure they'd call themselves "experienced", either, now that I think of it. I'd never call myself that. IME they're more likely to say they've had many experiences.
Gerrish-Chung....

Maybe they all want it to look like Brian committed suicide. There has to be a reason they’re still searching there. It doesn’t make sense as a place to hide long term & they’re searching near ponds. It’s never felt like they were searching for a live BL. But why? Have they dropped breadcrumbs to a gun & car & phone & wallet left behind. It’s like too much evidence. I just don’t get this guy at all.
When he fled WY and showed up at his parent’s home, he didn’t seem to be thinking things through. He is in Gabby’s car without her. Her clothing and some belongs could have been in it. Then there is the credit card theft. Gabby’s parents are also starting to get worried and he isn’t talking to them.
Sometimes confusion can muddle a case. Think Jonbennet Ramsey, family friends were in the house. There was the longest ransom note ever, with rough drafts in the trash. She was found by her father in the house, it seemed like it would be easily solved. The parents employed lawyers and besides a few interviews they remained pretty silent. The confusion and the things that didn’t make sense drew attention to the case and left people theorizing about Jonbennet’s death. The Ramsey’s had lawyers that probably advised against talking too much to avoid being caught in a lie or getting backed into a set timeline. Right now we are wondering where BL is. LE has spent over a million dollars looking for him in a reserve. People aren’t sure if he is alive or dead. While he is on the run or “camping” it gives a mental distance to Gabby’s murder and allows time to create a different narrative. Trying to make sense of things keeps people distracted. That’s just my opinion.

This is why I cannot figure out how Brian was permitted to burble on at that road side official stop. He launched straight into her problems, and the male coppers stood round nodding, didn't one of the coppers sympathise with Brian, his own wife apparently suffering from some similar problem, ? I was gobsmacked by the fact that they even knocked knuckles with him at the end, what the actual (*#$@>!!! was that all about??

Right! I also have heard that the 911 call was actually that Brian was hitting her. Is that right? Or were there conflicting 911 calls of her hitting him?

Just random thoughts here. It's going to get very expensive for someone (I assume Brian's parents) to meet the attorney in Orlando. The attorney is going to get a lot of billing hours in, flying from NY to Orlando and back again. And for what? A 30 minute meeting according to this link. The Orlando meeting really has me curious. All MOO, of course.

Brian Laundrie's parents shadowed by undercover agents on 150-mile trek to meet attorney
Telling him where in NY to pick him up?;)

This is why I cannot figure out how Brian was permitted to burble on at that road side official stop. He launched straight into her problems, and the male coppers stood round nodding, didn't one of the coppers sympathise with Brian, his own wife apparently suffering from some similar problem, ? I was gobsmacked by the fact that they even knocked knuckles with him at the end, what the actual (*#$@>!!! was that all about??

They should be kicking themselves repeatedly in the behind for how they handled that call. IMO. Little did they know how many people would see their conversation with GP and BL.

T
He's one of those all purpose type lawyers.
We discussed him briefly in the past few days. I didn't retain the information though his name is public and he will have a website..
Other clients might be worth looking at okay.
ry searching the forum for his name. Some one sleuthed him and posted a summary of the types of cases he has participated in. I remember dui’s were amongst them

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

If BL is in that swamp (and my gut says he isn't), it's hard to imagine the number of mosquito bites he would have by now. I'm extremely sensitive to mosquito bites and I was bitten numerous times while we were in that general area in early August. If they are spraying that heavily they may have trapped mosquitoes that show West Nile Virus.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel it's potentially another ruse.

He leaves his wallet - it doesn't mean he doesn't have money with him. Cash isn't traceable like cards are, therefore he has no need for his wallet, only the cash that was in it.

He leaves his phone - does he own just the one phone? Maybe he took a spare? Maybe he bought a burner phone? Maybe he bought a new sim card to use in an old phone handset he has?

I don't think we can read too much into leaving those items behind.

MOO
Well actually you just did read into those items being left behind. They were intentionally left behind. He didn’t need them where he aas going. And obviously could be traced.
Before I read up on this punk, I thought 50/50 suicide. After understanding his personality better, I have to agree that this swamp thing is likely staged as a huge diversion.
1) His parents knew he returned from WY with Gabby’s van, and that Gabby wasn’t there. They didn’t think that strange? Can’t trust them!
2) Think opposite of the swamp! Everyone is looking there, so thing for him to do is look like a tourist and go where lots of people go. Hide in plain site
3) Hiding on a boat makes sense, but if he is on a boat, its elsewhere. Swamp is misdirection.

Maybe the Army Corps of Engineers
Because, first, a coffer dam or something like it would have to be put in place to block all water coming in to that space, then excess water pumped out, then the appropriate type of concrete for the job in that environment would need to be brought in. That would be a costly job requiring specialized equipment and personnel.
was afraid of that. Unlikely there would have been one lying around, then?
Has to be a pre-existing gadget that he knows is there.. anything like that known to be in those swamplands?

I did some research tonight on primitive or dispersed camping sites within a 10 mile radius of BL’s home and given his ability to get a head start, I believe he could be camping somewhere very close to home but remote enough that he’s able to wait it out until someone eventually spots him—someone who really wants to find him.

I suspect he is in a very frenetic state. He wants to escape reality but has nowhere to escape to, no one to help him, and no ability to get continued supplies. He is probably debating every second at this point whether to venture to where people are to get food and supplies or whether he should starve in the forest instead. He is probably incredibly dissociative and erratic at this point. It must be absolute hell to be inside his mind.

I believe Roberta knows where he is and I believe she will never betray the trust of her son. She is probably losing her own grip on reality. They obviously have no way to contact him at this point because the FBI would know instantly.

The dynamics of this family are probably deeply fascinating and disturbing. At this point, I cannot tell who is protecting who.

(obviously all IMO)

Good, thought-provoking post, @zucchinibread. You've got some good points. -- BL should be at or past a breaking point by now -- if he is still alive and "in the woods," or he could be so weak and dehydrated that he cannot really form a rational thought. And if his parents haven't been helping him & know nothing about how he's doing, they're probably wild with fear and worry.<--- due to their own devices, of course.

A question for anyone who knoze: I know nothing about "burn phones" -- the ones you can buy, use, and throw away. Could BL and his folks be using those back & forth with no one else knowing? How could LE find out about burn phone use by or between certain parties? (d'oh)
Thanks to anyone who would like to answer...

IMO BL is not an experienced outdoorsperson. He's a wannabe.
In general, I don't trust the term "expert hiker", especially when it is proclaimed by family or friends. Invariably, when there's a missing hiker sleuthed on WS, the hiker will be described as "experienced". Looking briefly over their situation and history, they never seem to be.
IMO unfortunately in this case, there is hype about BL being a "skilled outdoorsman", when that's his self-presentation. It may well mislead a search.
Let's keep in mind that, far from heading into the wild blue yonder, BL drove home to momma, and he seems to have needed parental support to (maybe) take to the outdoors. I have a feeling he's in someone's cabin.
Looking at the calendar, when would BL even have learned any outdoor skills? He graduated from HS maybe 3 years ago? Then he worked at Piggly Wiggly, correct? And in their 2 weeks annual vacation (or whatever meager amount it is), he's turning himself into a "skilled outdoorsman"? Ummmmmm, no.

I don't know anyone who's an experienced hiker call themselves an "expert hiker". I' not sure they'd call themselves "experienced", either, now that I think of it. I'd never call myself that. IME they're more likely to say they've had many experiences.
It’s so good to see you here @RickshawFan as I know you will bring your expertise. After all this time of BL was in this preserve is he surviving? It seems impossible due to the rain, lightening, heat and humidity. What do you think?

If BL is in that swamp (and my gut says he isn't), it's hard to imagine the number of mosquito bites he would have by now. I'm extremely sensitive to mosquito bites and I was bitten numerous times while we were in that general area in early August. If they are spraying that heavily they may have trapped mosquitoes that show West Nile Virus.
He'd be exposed to all that vectorcide too. One or the other (or both) could make him very ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa