Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a Tik Toker so I don't know how to link it. Since it is their account I know it's permitted (it's been linked multiple times), but there is a video, 3rd row down, 1st video, him at home (yellow house in back) Zodiac novel on table. Page 103 or something. TikTok

There's also a post on either GP or BL Instagram noting that they were listening to a crime podcast called "Morbid". The comments under the photo are from WSers and Redditors like us here, all saying the same thing. She was one of us.

Maybe he was taking notes?

IMO….Who asks for directions anymore, especially at his age? Why would someone in his position (fugitive) ask for directions? Even if he couldn’t navigate via GPS on his phone (assuming he doesn’t have one) why would he ask a complete stranger
for directions instead of buying an old school road map or just following general signs (using basic geography) to his intended destination? Either this is a false positive or he’s just being a incompetent criminal again.
If it was BL (and I think that is a big "if"), maybe Gabby was the navigator. :(

Or maybe he's used to using a phone to navigate and to be able to tell Google maps to "avoid highways"? He might not have a phone, or might have it turned off so it wouldn't show up.

I do hope it was indeed BL and not a hoaxer or some weird confused guy.

JMO

Last edited:
I'll rephrase. Knowing you're on the FBI most wanted list and your family has told you that LE are searching for you everywhere with no expenses spared, why would you draw attention to yourself in such a way.

I didn't realise he was on the most wanted list, but there Gabby's name is at #12.

(Though, technically, BL's name is not included ... it is more of a request for information, which includes her unnamed boyfriend.)

Wanted Collection | Federal Bureau of Investigation

Last edited:
Yes of course he has allegedly murdered GP in the eyes of many.

The OP said beside GP and I'm of the opinion he isn't a serial or spree murderer. Just an opinion tho and subject to change as FACTS become public knowledge.
I don’t recall seeing that the OP mentioned GP but I will take your word for it and retract my statement if that is the case.

ETA actually looking back, I did not see that someone before you made that statement as I only read your post and that is what I was responding to. No worries though, these threads go so quickly that it’s easy to miss something.

Last edited:
If it was BL (and I think that is a big "if"), maybe Gabby was the navigator. :(

Or maybe he's used to using a phone to navigate and wanted to tell Google maps to "avoid highways"? He might not have a phone, or might have it turned off so it wouldn't show up.

I do hope it was indeed BL and not a hoaxer or some weird confused guy.

JMO
If it isn't him he sure acts like him................jmo

There's also a post on either GP or BL Instagram noting that they were listening to a crime podcast called "Morbid". The comments under the photo are from WSers and Redditors like us here, all saying the same thing. She was one of us.

Maybe he was taking notes?
My son is 33. Over the past 3 or 4 years he has dated three women in their late 20s/30s and all three of them have been into crime/murders, etc. And he's into those types of shows as well. Not his mother! I cover my eyes for fictional scary stuff.

Was Davis in a parked vehicle? How do you hike a trail and be in a vehicle at the same time?

Snipped for focus.
Several ways:
1. Get someone to drive the car, drop you off and pick you up. Some people hike the whole AT this way. I did this for a few days; it was such a luxury. Another hiker's spouse did the driving. The hiker hiked this way for the entire trip. Almost always a light day pack, not an overnight pack. How I wished...
2. Park your car, hitchhike to a starting point, and then hike to your car. I have done this.
3. Get someone to shuttle you. Or pay someone to shuttle the car. I have done this.
4. Park, stay at a hostel, and have the hostel owner "slack you". They take you to a trail point (just a daypack, no overnight stuff) and you hike to the hostel. I have done this.

I'll rephrase. Knowing you're on the FBI most wanted list and your family has told you that LE are searching for you everywhere with no expenses spared, why would you draw attention to yourself in such a way.

i get what you are saying, and i feel the individual who reported this "sighting" is possibly well meaning, but mistaken...yet, if you were on the run, the thought has to occur to you that you will eventually be caught...i don't see any scenario where he gets away with hiding in the U.S. for the rest of his life...so would you rather be caught being thought of as a devious murderer who has flouted the law, or as someone who has exhibited behavior that might be interpreted as some sort of mental instability? again, i don't think this was BL, but it's interesting to consider.

i get what you are saying, and i feel the individual who reported this "sighting" is possibly well meaning, but mistaken...yet, if you were on the run, the thought has to occur to you that you will eventually be caught...i don't see any scenario where he gets away with hiding in the U.S. for the rest of his life...so would you rather be caught being thought of as a devious murderer who has flouted the law, or as someone who has exhibited behavior that might be interpreted as some sort of mental instability? again, i don't think this was BL, but it's interesting to consider.
That would be just like him. He never takes responsibility for anything. He weasels out of it.
JMO

It always seems like directions on a phone or on our car's GPS automatically favor interstates/freeways. I've often thought that I would love a back roads option. Not for nefarious doings, but to see more interesting sights without figuring out what smaller roads are near the interstate.
The trouble with turning off the main roads option is you can end up far away from a gas station or a restaurant, or anywhere you can ask for directions. You can end up with no phone signal. You can end up in some strange places where the roads are unmarked with no street signs, like a graveyard on the side of a cliff, LOL. Been there, done that a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal